Time to end platform exclusives?

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By urbangamez

Poll Time to end platform exclusives? (35 votes)

yes 49%
no 43%

isn't it time for consoles to concede defeat and make their exclusives available to the pc, and give console gamers a chance to play pc exclusive games or will this water down the quality of in terms of graphics for these games.

• 
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

Simple answer:

Travis_Odell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Travis_Odell
Member since 2008 • 1775 Posts

It's already happened... Forza and halo is on pc. A gift, a gift from god. However Halo still lacks a fov slider.

As for Sony not so much, Gran turismo would be the icing on the cake.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#3 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

Wrong people to ask.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Your probabily going to get a lot of yes from this part of the forum, in system wars you will get cows saying something about a consoles Identity.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

Well as much as I'd love to see some of those console games on pc, it would probably lead to a serious decline in the number of console units sold if they gave up their respective exclusives.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Most PC gamers will say yes because we don't have branding on our computers - it doesn't belong to one company, even the most modded PC can't be achieved by buying all parts from 1 brand.

It's mostly PS owners fight with XB owners and we PC Master race fight with both of them together if at all.

I think this is more SW related question, but I would love to play console exclusives and share our PC exclusives with them.

I get the exclusive part because that's what sells their consoles, when a game is exclusive overall game devs gets some benefits out of the deal for not making their game open to the wide audience.

The exclusive games part will be ended when devs will refuse to brands offers and make their games on all platforms in the beginning.

Antarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7  Edited By Antarte
Member since 2009 • 387 Posts

I never understood a console user celebrating that a game that he/she loves, is only playable in 1 device (and being the worst device).

1. Think in someone that loves an exclusive in PS 1, 2, 3... now they can't still playing it anymore. Bad decision.

2. Sometimes enterprises releases an old game as "remaster" in new consoles (so they need to rely on the enterprises will).

3. Now think someone playing his last exclusive, he can't mod it, so still loosing.

For what are exclusives? Remember when Dark Souls or GTAV were exclusives, they used to be annoying in forums against PC, well, well they come to PC, we've modded them, and they overwhelmed console version, fanboys stopped instantly to talk about them. It is obvious that they only want exclusives not to play, just to brag on forums. Am I far from truth?

Now, about: PC 'exclusives' on consoles, first there are no exclusives on PC, games are on PC only for convenience (not paying royalties, indie support, mouse interface, etc).

And, usually, when a PC-only game pass to consoles is for bad reasons:

1. Designed for console from scratch (like Diablo 3), leaving half game of what it should be if were designed entirely for PC.

2. Saga killer (as Dragon Age 2), forgetting an intelligent way to play with KB+M for an action-pad oriented.

3. Saga nefed (as Crysis 2), converting a tremendous sandbox in invisible low-res corridors.

This is not for all games, there are genres based on 1st/3rd person action that are perfectly ported on devices limited to pad, but in more complex games as strategy or RPG, the port to console means an overall downgrade in the whole saga, even a change in genre.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

@thereal25 said:

Well as much as I'd love to see some of those console games on pc, it would probably lead to a serious decline in the number of console units sold if they gave up their respective exclusives.

Well I think if all games were available on all platforms there would be more reason to buy consoles (or rather, console form-factor PCs). I think there would be way more options too since lots of people can design a chassis and fill it with standard, off-the-shelf components.

Right now it's almost impossible to get into the console market because MS, Xbox, and Nintendo have it on lock.

I think what's missing is a way to boot Windows into 'gaming mode', where you can control the interface with a standard Bluetooth controller. There needs to be a plug and play mode since I think the major appeal of consoles aside from exclusives is the 'I just don't want to **** with it' mentality.

Really we need to deal with the fact that Windows have DirectX on lock and move to an open graphics API. Then there would be all sorts of options for an OS.

I know it's a pipe dream. MS, Sony, and Nintendo would fight it tooth and nail to a bitter, ugly death and would probably just try to destroy the gaming market when they realize they would lose their grip.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

I'm just gonna vote no.

Star Citizen would not be in development then.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

@groowagon: Very good point!

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

@groowagon said:

I'm just gonna vote no.

What if consoles just worked the same way PCs did? Then games developed for a generic PC could just run on consoles - the dev would just have to come up with some recommended settings for each console hardware config.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

@pyro1245 said:
@groowagon said:

I'm just gonna vote no.

What if consoles just worked the same way PCs did? Then games developed for a generic PC could just run on consoles - the dev would just have to come up with some recommended settings for each console hardware config.

You mean HTPC?

I mean consoles are practically same as PCs today, except with fixed hardware and closed ecosystem.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

@Antarte said:

I never understood a console user celebrating that a game that he/she loves, is only playable in 1 device (and being the worst device).

1. Think in someone that loves an exclusive in PS 1, 2, 3... now they can't still playing it anymore. Bad decision.

2. Sometimes enterprises releases an old game as "remaster" in new consoles (so they need to rely on the enterprises will).

3. Now think someone playing his last exclusive, he can't mod it, so still loosing.

For what are exclusives? Remember when Dark Souls or GTAV were exclusives, they used to be annoying in forums against PC, well, well they come to PC, we've modded them, and they overwhelmed console version, fanboys stopped instantly to talk about them. It is obvious that they only want exclusives not to play, just to brag on forums. Am I far from truth?

Now, about: PC 'exclusives' on consoles, first there are no exclusives on PC, games are on PC only for convenience (not paying royalties, indie support, mouse interface, etc).

1. Designed for console from scratch (like Diablo 3), leaving half game of what it should be if were designed entirely for PC.

2. Saga killer (as Dragon Age 2), forgetting an intelligent way to play with KB+M for an action-pad oriented.

3. Saga nefed (as Crysis 2), converting a tremendous sandbox in invisible low-res corridors.

This is not for all games, there are genres based on 1st/3rd person action that are perfectly ported on devices limited to pad, but in more complex games as strategy or RPG, the port to console means an overall downgrade in the whole saga, even a change in genre.

I can't play ps1-3 games anymore? That's super weird, I was just playing yakuza 5 the other day.

PS4's are stronger than a lot of computers game on out there.

ONly a few games actually have meaningful/not trash mods. Stuff like bethesda and tabletop sim.

The rest are objectively bad mods, you don't lose anything from 99.999% of games for not having mod access, that said, consoles do get mods.

We get it, you're a blow hard who wants to seem cool.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

@pyro1245 said:
@thereal25 said:

Well I think if all games were available on all platforms there would be more reason to buy consoles (or rather, console form-factor PCs). I think there would be way more options too since lots of people can design a chassis and fill it with standard, off-the-shelf components.

Right now it's almost impossible to get into the console market because MS, Xbox, and Nintendo have it on lock.

I think what's missing is a way to boot Windows into 'gaming mode', where you can control the interface with a standard Bluetooth controller. There needs to be a plug and play mode since I think the major appeal of consoles aside from exclusives is the 'I just don't want to **** with it' mentality.

Really we need to deal with the fact that Windows have DirectX on lock and move to an open graphics API. Then there would be all sorts of options for an OS.

I know it's a pipe dream. MS, Sony, and Nintendo would fight it tooth and nail to a bitter, ugly death and would probably just try to destroy the gaming market when they realize they would lose their grip.

But if a "console" is a fully customizable "form-factor PC" then it's not really a console anymore is it?

As I define it, a console is a cheap, budget plug n' play machine that can't be upgraded or modified in any meaningful way.

So my argument still stands... if I could get games like TLOU, Bloodborne, Nioh, Uncharted 4 etc. running on a pc that can easily handle 60fps, ultra settings, then what need would I have for a ps4/pro?

Antarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Antarte

@putaspongeon said:
@Antarte said:

I can't play ps1-3 games anymore? That's super weird, I was just playing yakuza 5 the other day.

ONly a few games actually have meaningful/not trash mods. Stuff like bethesda and tabletop sim.

The rest are objectively bad mods, you don't lose anything from 99.999% of games for not having mod access, that said, consoles do get mods.

Where are playing Yakuza 5? You still playing in an old device instead in your new PS4, that is an "advantage of closed devices" for you?

I will put in other words: can you still seeing Star Wars from 1977? In an old black and white TV set? or in your new widescreen TV?

That is the nonsense of video games that isn't in other media, and you are supporting it.

All PC games can have mods, and most PC games has essential mods, for example, I couldn't still playing Arcanum (from 2001), without a Widescreen mod to adjust the image in modern monitors. How does it feels to play a PS1 game, in your PS1, plugged to your new Widescreen-format TV? ah...

Consoles don't get mods, only 2 games from 1 enterprise, subject to all kind of restrictions in censorship and copyright, having the remains from PC. In fact, I'm modder, and thanks this, in Nexus we've experienced an insane increment of new players from consoles to have the full modding experience. When people try mods, they want more, mods on console was one of the best propaganda about PC gaming in consoles, and they love it.

Whenever this discussion ends, there is 1 real thing: you are supporting the worst system for you, for users, and for games.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PutASpongeOn

@Antarte said:
@putaspongeon said:
@Antarte said:

Where are playing Yakuza 5? You still playing in an old device instead in your new PS4, that is an "advantage of closed devices" for you?

I will put in other words: can you still seeing Star Wars from 1977? In an old black and white TV set? or in your new widescreen TV?

That is the nonsense of video games that isn't in other media, and you are supporting it.

All PC games can have mods, and most PC games has essential mods, for example, I couldn't still playing Arcanum (from 2001), without a Widescreen mod to adjust the image in modern monitors. How does it feels to play a PS1 game, in your PS1, plugged to your new Widescreen-format TV? ah...

Consoles don't get mods, only 2 games from 1 enterprise, subject to all kind of restrictions in censorship and copyright, having the remains from PC. In fact, I'm modder, and thanks this, in Nexus we've experienced an insane increment of new players from consoles to have the full modding experience. When people try mods, they want more, mods on console was one of the best propaganda about PC gaming in consoles, and they love it.

Whenever this discussion ends, there is 1 real thing: you are supporting the worst system for you, for users, and for games.

What's wrong with playing it on the ps3? The game runs well on it. It's not an advantage, however it's not a disadvantage either.

I'll see star wars in both (if i liked star wars that much)

The nonsense is you trying to flap your gums like you're in some elite crowd when consoles are just fine. You act like pc players don't have to buy upgrades to play the most modern games as well.

Do you not play pc games? Very few of them actually have mods. Also consoles can use mods, they just usually don't.

Skyrim and stuff have mods, so keep flapping your gums.

I have like 200-300 mods on skyrim, it wasn't that big a deal. The only game where mods are that relevant are stuff like tabletop simulator for obvious reasons.

Worst system for you, for users, and for games? No, I don't have an xbox one tyvm ;)

The ps4 is objectively worth it's price just in exclusives alone.

Antarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Antarte

@putaspongeon said:
@Antarte said:
@putaspongeon said:
@Antarte said:

What's wrong with playing it on the ps3? The game runs well on it. It's not an advantage, however it's not a disadvantage either.

The nonsense is you trying to flap your gums like you're in some elite crowd when consoles are just fine. You act like pc players don't have to buy upgrades to play the most modern games as well.

Do you not play pc games? Very few of them actually have mods. Also consoles can use mods, they just usually don't.

I have like 200-300 mods on skyrim, it wasn't that big a deal. The only game where mods are that relevant are stuff like tabletop simulator for obvious reasons.

Worst system for you, for users, and for games? No, I don't have an xbox one tyvm ;)

I've been playing since 2000s, so, I should need PS1, 2, 3 and 4 (also Xboxes and nintendos), to play all games, that is what you are defending? imagine such chaos in movies, music or literature, console fans are the most brainwashed people I've ever meet in history of entertainment.

In movies we have Star Treck vs Star Wars, no mater if you see them on old TV sets, a new widescreen or your phone, MOVIES are the focus of discussions, not the device in which you plays them.

And you are happy because they have you as human cattle? Deppending for all on 1 enterprise?

No you don't have mods, just an exception for 2 games (Fallout 4 and Skyrim remaster), those are mods made in PC, with all kind of limitations, you don't have nudity, or copyright like the Crysis suit, or HD textures, or mods with script extender, or mods that are compressed because stupid consoles can't decompress, can't use 3rd party tools, can't handle more than 1gb (or 5 in Xbox) of mods, have censorship to copyright, violence, nudity, they treat you as a 2 years old baby. That are the (narrow) selection of (lame) mods you have, in PC you have all mods, in the best quality and for all games.

Have you noticed the part in which I said that in Nexus we have an insane ammount of new console players that want the complete modidng experience? mods on those 2 popular games was the best PC propaganda ever made, and in your own consoles.

PS4, objectively, don't worth even being FREE, those so called games exclusives are a collection of QTE in interactive movies designed to impress kids that you beat in few days, and then nothing more, you force yourself to like games that are unplayable while in PC we still playing World of Warcraft for YEARS hehe, pathetic all of you together.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PutASpongeOn

@Antarte said:
@putaspongeon said:
@Antarte said:
@putaspongeon said:

I've been playing since 2000s, so, I should need PS1, 2, 3 and 4 (also Xboxes and nintendos), to play all games, that is what you are defending? imagine such chaos in movies, music or literature, console fans are the most brainwashed people I've ever meet in history of entertainment.

In movies we have Star Treck vs Star Wars, no mater if you see them on old TV sets, a new widescreen or your phone, MOVIES are the focus of discussions, not the device in which you plays them.

And you are happy because they have you as human cattle? Deppending for all on 1 enterprise?

No you don't have mods, just an exception for 2 games (Fallout 4 and Skyrim remaster), those are mods made in PC, with all kind of limitations, you don't have nudity, or copyright like the Crysis suit, or HD textures, or mods with script extender, or mods that are compressed because stupid consoles can't decompress, can't use 3rd party tools, can't handle more than 1gb (or 5 in Xbox) of mods, have censorship to copyright, violence, nudity as a 2 years old baby. That are the (narrow) selection of (lame) mods you have, in PC you have all mods, in the best quality and for all games.

Have you noticed the part in which I said that in Nexus we have an insane ammount of new console players that want the complete modidng experience? mods on those 2 popular games was the best PC propaganda ever made, and in your own consoles.

PS4, objectively, don't worth even being FREE, those so called games exclusives are a collection of QTE in interactive movies designed to impress kids that you beat in few days, and then nothing more, you force yourself to like games that are unplayable while in PC we still playing World of Warcraft for YEARS hehe, pathetic all of you together.

I hope you know upgrades in consoles are literally built so that devs can do more impressive things.

You can play all games on pc anyway, too many good exclusives. Also you don't need an xbox.

It's cute how you are acting like such a thing is a conspiracy theory or something, it shows how insane you are.

"you don't have nudity" Oh nooooooooooo............ really? Is that a deal breaker to you? Just go jerk off to porn.

"nudity as a 2 year old baby", wait, you have pedophilia mods?

Most games don't have mods and most that do have 3 shitty retextures.

Mods are shit for anything but getting overpowered in video games not named tabletop simulator.

See, that last little section is pure retardation. Ratchet and Clank, Bloodborne, The King of Fighters XIV, Alienation, Resogun, World of Final Fantasy, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0, The Last Guardian, Uncharted 4, Driveclub, WipEout Omega Collection, Let It Die, Until Dawn, Infamous Second Son, Rez Infinite, Bound, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Nioh, etc etc

Meanwhile we have stuff like Horizon: Zero Dawn, Spider-Man, God of War, Uncharted The Lost Legacy, Yakuza Kiwami, Yakuza 6, Nex Machina, Matterfall, The Last of Us Part 2, EDF 5, Dreams, Knack 2 (solid couch co op game), New Hot Shots Golf, Persona 5, Gran Turismo Sport, Drawn to Death, possibly Deep Down, Kill Strain, Malicious Fallen, Wattam, WiLD, etc etc upcoming.

You're such a painfully disgusting fanboy that I feel like puking. In the face of overwhelming logic, you'll still suck pc's dick by downplaying those games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#19 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

Here on pc, I would love it, but it's obvious to me as to why it still is a practice. If I am selling a similar product to you, does it benefit me to tell my customers you might have a better product? Hell no.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#20 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

No, go tuck yourself.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nepu7supastar7

@putaspongeon:

Some people just don't understand the joy of collecting consoles. We don't throw old consoles out just because they're old, we keep them for the memories and so we can keep playing them for years to come. It would be boring as **** if everything was sold on one bland as hell console. There'd just be no point to it anymore.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

I voted no because you make this seem a lot simpler than it actually would be.

Antarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Antarte

@putaspongeon said:
@Antarte said:
@putaspongeon said:
@Antarte said:

No you don't have mods, just an exception for 2 games (Fallout 4 and Skyrim remaster), those are mods made in PC, with all kind of limitations, you don't have nudity, or copyright like the Crysis suit, or HD textures, or mods with script extender, or mods that are compressed because stupid consoles can't decompress, can't use 3rd party tools, can't handle more than 1gb (or 5 in Xbox) of mods, have censorship to copyright, violence, nudity as a 2 years old baby. That are the (narrow) selection of (lame) mods you have, in PC you have all mods, in the best quality and for all games.

I hope you know upgrades in consoles are literally built so that devs can do more impressive things.

You can play all games on pc anyway, too many good exclusives. Also you don't need an xbox.

It's cute how you are acting like such a thing is a conspiracy theory or something, it shows how insane you are.

"you don't have nudity" Oh nooooooooooo............ really? Is that a deal breaker to you? Just go jerk off to porn.

Mods are shit for anything but getting overpowered in video games not named tabletop simulator.

See, that last little section is pure retardation. Ratchet and Clank, Bloodborne, The King of Fighters XIV, Alienation, Resogun, World of Final Fantasy, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0, The Last Guardian, Uncharted 4, Driveclub, WipEout Omega Collection, Let It Die, Until Dawn, Infamous Second Son, Rez Infinite, Bound, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Nioh, etc etc

Meanwhile we have stuff like Horizon: Zero Dawn, Spider-Man, God of War, Uncharted The Lost Legacy, Yakuza Kiwami, Yakuza 6, Nex Machina, Matterfall, The Last of Us Part 2, EDF 5, Dreams, Knack 2 (solid couch co op game), New Hot Shots Golf, Persona 5, Gran Turismo Sport, Drawn to Death, possibly Deep Down, Kill Strain, Malicious Fallen, Wattam, WiLD, etc etc upcoming.

You're such a painfully disgusting fanboy that I feel like puking. In the face of overwhelming logic, you'll still suck pc's dick by downplaying those games.

In consoles devs can do less and proof is that when a purely exclusive, thought for consoles from scratch, pass to PC, as Dark Souls, we in PC can see how lame was, but, with mods is even better than Dark Souls 3.

Yes, you also have violence, nudity, copyright restriction (and you are celebrating, how do you call that?)..., you have to deal with PEGI, we deal with it too, but we solve that with mods, while you play all games censored for children, they treat you as a 2 years old baby, and you says you like it? hehe,

Fortunately those 2 games in which you can use our mods (and if we port them, don't forget that), have proven that console players loves nude patches, just see how often they are asking for that (being impossible due Bethesda's restrictions). I can only feel pity for you, sincerely.

Most PC games can be modded easily, all games that are famous enough have essential mods as widescreen for classic games as Heroes of Might and Magic, Dune, Arcanum, Diablo 2, Vampire, Neverwinter Nights, Doom, Quake, etc.

And you didn't answered how can you still playing your old beloved games in your old console plugged to your new widescreen TV.

And here you came with your last cartridge... your lame exclusives list. Seems you will learn nothing from here, why we have more exclusives than in all consoles together, and why our exclusives are eternal, we still playing Baldur's Gate, WoW, Lol, while you can't still playing your old exclusives without widescreen mods, exclusives aren't your advantage, are your worst weakness. Someday, when you finally could play in the best device (not hating it like now), you will remember each time you had celebrated your beloved exclusives list with tears for not being able to play them in your best device with mods.

Antarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Antarte

@killered3 said:

@putaspongeon:

Some people just don't understand the joy of collecting consoles. We don't throw old consoles out just because they're old, we keep them for the memories and so we can keep playing them for years to come. It would be boring as **** if everything was sold on one bland as hell console. There'd just be no point to it anymore.

I love to collect my old PCs too, in fact, I have all of them working in LAN in my home to play good old games with friends (as a mini cyber coffee), Starcraft, Diablo 2, Counter Strike, even online games as WoW or DotA, having lots of laughs together also when we play bad is hilarious when you have your friends close.

The thing is that we have the option to keep our old PCs, but also we can choose to have a clean environment with only 1 device and all games in a click.

So you are celebrating that you are forced to store all your old hardware, you celebrate that you can't choose. How do you call that?

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nepu7supastar7

@Antarte:

Nobody's holding a gun to my head and telling me to keep everything. I do it because it's fun to collect old things! And having those consoles being the only means to play old games makes those consoles all the more special.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By PutASpongeOn

@Antarte said:
@putaspongeon said:
@Antarte said:
@putaspongeon said:

In consoles devs can do less and proof is that when a purely exclusive, thought for consoles from scratch, pass to PC, as Dark Souls, we in PC can see how lame was, but, with mods is even better than Dark Souls 3.

Yes, you also have violence, nudity, copyright restriction (and you are celebrating, how do you call that?)..., you have to deal with PEGI, we deal with it too, but we solve that with mods, while you play all games censored for children, they treat you as a 2 years old baby, and you says you like it? hehe,

Fortunately those 2 games in which you can use our mods (and if we port them, don't forget that), have proven that console players loves nude patches, just see how often they are asking for that (being impossible due Bethesda's restrictions). I can only feel pity for you, sincerely.

Most PC games can be modded easily, all games that are famous enough have essential mods as widescreen for classic games as Heroes of Might and Magic, Dune, Arcanum, Diablo 2, Vampire, Neverwinter Nights, Doom, Quake, etc.

And you didn't answered how can you still playing your old beloved games in your old console plugged to your new widescreen TV.

And here you came with your last cartridge... your lame exclusives list. Seems you will learn nothing from here, why we have more exclusives than in all consoles together, and why our exclusives are eternal, we still playing Baldur's Gate, WoW, Lol, while you can't still playing your old exclusives without widescreen mods, exclusives aren't your advantage, are your worst weakness. Someday, when you finally could play in the best device (not hating it like now), you will remember each time you had celebrated your beloved exclusives list with tears for not being able to play them in your best device with mods.

That picture doesn't look better than dark souls 3.

If I want to watch porn, I'll watch porn. If I want to play a non child friendly game, I'll get a non child friendly game. There are literally hentai games on the ps4.

They aren't your mods, they are mods that people create. See, you're trying to hype up the pc to feel special yourself when you're just some bum with a huge ego who's trying to debate that his piece of entertainment hardware is better than someone else's (and failing)

PC has more trash exclusives than consoles, literal shovelware. Honestly WoW is kind of shit.
The fact that you said "lame exclusives list" shows how fucking up your own ass you are, that's a fucking exceptional game list.

I spent 1100 on a gaming pc that I built myself. You're literally wasting your time with your pathetic little argument.

Antarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Antarte

@putaspongeon said:
@Antarte said:
@putaspongeon said:
@Antarte said:

If I want to watch porn, I'll watch porn. If I want to play a non child friendly game, I'll get a non child friendly game. There are literally hentai games on the ps4.

They aren't your mods, they are mods that people create. See, you're trying to hype up the pc to feel special yourself when you're just some bum with a huge ego who's trying to debate that his piece of entertainment hardware is better than someone else's (and failing)

PC has more trash exclusives than consoles, literal shovelware. Honestly WoW is kind of shit.

The fact that you said "lame exclusives list" shows how fucking up your own ass you are, that's a fucking exceptional game list.

I spent 1100 on a gaming pc that I built myself. You're literally wasting your time with your pathetic little argument.

That (in motion) looks better than any console game because in PC you have filters, occlusion, Anti Alias, etc, (to that, add the HD texture pack that most popular games has), if you don't want to see it you aren't objective but the solution are maths: 1080p owns 720p, objectively quality is better on PC, even without any mod. Any questions?

If I want porn, I have better porn than you in HD, if I want dirty games, I have more dirty games than you in PC, also for free. See? I still better than you, but now, if you want Fallout, Dragon's Dogma, Dark Souls, Dragon Age, GTA, or any other game without censorship, you can't. Understood?

But please, let me understand why are you celebrating your endless limitations.

WoW has more players tan any console game, LoL has more players than all consoles together, Counterstrike has more mods than any lame console exclusives list. You don't like real games, who cares? most people didn't like consoles exclusives that even aren't the most sold in their own consoles, people buy consoles to the most popular (and endless) multiplatform as Mass Effect, not those exclusives sentimental-emo-casual-fanboyed that a baby easily pass in a day.

And if you have a good PC is worse; what is your problem with humanity to prefer NOT being able to play some games in your best device, at highest quality and forever?

Antarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Antarte

@killered3 said:

@Antarte:

Nobody's holding a gun to my head and telling me to keep everything. I do it because it's fun to collect old things! And having those consoles being the only means to play old games makes those consoles all the more special.

Nobody forces you but you must do that to play your old beloved exclusives, right? well, in PC that is an option instead a necessity. I wonder if console people still understanding the meaning of "having options"?

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nepu7supastar7

@Antarte:

But that's just the beauty of it! When you're limited to only play exclusives on certain consoles then those certain consoles become valuable. If one console could play them all then they lose value. As strange as it sounds, I wouldn't feel right playing Uncharted 4 with an Xbox One controller or Halo 5 with a ps4 controller. The fact that I can differentiate the 2 because of the consoles is a big part of the charm.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PutASpongeOn

@Antarte said:
@putaspongeon said:
@Antarte said:
@putaspongeon said:
@Antarte said:

That (in motion) looks better than any console game because in PC you have filters, occlusion, Anti Alias, etc, (to that, add the HD texture pack that most popular games has), if you don't want to see it you aren't objective but the solution are maths: 1080p owns 720p, objectively quality is better on PC, even without any mod. Any questions?

If I want porn, I have better porn than you in HD, if I want dirty games, I have more dirty games than you in PC, also for free. See? I still better than you, but now, if you want Fallout, Dragon's Dogma, Dark Souls, Dragon Age, GTA, or any other game without censorship, you can't. Understood?

WoW has more players tan any console game, LoL has more players than all consoles together, Counterstrike has more mods than any lame console exclusives list. You don't like real games, who cares? most people didn't like consoles exclusives that even aren't the most sold in their own consoles, people buy consoles to the most popular (and endless) multiplatform as Mass Effect, not those exclusives sentimental-emo-casual-fanboyed that a baby easily pass in a day.

And if you have a good PC is worse; what is your problem with humanity to prefer NOT being able to play some games in your best device, at highest quality and forever?

Um what? Have you ever played an xbox one or ps4?

"If you don't agree with me, you are wrong"

I'm going to be blunt, any modern console can easily run dark souls 1 at 1080p and ps4 runs even modern games at the VERY LEAST at 900p.
Another thing, don't mistake graphics with resolution, please say you aren't so stupid that youd on't know the difference.......

Congrats, a current pc can outpace the ps3 and xbox 360, congratulations, I'm super proud of you, do you get a medal?

You don't have better porn than me though, my pc makes your pc look like a toaster. "also for free", what free games are you talking about? I'm hardly jealous that you can do a pico dating sim on newgrounds that you wank your little pp all day too.

What kind of pathetic little shit do you have to be to want to watch fallout, dragon's dogma, dark souls, dragon age, and gta characters **** and be nude? It's not even like it's official like with witcher, it's literally amateurs making grinding animations and trying to make boobs. It's cute how your whole argument against ps4 is "I want to see tits on fallout 4".

"people buy consoles for multiplatform"

Then why do I buy so many exclusives? Sounds like your argument fell apart very quickly. I'm being harsh when I say this, but you're a fucking idiot, the majority of pc and console games are filthy fucking casuals who buy them to do stuff like fifa and army's army: proving ground.

You're so far up your own ass trying to justify pc by downplaying consoles, that it's genuinely pathetic.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

Defeat? Seriously? Hahahah that's hilarious. I am primarily a PC gamer but you're straight up delusional if you think consoles have been defeated. If anything PC has been absolutely crushed by consoles in terms of exclusives. Naughty Dog alone (The Last of Us) makes single player games better than anything PC has ever come close to. Consoles are pumping out a huge amount of excellent exclusives, especially PS4. Just in the past month alone there's Gravity Rush 2, Nioh, Yakuza 0, FFXV, and now Horizon Zero Dawn, all critically acclaimed and very highly rated by all major publications. Then you have older stuff like Bloodborne, Until Dawn, ect ect ect. With PS4 Pro on a 4K HDR TV like 90% of games look better than PC. Maybe you should just buy a PS4 Pro and a 4K HDR capable TV? I just bought an HDR TV and it makes a massive difference in terms of graphics. Games that support HDR look stunning with HDR turned on. There's no "water downed quality" whatsoever. Most console games look just as good as PC games, if not better. Look at these graphics in this video (turn on 4K resolution) and tell me what PC game has come close to this recently...

Loading Video...

Antarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Antarte
@putaspongeon said:
@Antarte said:
@putaspongeon said:
@Antarte said:

I'm going to be blunt, any modern console can easily run dark souls 1 at 1080p and ps4 runs even modern games at the VERY LEAST at 900p.

Another thing, don't mistake graphics with resolution, please say you aren't so stupid that youd on't know the difference.......

Congrats, a current pc can outpace the ps3 and xbox 360, congratulations, I'm super proud of you, do you get a medal?

You don't have better porn than me though, my pc makes your pc look like a toaster. "also for free", what free games are you talking about? I'm hardly jealous that you can do a pico dating sim on newgrounds that you wank your little pp all day too.

What kind of pathetic little shit do you have to be to want to watch fallout, dragon's dogma, dark souls, dragon age, and gta characters **** and be nude? It's not even like it's official like with witcher, it's literally amateurs making grinding animations and trying to make boobs. It's cute how your whole argument against ps4 is "I want to see tits on fallout 4".

Then why do I buy so many exclusives? Sounds like your argument fell apart very quickly. I'm being harsh when I say this, but you're a fucking idiot, the majority of pc and console games are filthy fucking casuals who buy them to do stuff like fifa and army's army: proving ground.

You're so far up your own ass trying to justify pc by downplaying consoles, that it's genuinely pathetic.

“any modern console can easily run dark souls 1 at 1080p” and... may I ask how would you plan to run Dark Souls 1 on PS4? ah...

A current mid-range PC outpace all consoles because PS4/XOne had BORN outdated.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2016/10/22/battlefield-1-graphics-comparison-xbox-one-vs-ps4-vs-pc

...and that, not counting mods...

Loading Video...

“my pc makes your pc look like a toaster” but... didn’t we were talking about your console? now your PC is coming to the rescue, ah...

Just google sex games, there are in all genres, from shooters to platforms and RPG, most of them free, or mods from another games, yes, in PC I have better porn than in your console, and more dirty games than in your CENSORED console. Understood?

“What kind of pathetic little shit do you have to be to want to watch fallout nude?” so that is your defense? Theorize about what is right or wrong? We are forgetting the issue about that you can’t do that, and you love to have limitations because is... right? Really? So pathetic that is hilarious.

Well, think that people buy consoles for exclusives is your opinion but sales are the truth:

http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/69/playstation-4/

The Last Guardian: 0.9 million
Bloodborne: 2 million
The Last of Us: 5 million

Fallout 4: 7 million
FIFA: 10 million
Call of Duty: 14 million

As you can see, people buy consoles to play real games, emotive-cliche story are just marketing to fanboys that they still believing people loves to buy a $60 (bad) movie. Numbers are reality, and reality is the truth.

And please, stop analyzing me, PC is superior in all: quality, all genres, mores exclusives, more longevity, unlimited options, mods, if you don’t accept reality, your problem is not with me, your problem is with reality.

Antarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Antarte

@killered3 said:

@Antarte:

But that's just the beauty of it! When you're limited to only play exclusives on certain consoles then those certain consoles become valuable. If one console could play them all then they lose value. As strange as it sounds, I wouldn't feel right playing Uncharted 4 with an Xbox One controller or Halo 5 with a ps4 controller. The fact that I can differentiate the 2 because of the consoles is a big part of the charm.

I understand, you are seeing videogames trough the device, as an antique collector, instead the videogame itself, as a gamer.

Imagine the same scenario with literature, music or movies, only being able to see Star Wars in Samsung and Star Trek in Philips. Would you like that for your life?

Also, consider that consoles are electro-mechanic devices, subject to all kind of ill-treatment, and when they broke, you can't repair a discontinued device.

Exclusives don't harm those who can't play them, Exclusives harm directly the people who plays them, limiting your choices, possibilities, lifetime, modding, etc. I can't care less about people that can't still playing Mario Bros today, they are whom need to emulate in PC to still playing, and never will see a mod. I still playing Baldur's Gate in my new PC, and enhanced with mods, understood the difference about having the option to preserve your old hardware, and the necessity?

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PutASpongeOn

@Antarte said:
@putaspongeon said:
@Antarte said:
@putaspongeon said:

“any modern console can easily run dark souls 1 at 1080p” and... may I ask how would you plan to run Dark Souls 1 on PS4? ah...

http://www.ign.com/videos/2016/10/22/battlefield-1-graphics-comparison-xbox-one-vs-ps4-vs-pc

Loading Video...

“my pc makes your pc look like a toaster” but... didn’t we were talking about your console? now your PC is coming to the rescue, ah...

Just google sex games, there are in all genres, from shooters to platforms and RPG, most of them free, or mods from another games, yes, in PC I have better porn than in your console, and more dirty games than in your CENSORED console. Understood?

“What kind of pathetic little shit do you have to be to want to watch fallout nude?” so that is your defense? Theorize about what is right or wrong? We are forgetting the issue about that you can’t do that, and you love to have limitations because is... right? Really? So pathetic that is hilarious.

Well, think that people buy consoles for exclusives is your opinion but sales are the truth:

As you can see, people buy consoles to play real games, emotive-cliche story are just marketing to fanboys that they still believing people loves to buy a $60 (bad) movie. Numbers are reality, and reality is the truth.

And please, stop analyzing me, PC is superior in all: quality, all genres, mores exclusives, more longevity, unlimited options, mods, if you don’t accept reality, your problem is not with me, your problem is with reality.

1) I mean the ps4 has enough power to easily run it at 1080p, 60fps

2) You can't get a pc that is as effective at playing games for 250 dollars. I have doubts you can even get the parts. PS4's and Xbox one's weren't future proofed to be hardcore gaming pcs, that being said though, they are better at the price point than pcs are. You can argue that a 700 dollar pc is better than a 250 dollar console all you want, it's kind of a horribly obvious thing, the more you pay, the more you can get out of gaming.

3) You said you can game better than me, I was being objective and said that's bs since I have a pc.

4) Gaming both on pc and console are full of filthy casuals who buy fifa and free pc games, pc isn't any different than consoles in that regard.

Also we're trying to justify the value of a console based on the exclusives, your argument doesn't have anything to do with that, you're trying to make an argumentum ad populum logical fallacy. The point of the matter is that those exclusives are good games.

Listen, I don't care how much bloodborne and stuff sells as long as they sell enough to stay profitable so that more can be made, beyond that threshold, I don't care, I'm a gamer, not a shareholder. That being said, I do care about sales of yakuza games since they deserve more sales and stuff like alienation/dead nation/nex machina/resogun. That is because they are underappreciated games. Bloodborne and The Last of Us selling however many millions doesn't directly affect me. I am kind of hoping that Gravity Rush 2 sells some more and that Horizon Zero Dawn does, cuz then those games can be supported further and the killzone dev's passion projects can stay instead of just another killzone. (if need be, let killzone be created by a new studio that sony forms as a little first run, but guerilla games shoudl be able to make the games they want)

But yeah, we're justifying quality, not success, therefore claiming sales numbers is irrelevant. Can you contest the quality of Bloodborne, Yakuza 0, Gravity Rush 2, The King of Fighters XIV, World of Final Fantasy, Ratchet and Clank, Until Dawn, Alienation, etc etc? If not, then the ps4 is worth owning.

If all you have is sales numbers, then you don't have an argument.

There might be more pc exclusives, however even as a pc fanboy, I can objectively say that ps4 has better exclusives this year.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nepu7supastar7

@Antarte:

No, you're going about it all wrong. If I wanted to game on a device with everything backwards compatible, I'd go PC. But I don't because I prefer consoles. If something breaks, I can repair it myself and surprisingly that's only happened once with the original Xbox 360. I've thrown out way more PC's than consoles, the oldest being my Super Nintendo that still works like I got it yesterday.

I've played enough PC in my lifetime to know it's just not for me. Mods are mostly useless skins, retextures and game cheating parameter alters and I could care less about them. Emulating pales in comparison to holding the original hardware on your hands. I prefer my retro gaming experiences to feel more genuine. Hell, I'd say every advantage PC has over consoles are just for luxury.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

So basically what we can all agree on is that PC is master race and consoles are atari with internet explorer and a joystick.

With that being said I own many consoles and still play them.

Antarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Antarte

@putaspongeon said:
@Antarte said:
@putaspongeon said:
@Antarte said:

Loading Video...

2) You can't get a pc that is as effective at playing games for 250 dollars. I have doubts you can even get the parts. PS4's and Xbox one's weren't future proofed to be hardcore gaming pcs, that being said though, they are better at the price point than pcs are. You can argue that a 700 dollar pc is better than a 250 dollar console all you want, it's kind of a horribly obvious thing, the more you pay, the more you can get out of gaming.

3) You said you can game better than me, I was being objective and said that's bs since I have a pc.

4) Gaming both on pc and console are full of filthy casuals who buy fifa and free pc games, pc isn't any different than consoles in that regard.

Also we're trying to justify the value of a console based on the exclusives, your argument doesn't have anything to do with that, you're trying to make an argumentum ad populum logical fallacy. The point of the matter is that those exclusives are good games.

Listen, I don't care how much bloodborne and stuff sells as long as they sell enough to stay profitable so that more can be made, beyond that threshold, I don't care, I'm a gamer, not a shareholder. That being said, I do care about sales of yakuza games since they deserve more sales and stuff like alienation/dead nation/nex machina/resogun. That is because they are underappreciated games. Bloodborne and The Last of Us selling however many millions doesn't directly affect me. I am kind of hoping that Gravity Rush 2 sells some more and that Horizon Zero Dawn does, cuz then those games can be supported further and the killzone dev's passion projects can stay instead of just another killzone. (if need be, let killzone be created by a new studio that sony forms as a little first run, but guerilla games shoudl be able to make the games they want)

But yeah, we're justifying quality, not success, therefore claiming sales numbers is irrelevant. Can you contest the quality of Bloodborne, Yakuza 0, Gravity Rush 2, The King of Fighters XIV, World of Final Fantasy, Ratchet and Clank, Until Dawn, Alienation, etc etc? If not, then the ps4 is worth owning.

There might be more pc exclusives, however even as a pc fanboy, I can objectively say that ps4 has better exclusives this year.

1) No, you've said that PS4 could run Dark Souls 1 at 1080, that could be a technical comment, but it's impossible to prove, the only way that we know to run Dark Souls at 1080 is on PC, also, with texture packs and filters, sorry.

2) If your problem is money, simply don't buy consoles, you can play more games than in all consoles together with the cheapest PC, and even for free. Use the same rule for all, ok? If you have consoles, money is not a problem, try another excuse.

3) So the only way you can play at my level is with PC, you are admitting what I've been saying, so can you explain me why we still arguing?

4) But console exclusives are minority, like TLOU (which means is pure emo-marketing), while PC exclusives are majority, like Diablo 2 (which means PC exclusives are a necessity). That is the topic of this thread, why exclusives are no more, right?

5) Sales means how much people like a game enough to buy it, understand? The best selling games on consoles (with 1 exception of Uncharted 3) are all multiplatform, that is what the same console gamers want, now.

6) "ps4 has better exclusives this year", define "better", people buy less exclusives, plays them for shorter time, with less devices and without mods. While in PC exclusives are best selling and people plays them forever, in all PCs with mods.

Please, give me your understanding of "better"? you mean "better graphics for linear corridors chaining QTE + cinematics"? that is the definition of "better" for a game? or for a pseudo-movie? you have a vision of reality affected for forums where marketing is around, but in the rest of the world there are +300.000 million PCs (and growing), and even more phones, we are in the era of Personal Computing, while you still wanting to buy dedicated devices as in 80's, knock cknock! is the future, open the door please? thank you.

Antarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Antarte

@killered3 said:

@Antarte:

No, you're going about it all wrong. If I wanted to game on a device with everything backwards compatible, I'd go PC. But I don't because I prefer consoles. If something breaks, I can repair it myself and surprisingly that's only happened once with the original Xbox 360. I've thrown out way more PC's than consoles, the oldest being my Super Nintendo that still works like I got it yesterday.

I've played enough PC in my lifetime to know it's just not for me. Mods are mostly useless skins, retextures and game cheating parameter alters and I could care less about them. Emulating pales in comparison to holding the original hardware on your hands. I prefer my retro gaming experiences to feel more genuine. Hell, I'd say every advantage PC has over consoles are just for luxury.

I think I've understanding very well what you've said, you are seeing games trough the device, as an antique collector, instead the videogame itself, as a gamer.

Please, ask this: the same scenario with literature, music or movies, only being able to see Star Wars in Samsung and Star Trek in Philips. Would you like that for your life? really?

I understand that you like this (limited) system because is what you know, but I grew up on PC, not limited on "generations", I have right now installed my firsts videogames in my best device: Diablo 2, Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Baldur's Gate, Age of Empires, Starcraft, etc, and with mods, to play skirmishes time to time, that is real comfort, not a room filled with old hardware.

A console is not a sculpture, is a device, and someday WILL fail, understand? maybe you are cautious with your collection, but is inevitable, old consoles were simple but modern consoles are mini-PCs, also they overheat often, so a PS4 will not last as a Nintendo 64, understand? collectors is a hobby different from gaming, a gamer want to still playing a game in the best possible way.

Again: exclusives don't harm those who can't play them, Exclusives harm directly the people who plays them, you still not understanding the difference about have the option to preserve your old hardware, regard the necessity.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By nepu7supastar7

@Antarte:

Antique collectors don't use what they collect, I do. I don't just collect consoles to look at them. I play them too.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#40  Edited By Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

Yes, console exclusivity must end, it really no longer has any place in the gaming industry, exclusivity does not benefit the gamers.

@groowagon: Star Citizen would be on consoles if they were capable of handling it, do not compare that to contracted exclusivity.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By PutASpongeOn

@Antarte said:
@putaspongeon said:
@Antarte said:
@putaspongeon said:

1) No, you've said that PS4 could run Dark Souls 1 at 1080, that could be a technical comment, but it's impossible to prove, the only way that we know to run Dark Souls at 1080 is on PC, also, with texture packs and filters, sorry.

2) If your problem is money, simply don't buy consoles, you can play more games than in all consoles together with the cheapest PC, and even for free. Use the same rule for all, ok? If you have consoles, money is not a problem, try another excuse.

3) So the only way you can play at my level is with PC, you are admitting what I've been saying, so can you explain me why we still arguing?

4) But console exclusives are minority, like TLOU (which means is pure emo-marketing), while PC exclusives are majority, like Diablo 2 (which means PC exclusives are a necessity). That is the topic of this thread, why exclusives are no more, right?

5) Sales means how much people like a game enough to buy it, understand? The best selling games on consoles (with 1 exception of Uncharted 3) are all multiplatform, that is what the same console gamers want, now.

6) "ps4 has better exclusives this year", define "better", people buy less exclusives, plays them for shorter time, with less devices and without mods. While in PC exclusives are best selling and people plays them forever, in all PCs with mods.

Please, give me your understanding of "better"? you mean "better graphics for linear corridors chaining QTE + cinematics"? that is the definition of "better" for a game? or for a pseudo-movie? you have a vision of reality affected for forums where marketing is around, but in the rest of the world there are +300.000 million PCs (and growing), and even more phones, we are in the era of Personal Computing, while you still wanting to buy dedicated devices as in 80's, knock cknock! is the future, open the door please? thank you.

1) It's not impossible to prove, it can objectively run it at 1080p. You're using it not existing to make bullshit up about the ps4's power. Congrats trying to compare 12 year old hardware to a pc though. (ps3)

2) The point is that the ps4 is good for it's price point, then you factor in the exclusives. I have both a ps4 and spent 1100 on a gaming pc.

3) I was pointing out how stupid you were, objectively you should get more power by spending more money, the ps4 is worth it's price point plus it has exclusives worth that price point.

4) "pure emo-marketing", That doesn't even make sense. Do you want a colorful post apocalyptic survival zombie game? The Last uf Us is meant to be realistic, it's not sunset overdrive. I can't say much to the quality of the series cuz I haven't played the first even, but yeah. Also ps4 has tons of exclusives, and a lot of them are great. It doesn't matter what games sell as well as fifa, a game selling or not doesn't effect the quality of a game, a game selling a lot doesn't effect me as long as the games I like sell enough to justify a sequel. So yeah, if you play games for sales numbers, that's pathetic. Some of the best ps4 games are the lower selling ones. For example, the yakuza series, housemarque games like resogun, dead nation, alienation, and the upcoming nex machina and probably matterfall, stuff like gravity rush 2 (which is honestly one of the most unique games around), etc etc are great.

5) "buy less exclusives" Argumentum ad populum. Games like this, this game is just pure awesome, it has not only online co op (you can play it alone though if you really want), it also has couch co op. Just like every game by hoursemarque.

Loading Video...

Housemarque are the best digital developer, they are literally tied with devolver digital. Sales means marketing budget, some of the worst games sell amazing. I don't know about you, but I'll play yakuza, housemarque games, bloodborne, etc etc forever.

Yeah, pcs that aren't used for gaming ever. Pcs bought by grandmas.

The point of gaming is to play good games, I'm playing good exclusives that are only on the ps4, therefore your argument falls apart.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

Sure I'd like to be able to play all games on PC for the performance it provides, but it's not going to happen and there's a good case that some of the great games would never have been made if it weren't for the platform holders financing.

Antarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Antarte

@putaspongeon: let's reach a conclusion because I don't want to do a doctoral thesis about how useless is to discuss with fanatics.

1) Still impossible to know because it's NOT on PS4 (congrats for your election), but if you ask me, Dark Souls 1 probably won't run at 1080 alongside with HD texture pack and filter mods.

2) Consoles aren't good even being free, today the cheapest PC can play more games than all consoles together from retro as Starcraft, to indies as FTL and low requirements as Torchlight.

3) Can you understand how hilarious is when you say "I can play well because I have a PC too" when we are talking about how useless a console is?

4) Sales prove that consoles prefer multis. Now, you like emo-marketing, perfect, buy that stupid girl crying among zombies in linear corridors, QTE, and cliche cinematics meant to make kids cry, but real games are like Baldur's Gate, Age of Empires, Diablo 2, WoW, CS, played for decades.

5) Whatever, read point 4.

6) And you didn't explained your meaning of "better". You can enjoy spitting from a bridge the whole day but that doesn't means that spit from a bridge is "better" than useful things.

Antarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Antarte

@killered3: Preserve your old hardware in consoles still a necessity, instead an option on PC, can you understand that very simple concept? Thank you.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PutASpongeOn

@Antarte said:

@putaspongeon: let's reach a conclusion because I don't want to do a doctoral thesis about how useless is to discuss with fanatics.

1) Still impossible to know because it's NOT on PS4 (congrats for your election), but if you ask me, Dark Souls 1 probably won't run at 1080 alongside with HD texture pack and filter mods.

2) Consoles aren't good even being free, today the cheapest PC can play more games than all consoles together from retro as Starcraft, to indies as FTL and low requirements as Torchlight.

3) Can you understand how hilarious is when you say "I can play well because I have a PC too" when we are talking about how useless a console is?

4) Sales prove that consoles prefer multis. Now, you like emo-marketing, perfect, buy that stupid girl crying among zombies in linear corridors, QTE, and cliche cinematics meant to make kids cry, but real games are like Baldur's Gate, Age of Empires, Diablo 2, WoW, CS, played for decades.

5) Whatever, read point 4.

6) And you didn't explained your meaning of "better". You can enjoy spitting from a bridge the whole day but that doesn't means that spit from a bridge is "better" than useful things.

1) It is possible, ps4 does those settings with similar games, therefore it's almost a sure thing.

2) "consoles aren't good even being free" Are you stupid? Are you that far up your own ass? Also regarding more games, yes, games that are from the 90's maybe.

3) I can play the games you play on pc at higher settings with pc and I can play games you can't play at all on my ps4.

4) I don't care what console users prefer, I'm here to enjoy playing good video games, sales don't matter to me as long as the game gets enough sales to justify a sequel if I like a game. For example I wish folklore had gotten more sales but it was released when everyone was not getting ps3's due to it being 600 dollars at the time.

I literally showed you a game that is literally pure gameplay. The qte linear corridor thing is a meme at this point, it has no ground in reality. Also I'd argue that linear games are better experiences than open world games. You know, I'm tired of these people wanking off sizer when most open world games are akin to watch dogs, where it's literally just a 5 minute drive to get to a mission which you really want to be playing in reality and then tons of useless side content.

Games that are open need to have polish like the witcher 3 and the yakuza series (which trades quantity of amp for quality of map, tons of detail and stuff to do in a smaller area than a gta or watch dogs)

But yes, saying a game is linear is irrelevant. QTE aren't bad, heck I enjoyed the first episode of telltale batman and that's almost all of what the game is. Linear means the developers can put more focus onto making a narrative, more focus into building the locations you are going to (some get lazy, but that's just bad developers), more focus into building what you're actually doing, etc etc.

"cliche cinematics" I suppose there are cutscenes in games, but cliche? Have you even seen a ps4 before?

I grew up on age of empires 3, point and click games, sid meier's pirates, and the battle for middle earth series, CS is shit though. WoW is good if it's your type but shit otherwise. But yeah, doesn't your whole argument fall apart if I'm playing alienation and games like yakuza 6 decades later? People still play yakuza 1 and 2 and those games are ps2 games. Your argument that "the games are popular so the ps4 isn't worth it for exclusives" is objectively fallacious. The objective fact is that it doesn't matter what other people play, the exclusives are there and I love them, enough so that single exclusives (which ps4 has plenty of) are worth to me buying the console for.

See, it's hard to take you seriously when your argument is full of such shit. You're literally saying stuff like alienation, bloodborne, yakuza 0, gravity rush 2, ratchet and clank, world of final fantasy, the king of fighters xiv, nioh, persona 5, etc etc aren't worth a free console........

You're the most disgusting of fanboys.

Antarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Antarte

@putaspongeon: well, clearly you are trolling.

1) Still dreaming.

2) I have a PS2 that a friend gave to me, and I've used it only to play a fighter game that we enjoyed, never borrow or bought a game because in PC I have more games than I can play, in best quality, deeper, longer, and with mods. Time is limited and can't play ALL games, need to choose, so, even being able to play free, you are paying the most valuable recurse in universe: your TIME.

3) You can play at my level on your PC (I thought this thing would be turning sad with time but still hilarious each time), and you can play things that I don't want to play in your PS, Nintendo & Xbox, good luck with that garbage. But, hey! here are more things that I don't want like spend the whole day spitting from a bridge, go and do that to feel better than a pure PC gamer, hehe.

4) If you don't care what people prefer, what are you doing here? I'm here because it's a shame that console fans want to play my games as Dragon Age, making the release for consoles profitable, and the games worse than if PC only, that is my point, but you are a console lover, what is your point here? ah... fanboyism, check.

5) Yes, your top rated games (those you want to presume on forums) are linear-casual-sentimental garbage, there are others that not but even free I don't want to feel something for a game that I need a dedicated device to play, also not knowing if I would be able to still playing in my next console, and without mods, even being free my time worth more.

6) To still playing PS1, 2, 3 games, you need those consoles, or a (bad) "remaster" (if available) at full price, nice scam, those are devices, someday WILL fail and you won't be able to play them until buy another, used, great election. Not mention how uncomfortable is to have many consoles just to play all your catalogue while in PC I have all my gaming history at 1 click, with mods.

You have been wasted time for a closed device, at this point I can only feel pity for your people...

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#47  Edited By Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

I would like it to end but it won't since exclusives are a major advertising initiative for the corporations.