This is so sickening it should be ILLEGAL. I hope Crytek goes out of business.

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 TrooperManaic
Member since 2004 • 3863 Posts

Well after about 3 months of fighting with these people, AFTER all the agervation and all the so called customer support they been trying to give me. Their anwser to me is that they cannot help me and I should buy another Crysis.

NOW heres my problem "and everyone else who owns Windows 7 64bit" we cannot play this game via multiplayer because it just stops working. Crashes after 5 or so mins also useing the graphics settings crashes the game.

I tried playing this game in both DX10 and DX9 64bit and 32bit, nothing works.

I feel so cheated out of my money because they already said they wont be releasing another patch so what now im stuck with a game I cant play. I paid FULL PRICE for this game when it came out. I will NEVER support them EVER again no matter how good their game is and I want everyone else to know how they treat their customers.

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#2 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
Is this the only game you are having trouble with? You could be experiencing some hardware problems.
TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TrooperManaic

its the only game I have a problem with

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58450 Posts

It is a sad, but true, fact that every single game cannot run on every single rig.

There are just so many variations of hardware, so many drivers released at different times and for different reasons, that there is going to be a small percentage of the population that just gets the shaft.

Its not criminal, it is not even morally wrong...its just unfortunate.

My deepest sympathies to you, Crysis is an excellent game imo, but you just gotta bite the bullet on this one. It has happened to me a few times in the past. Ideally you take it back to where you bought it and return for store credit

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

If its just multiplayer... then I don't see the big deal.

TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TrooperManaic

Actually this is supposably happening to ALLOT of people. If you type crysis windows 7 in the google search bar almost every single link is someone who has problems.

TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TrooperManaic

If its just multiplayer... then I don't see the big deal.

JangoWuzHere

Do you own Left 4 dead? How would you like to play that game without multiplayer? Thats how I view this problem. BTW I like the Crysis multiplayer thats why I bought this game.

ravenguard90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 ravenguard90
Member since 2005 • 3064 Posts

Do you own Left 4 dead? How would you like to play that game without multiplayer?

TrooperManaic

I do it all the time, and I'm having a blast nonetheless :P Back on topic though, it does seem unfortunate that you can't get it to work. I guess I should count myself lucky that it does on mine.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

Actually this is supposably happening to ALLOT of people. If you type crysis windows 7 in the google search bar almost every single link is someone who has problems.

TrooperManaic
mine works fine on win 7 64-bit.
TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TrooperManaic

[QUOTE="TrooperManaic"]

ferret-gamer

im glad to see some people can actually run the game but I belive it to be a major issue for most people who have windows 7. This supports my claim, I went to crytek forums and withing the first 5 pages here is all the people who are having similar issues http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/546587.pagehttp://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/536683.pagehttp://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/530260.pagehttp://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/498367.pagehttp://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/505888.pagehttp://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/501637.pagehttp://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/497347.pagehttp://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/497761.pagehttp://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/473426.page

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
Works fine for too. Almost nobody plays the multiplayer so I don't see the big deal.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"][QUOTE="TrooperManaic"]

TrooperManaic

im glad to see some people can actually run the game but I belive it to be a major issue for most people who have windows 7. This supports my claim, I went to crytek forums and withing the first 5 pages here is all the people who are having similar issues

not sure why do you have the steam version?

TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TrooperManaic

no sadly I bought the game when it first came out and they didnt have it on steam back then so I have the CD.

PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 PublicNuisance
Member since 2009 • 4582 Posts

Well after about 3 months of fighting with these people, AFTER all the agervation and all the so called customer support they been trying to give me. Their anwser to me is that they cannot help me and I should buy another Crysis.

NOW heres my problem "and everyone else who owns Windows 7 64bit" we cannot play this game via multiplayer because it just stops working. Crashes after 5 or so mins also useing the graphics settings crashes the game.

I feel so cheated out of my money because they already said they wont be releasing another patch so what now im stuck with a game I cant play. I paid FULL PRICE for this game when it came out. I will NEVER support them EVER again no matter how good their game is and I want everyone else to know how they treat their customers.

TrooperManaic

Couldn't you dual boot with XP or Vista ?

dos4gw82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dos4gw82
Member since 2006 • 1896 Posts

im glad to see some people can actually run the game but I belive it to be a major issue for most people who have windows 7. This supports my claim, I went to crytek forums and withing the first 5 pages here is all the people who are having similar issues

TrooperManaic

That's hardly an epidemic. Sorry that you're having trouble, but it's clear that your case isn't typical.

KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts

If you have windows 7 ulti you could emulate XP with Mirco$ofts program...

Montaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Montaya
Member since 2005 • 4269 Posts

Wont even work in compatibility mode? You can always set up another partition with a 32bit OS and play it that way.

ventnor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ventnor
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

Crysis Multiplayer? Belive me, your not missing anything, it's awful. Besides the game was released before Win 7, you can't be 100% safe then.

PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PublicNuisance

KalDurenik

From what a Microsoft rep told me compatibility mode doesn't work with 3D programs like games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d98e9b222525
deactivated-5d98e9b222525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5d98e9b222525
Member since 2008 • 162 Posts

Just tried my Steam version and it works fine. Win7 Home Premium.

snared04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#21 snared04
Member since 2009 • 455 Posts

Not that I think that every developer can be responsible for every possible hardware combination in existence but...

Crysis is, and has been pretty notorious for it's horrible hardware interaction. Every time I upgrade my computer it's always a "luck o' the draw" as to how Crysis will react to the new hardware. Two upgrades ago it crashed every time it autosaved, and the world froze any time I used the assault scope.

This upgrade my FPS seems to have dropped dramatically and inexplicably, seeing as how no other game reacts in such a way. But yeah, /golfclap Crytek.

KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts

[QUOTE="KalDurenik"]

PublicNuisance

From what a Microsoft rep told me compatibility mode doesn't work with 3D programs like games.

strange it works for me O.o but then again it might only work for some games...

oh also i meant the emulate XP program. Not the "check box"

PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PublicNuisance

[QUOTE="PublicNuisance"]

[QUOTE="KalDurenik"]

KalDurenik

strange it works for me O.o but then again it might only work for some games...

Or you actually tried it where the rep might have been talking out his rear which is very possible. I hate reps. So it does work ? This is good news.

stoutlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 stoutlad
Member since 2005 • 717 Posts
And here I thought this thread was going to be something I cared about ... Honestly, if you are complaining about Crysis multiplayer, you aren't missing anything. It is largely a single player experience. I don't know anyone who bought Crysis for multiplayer. Try to contain the e-rage. Being civil makes your complaint more readable and doesn't immediately destroy any sympathy I might have.
lucfonzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lucfonzy
Member since 2008 • 1835 Posts

Works fine for too. Almost nobody plays the multiplayer so I don't see the big deal.KHAndAnime

I really can't understand how Crysis Wars didn't take off. It thought it was brilliant. It felt really fresh to me and was really exciting.

Cdscottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 Cdscottie
Member since 2004 • 1872 Posts

TrooperManaic
I don't know if it matters but I've been playing MW: Living Legends with no issue on my 64Bit Windows 7 machine. Haven't tried the non-modded Crysis though.
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
You know, Windows 7 came out like 2 years after Crysis...couple that with the fact it's obviously not a problem for everyone with Win7. Yeah it sucks, but acting like they did something that should be illegal is really silly.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts

[QUOTE="KalDurenik"]

PublicNuisance

And you assumed that a Microsoft customer service rep would know what they're talking about? It works fine.
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

[QUOTE="PublicNuisance"]

[QUOTE="KalDurenik"]

ChiliDragon

And you assumed that a Microsoft customer service rep would know what they're talking about? It works fine.

Because the rep is right. It doesn't work. But its a miscommunication here.

XP compatiblity mode works on games. Windows 7's XP Mode (which is very, very different than its compatibility mode) does not work on 3D games at all. The XP Mode has no 3D driver support at all.

jehuty12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jehuty12
Member since 2005 • 409 Posts

TC if you have AVG antivirus turn it off or get rid of it. The patched version of Crysis will not run with AVG on at all. Same thing happened to me, so I uninstalled AVG and boom everything worked fine.

warmaster670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 warmaster670
Member since 2004 • 4699 Posts

"Supported OS:Windows XP or Windows Vista***"

Read the system reqs next time, if it doesnt work on win7 guess you should be more careful

You know whats sickening and should be illegal? people raging at others for there own mistakes.

STAR_Admiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 STAR_Admiral
Member since 2006 • 1119 Posts

Minimum System Requirements

• OS – Windows XP or Windows Vista
  • Processor – Single core 2.8 GHz or faster (XP) or 3.2 GHz or faster* (Vista)
  • Memory – 1.0 GB RAM (XP) or 1.5 GB RAM (Vista)
  • Video Card –256 MB**
  • Hard Drive – 12GB
  • Sound Card – DirectX 9.0c compatible

Sorry but Crytek is not in the wrong. They never stated the game would work on Windows 7. The requirements clearly state XP or vista. just install your old Vista or XP. Dual boot.

stylaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 stylaz
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

i dont under stand mine works perfectly and i have played with friends loads of times i keep seeing threads about people having problems withWin7 with games that i own myself but mine all work fine . i must just be lucky

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 XaosII

• Video Card –256 MB**
  • Hard Drive – 12GB

Sorry but Crytek is not in the wrong. They never stated the game would work on Windows 7. The requirements clearly state XP or vista. just install your old Vista or XP. Dual boot.

STAR_Admiral

I dont think thats really a valid argument. The game came out well before Windows 7 and i do believe that theres reasonable expectations that it should work in Windows 7. This isnt a 10 year old game.

warmaster670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 warmaster670
Member since 2004 • 4699 Posts

[QUOTE="STAR_Admiral"]

• Video Card –256 MB**
  • Hard Drive – 12GB

XaosII

I dont think thats really a valid argument. The game came out well before Windows 7 and i do believe that theres reasonable expectations that it should work in Windows 7. This isnt a 10 year old game.

Expecting something doesnt make it true, the game doesnt officially support win7, so if you have win7 and buy the game and it doesnt work well guess what? no ones fault but your own.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts

Crysis was released years before windows 7 and does not officially support it. I see nothing wrong here to be honest.. You cant expect companies to future proof their games against tech that doesnt even exist.. thats totally unreasonable.

STAR_Admiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 STAR_Admiral
Member since 2006 • 1119 Posts

[QUOTE="STAR_Admiral"]

• Video Card –256 MB**
  • Hard Drive – 12GB

XaosII

Forward compatibility is never guaranteed, I myself had games that did not work on Vista but worked on XP back when Vista was young. The fact is calling Crytek criminals for something they did not state is unjustified.
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 XaosII

[QUOTE="XaosII"]

[QUOTE="STAR_Admiral"]

• Video Card –256 MB**
  • Hard Drive – 12GB

STAR_Admiral

Forward compatibility is never guaranteed, I myself had games that did not work on Vista but worked on XP back when Vista was young. The fact is calling Crytek criminals for something they did not state is unjustified.

No they aren't criminals for it.... But that doesnt change how its reasonable to expect it to work, especially considering theres relatively little difference from Vista for the purposes of games.

Its akin to getting tires for a car. No, tires dont claim forward compatibility, but using tires for a 2010 make of the same 2009 model, and theres reasonable expectations that it should fit.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bonafidetk

[QUOTE="STAR_Admiral"][QUOTE="XaosII"]

XaosII

No they aren't criminals for it.... But that doesnt change how its reasonable to expect it to work, especially considering theres relatively little difference from Vista for the purposes of games.

Its akin to getting tires for a car. No, tires dont claim forward compatibility, but using tires for a 2010 make of the same 2009 model, and theres reasonable expectations that it should fit.

comparing apples and oranges... An OS is not a car...

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 XaosII

bonafidetk

Really? An OS is not a car? Did you come up with that realization all by yourself?

Cdscottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 Cdscottie
Member since 2004 • 1872 Posts

[QUOTE="bonafidetk"]

XaosII

Really? An OS is not a car? Did you come up with that realization all by yourself?

Here at my workplace, we had several Vista computer mixed in with XP machines and they all ran our accounting package fine. Got some new systems in with Windows 7 32bit/64bit and low and behold our accounting package would crap out when trying to run certain reports/run certain modules. Spoke with the software developer about it and they stated "We don't officially support Windows 7 at this current moment. It may work but we cannot support it until we do enough in house testing and get all components working correctly". Did I go on a tirade about how it should be illegal or that they deceived me? Nope, it's progression of technology and some things will work and some will have issues, you either find a work around or you don't let it bother you.
Rickylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Rickylee
Member since 2002 • 1342 Posts

[QUOTE="bonafidetk"]

XaosII

It's a poor analogy, don't get mad just cause he challenges you on it.

The TC also quoted several forum posts but you rarely read posts that are not complaints, it's the greased wheel thing.

Lastly, Ican't play the game past the 4th level because of a but that won't let me advance. I don't know why.Also The vehicals have no rear tires. Maybe this is Crytek fault but I don't think they should go out of business. And maybe I'll start a new game sometime to see if it makes a difference. All I'm sayin' is it aint the end of the world lighten up.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts

i dont under stand mine works perfectly and i have played with friends loads of times i keep seeing threads about people having problems withWin7 with games that i own myself but mine all work fine . i must just be lucky

stylaz
Or you already had DirectX 9 installed. Win7 doesn't come with DirectX 9, and games made for Xp and/or Vista sometimes have issues working with the later DirectX versions.
Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

While I sympathize with your situation because you did shell out money for a game, I think you're missing the most important point in this particular issue. Crysis was released way before Windows 7. The game's system requirements clearly state that it requires XP or Vista to work properly. So the unfortunate truth is that you really don't have room to be upset with Crytek about that. Be upset at yourself for trying to run a game on an Operating System that it wasn't even designed to work with.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 bonafidetk

[QUOTE="bonafidetk"]

XaosII

dont get mad because I questioned your stupid analogy.

coolmonkeykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 coolmonkeykid
Member since 2004 • 3276 Posts
Consider yourself lucky, the crysis multi player is awful.
General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts
Well your problem was trying to play the first Crysis' multiplayer.
-Origin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48 -Origin-
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts

It is a sad, but true, fact that every single game cannot run on every single rig.

There are just so many variations of hardware, so many drivers released at different times and for different reasons, that there is going to be a small percentage of the population that just gets the shaft.

Its not criminal, it is not even morally wrong...its just unfortunate.

My deepest sympathies to you, Crysis is an excellent game imo, but you just gotta bite the bullet on this one. It has happened to me a few times in the past. Ideally you take it back to where you bought it and return for store credit

mrbojangles25

This. We live in a inperfect world, deal with it.

WiiRocks66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 WiiRocks66
Member since 2007 • 3488 Posts

TrooperManaic
I have no problems with Crysis, singleplayer or multiplayer, on this computer which has 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium, Maybe it is a hardware issue?
Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

TrooperManaic

You must run the client under 32 bit/Direct X 9 mode. Punkbuster is not compatible with Crysis mp and Crysis Wars if the game runs in 64 bits (Punkbuster lacks 64 bit support).

Another solution could be to upgrade your SO to Windows XP (not joking, i have both XP and W7 Ultimate 64 in two different ant capable rigs and I'm still wondering why I waste 320 € in the W7).