Things you wish most from Elder Scroll V?

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

#1 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts

There will definitely be a Elder Scrolls V probably in another three years from now.  Im sure there are a few elder scrolls fans here who loved morrowind then went to oblivion with some discuss.  What are you expecting most from Elder Scrolls V when that finally comes out?

For me I really want the argonians and khajit to be made similiar to that of morrowind.  I was fairly disappointed when I heard the argonians and khajit would have similiar qualities to all other races for Oblivion.  The beauty morrowind gave us was true sense of RPG.  Ever single races in morrowind had their pros and cons and the player decided what races they wanted to be excepting the pros and cons.  I hope for Elder Scrolls V the developers will change argonians and khajit back to something similar to morrowind had.

zeeinc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 zeeinc
Member since 2004 • 163 Posts
I would like the old travel system to return as that in morrowind, that made the game more RPG type and gave it a real world type feeling, and they should also fix the fact that as you level up the creatures also level up, it should be more like there are restricted places people can only go if they have a certain level.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19592 Posts
  • Content. A crapload of content. I don't want to finish the game in less than 100 hours.
  • The reintroduction of skills, especially those found in Arena/Daggerfall.
  • High level areas and hidden loot.
  • Interesting quests.
  • A decent storyline.
Avatar image for deactivated-60a3c754d0a16
deactivated-60a3c754d0a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 deactivated-60a3c754d0a16
Member since 2002 • 9782 Posts

No... mob... auto-leveling! This feature totally ruined the longevity of Oblivion for me. I love wandering into an interesting area and getting chased out by mobs that are so much more powerful than me, only to come back at a later date, kill those same mobs, and then explore the new area that I've earned the right to explore.

Other things I'd like to see include more diversity in races, classes, weapons and armor and more enticing reasons to play a thief.

bachilders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 bachilders
Member since 2005 • 1430 Posts
I want more than 1 storyline, preferably 2 good and 2 evil, maybe like 4 groups vying for power over a territory and you decide between 2 evil demonic factions and 2 groups of the usual races
luke159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 luke159
Member since 2004 • 90 Posts

Mmmm lets se... aahw crap, who am I kidding!? I want Dragons!! I mean, riding a horse is great and all, but flying... thats just amazing, and, i agree with the 100+ hour game... I loved that you could get a bit of medieval gta-like gameplay in oblivion, maybe go a little bit deeper on that, and clearly change the leveling system, I dont need my enemies to grow stronger, i just need myself to do it, mmmm now, I know this is a bit too ambitius, but, maybe a multiplayer mode? like... arena on internet, that would bee good too... (i know this sounds stupid, but...) bigger enemies!!!! I dont feel good attacking things that most time are just my size... I mean, I need danger and exitement damn it!!... and... thats it 

(phew!)

Berzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Berzz
Member since 2004 • 14360 Posts
Improved A.I., more loot, spares, fighting while mounted, lots and lots of more quests. And also the return of the old travel system as it was mentioned before.
Xraydon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Xraydon
Member since 2005 • 1227 Posts
no scaled loot!!
txbitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 txbitt
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I definately think there should be a lot more NPCs on the screen at one time. I think if you are in a city there should be hundreds of people milling about, not five or six. Also there needs to be 10x more voice actors. Maybe this way I won't be bored with the game after 25 hours.
Xraydon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Xraydon
Member since 2005 • 1227 Posts
I definately think there should be a lot more NPCs on the screen at one time. I think if you are in a city there should be hundreds of people milling about, not five or six. Also there needs to be 10x more voice actors. Maybe this way I won't be bored with the game after 25 hours.txbitt
but can your computer handle 100's of NPC's on the screen lol
zayl99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 zayl99
Member since 2007 • 614 Posts
Even though the combat system was upgraded for Oblivion, I would like to see it upgraded even further to something like Dark Messiah. I would like the auto-level system taken out. If implemented well, a coop mode. Variances in the dungeons you can go into.
jogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 jogert
Member since 2004 • 420 Posts

- more types of armour/weapons

- very deep story line(preferably a story line that deals with revival of the empire, since there is no emperor, there has to be some sort of trouble)

- 2 new races....or more

- a lot more terriory to explore, and also the terrain varies so it's not all pretty forests

- cities that arn't randomly located, like morrowind, you just walk into them.

- more guilds and factions to get into.

Tequila_Zaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Tequila_Zaire
Member since 2002 • 16961 Posts

One thing and one thing alone...for it not to suck like Oblivion. :P

jmanw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 jmanw
Member since 2006 • 298 Posts
I want its landmass to be all of the contentit.  Which is like 100000 times bigger  than oblivion.
Aspyred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Aspyred
Member since 2006 • 256 Posts
I definately think there should be a lot more NPCs on the screen at one time. I think if you are in a city there should be hundreds of people milling about, not five or six. Also there needs to be 10x more voice actors. Maybe this way I won't be bored with the game after 25 hours.txbitt

Yeah, I definitely agree with that. The Arena was kind of pitiful with all of 12 people inside. I don't care if they are 2D carveouts, I want to see some more intensity than what was shown. And as with the point made with more voice actors (of which I wholeheatedly agree), more MUSIC. I wanna hear crazy, bombastic Jeremy Soules music comin' outta the yingyang (I don't know what I just said).

And of course, people like to feel a sense of achievement.  One only needs to take a gander at Xbox Live Achievement Points to know that much.  No scaling please.

That said, Oblivion is an incredible game in and of itself, and I eagerly await Shivering Isles and the next game in the series.
ryan_frenchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ryan_frenchie
Member since 2006 • 39 Posts
Make the world intresting... I felt that one i had visited a cave or gone to those ruins, that i had seent them all. They were all identical! I jus felt like Oblivion was a borring world to explore, there was never that thrill at finding some realy cool environments! Oh and leveled enemies was just stupid!
Aspyred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Aspyred
Member since 2006 • 256 Posts
Make the world intresting... I felt that one i had visited a cave or gone to those ruins, that i had seent them all. They were all identical! I jus felt like Oblivion was a borring world to explore, there was never that thrill at finding some realy cool environments! Oh and leveled enemies was just stupid!ryan_frenchie

Absolutely. Diversifying the forts should definitely be on the list. Though I love the vast, dare I say, inexhaustible amount of ruins you could always dungeon-crawl through between your quests, please make them different from one another. No one is saying they *have* to be some dingy dungeon or cave. Maybe, they're some lost city underneath with actual vegetation...or something.
drnick7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 drnick7
Member since 2004 • 995 Posts
  • Content. A crapload of content. I don't want to finish the game in less than 100 hours.
  • Interesting quests.
  • A decent storyline.
Planeforger

What he said.

Oh, and no level scaling.
*Parrotman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 *Parrotman
Member since 2005 • 521 Posts
And the most important thing (for me): Not another SellOut title that's dumbed down.
calvinphoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 calvinphoon
Member since 2006 • 26 Posts

I wish for our characters to look pretty/handsome/beautiful....

Mine just made me want to put a hood over his face....

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts
-more than 2 voice actors. -quests that actually reward you with "rewards" rather than crap. -a longer main story. -new skills, especially magic. I'm so sick of the overused fireball, shock, frost stuff it's not even funny.
Avatar image for Taxpaying_Acorn
Taxpaying_Acorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 Taxpaying_Acorn
Member since 2004 • 4952 Posts
A seamless world. It annoyed me to no end having those constant little loading times.
Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#23 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts

Another thing I would like to add.  I would like to see more fantasy monsters in the game.  Fighting bears, cougars, and wolves make it seem a little less fantasy.  Morrowind didnt have any RL creatures.

zxvb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 zxvb
Member since 2007 • 633 Posts

Mmmm lets se... aahw crap, who am I kidding!? I want Dragons!! I mean, riding a horse is great and all, but flying... thats just amazing, and, i agree with the 100+ hour game... I loved that you could get a bit of medieval gta-like gameplay in oblivion, maybe go a little bit deeper on that, and clearly change the leveling system, I dont need my enemies to grow stronger, i just need myself to do it, mmmm now, I know this is a bit too ambitius, but, maybe a multiplayer mode? like... arena on internet, that would bee good too... (i know this sounds stupid, but...) bigger enemies!!!! I dont feel good attacking things that most time are just my size... I mean, I need danger and exitement damn it!!... and... thats it 

(phew!)

luke159
About multiplayer, there is a mod that is being developed for obllivion...
zxvb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 zxvb

(phew!)

luke159
zxvb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 zxvb

(phew!)

luke159
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
More NPCs More voices (voices were re-used in Oblivion) No more re-used areas (I don't want to visit the same cave 5 times) More to do
Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lilac_Benjie
Member since 2006 • 12287 Posts
The exact opposite of monster and loot leveling.
No random locations, repeated maps, or auto travel.
A better storyline than Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind and Oblivion. Something as good as Planescape: Torment.
The1stFishBone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 The1stFishBone
Member since 2002 • 452 Posts
good call on flying the game could handle it. i agree with having some huge enimies.
blue_sparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 blue_sparks
Member since 2006 • 205 Posts
huge enemies flying horseback/flying combat no more stupid system where enemies and loot level with you. no more graphics where a bush materializes ten feet in front of you
darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 darklord888
Member since 2004 • 8382 Posts
  • Interesting quests.
  • A decent storyline.
Planeforger

Hell yes. More Morrowind, less Oblivion please. I didn't finish morrowinf in 6 months, I fully completed oblivion in 80 hours and random dungeons without hidden loot or high level areas = pointless and ****.
shakery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 shakery
Member since 2004 • 952 Posts
It sounds like everyone just wants a graphical update to Morrowind. I agree though. I was disappointed with Oblivion, and never ended up finishing it. All I want is that if they're going to port it over, make the one for the console the dumbed down one, not both versions.
coblexkitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 coblexkitten
Member since 2006 • 210 Posts
A new damn dev team, so they can build an engine that actually runs well without needing hardware that dones't come out for another 6-12 months.
X-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 X-7
Member since 2006 • 1934 Posts

Don't do Morrowind skills. Keep those as is. Bring spears back! And make modding for guns easier. Man, I have wanted to shoot zombies with a shotgun for a long time. But, don't put them in the game.(The guns) Large scale plague that infests the whole planet. The plague turns the body undead or demonic. So, you have to protect villages and find the source and defeat it to rid the world of the curse. I want at least one city of undead and vampires, that respawn of course. Have Dead rising number of enemies in large scale battles. Have a type of Orc that is hostile and attacks everyone, including the normal Orcs, and they equip weapons and armor and attack in warbands that constantly roam around. I want Lord of The Rings meets Dead Rising, Zelda, and DOOM. Pretty much make it really creepy in places and have a alot of enemies. Have large dungeons with boss-like enemies, and a quest item needed to end the plague.

Alright, so it would have to be a whole new game. But, bethesda should make it. :D

The1stFishBone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 The1stFishBone
There are a lot of thing i would have done differently. As great as the game is. First the A.I needs tons of work. my soul battle tactic is get on top of a rock and shoot whatever is walking in to a wall just bellow me. Instead of having one to four enemies with tons of hit points on screen how about 30 enemies with only a few hit points. Thats much more entertaining. Location based damage you should be able to get head-shot while arching. The leveling system was difficult to understand at first. It makes no sense. In order to have the best possible character your goal is to level as rarely as possible. You should be able to change your skill set when you level up. Very Early in the game you are forced to make that decision. At that point you don't know what you want. The environments need more variety. There is no desert region in the game that would have been nice. The enemies need to have a larger variety in size. Bosses should be 20 feet tall. A lot need to be done with ranged weapons. Only having a bow is weak. a primitive musket and crossbow would be welcome additions. And advanced archer should be able to fire faster. BOWS NEED TO DO MORE DAMAGE PER HIT. HITTING SOMETHING 50 TIMES WITH YOUR BOW IS NOT FUN. Also More outdoor combat is needed. The dungeons are repetitive. Some more urban combat would be most welcome.
X-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 X-7

There are a lot of thing i would have done differently. As great as the game is. First the A.I needs tons of work. my soul battle tactic is get on top of a rock and shoot whatever is walking in to a wall just bellow me. Instead of having one to four enemies with tons of hit points on screen how about 30 enemies with only a few hit points. Thats much more entertaining. Location based damage you should be able to get head-shot while arching. The leveling system was difficult to understand at first. It makes no sense. In order to have the best possible character your goal is to level as rarely as possible. You should be able to change your skill set when you level up. Very earlly in the game you are forced to make that desision. At that point you don't know what you want. The environments need more verriety. There is nore desert region in the game that would have been nice. The enimies need to have a larger veriety in size. Bosses should be 20 feet tall. Alot need to be done with ranged weappons. Only having a bow is weak. a primitive musket and crossbow whould be wellcome additions. And advanced archer should be able to fire faster. BOWS NEED TO DO MORE DAMAGE PER HIT. HITTING SOMETHING 50 TIMES WITH YOUR BOW IS NOT FUN.
The1stFishBone

Alright, he said what I meant, but a lot better.

RobertBowen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 RobertBowen
Member since 2003 • 4094 Posts
First of all, I have to say I enjoy playing Oblivion - using some of the mods available like Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul. If only the game had actually shipped out of the box like that, it would have been a far better experience from the outset. I know there are Oblivion haters out there, and people who don't even consider it to be an RPG, but I personally can see the vast amount of work that did go into the game, and there were some really interesting and thoughtful quests to undertake. So in terms of Elder Scrolls V, there are certainly things I would change from Oblivion: - level scaling. Playing OOO makes Oblivion so much better because there is more of an incentive to level up to reach areas that are initially too dangerous. The game feels a lot more challenging and engaging as a result, so level scaling should be ditched for ES5. - no more loading screens to enter buildings/caves. It starts to become tedious having to load a new area just to enter a building or a cave. Other games have managed to do away with this (like the Gothic series) so I think it's time to optimize the engine and have seamless transitions when entering buildings or other areas. Though I would say there is still the potential to retain the facility of loading other areas to provide continuity with the modding community, so that modders can still add new areas of exploration to the game world. - additional and improved animations. While I feel the animation in Oblivion is very good, there is still room for improvement. Things like specific animations for walking up and down stairs, for example, and improving the lip syncing, and that's quite apart from improving the number of combat moves. - higher res textures, particularly for distant terrain and close-ups of different materials. Parallax mapping etc., is all well and good, but there is a tendency to end up with blurred textures, or textures without enough detail. I like to see crisp detail. - better performance. One of the main issues I've had with Oblivion is with performance, so I feel the engine could potentially be optimized more for any further outings in the series. - cities that feel like cities - or no cities. The other problem with Oblivion is that the 'cities' actually feel more like villages or, at best, small towns. It would actually have been better to refer to the key locations as towns, and made the Imperial city much larger, perhaps to encompass the whole of City Isle. Indeed, if level loading were to be ditched, the buildings and layouts would have to be increased in size to match the interior proportions, and therefore require towns to take up more room anyway. Let's have a more seamless world to explore. - more voice actors. While the voice actors for Oblivion did a good job, it simply became very noticeable after a short time playing that many of the NPCs sported the same voices and comments. It would obviously be an enormous undertaking to not only increase the number of NPCs, but also the number of voices and range of comments, but it would help to improve the sense of immersion. There were also the obvious voice faults in Oblivion, like an old beggar talking like an old lady one moment, and like a sophisticated noble woman the next, but that is probably down to not catching everything during beta testing, and possibly not recording enough lines with one particular voice. - a different country to explore. It makes sense to me that each Elder Scrolls game takes place in a different country, and that trend should continue. I also agree with others that there should be a greater variety of terrain, perhaps including desert areas, although I think Oblivion did a pretty good job with variety, from grasslands to forests to icy peaks to the swamps on the way down to Leyawiin. That's not to mention the great coastal areas. - a longer main quest with more depth. While I enjoyed the main quest in Oblivion, it was quite short, and it started with too much urgency. You felt like you had to start on the main quest right away, when it would have been better to have a few more 'key' quests available from the very outset to take you in other directions. You get this sort of effect if you install the add ons for Oblivion, which open up new locations to explore when you 'inherit' a couple of places - how much better it would have been to include those in a better context as well, like finding a deed on one of the corpses in the tutorial dungeon, encountering a dying NPC who thrusts a bloodstained note into your hand, etc. - a PC-centric GUI/HUD for the PC version of the game. We don't need huge text and oversized icons and a restricted FOV (75 instead of the more traditional 90). - more quick slots - retain the excellent alchemy system. - improve the physics implementation. There were some screwy physics-based bugs in Oblivion, but more than that it would be good to see some physics-based puzzles in the next outing, like those in Half-Life 2. - a player body in first person view. It's past time that this should be standard for first person games, so when you look down you can see your body/feet. - breakable and movable chests/furniture. Breakable doors and windows. - improved horses and mounted combat. Those are the main things I would like to see in ES5. Maybe they should hire the guy who developed Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul and a few of the other modders out there, because they came up with some great alterations and additions to Oblivion that actually makes the game fun to play.
X-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 X-7

A seamless world. It annoyed me to no end having those constant little loading times.Taxpaying_Acorn

FFVII DOC loaded as you went. It would be hard to have it done in a large freeroaming game though.......

X-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 X-7

First of all, I have to say I enjoy playing Oblivion - using some of the mods available like Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul. If only the game had actually shipped out of the box like that, it would have been a far better experience from the outset. I know there are Oblivion haters out there, and people who don't even consider it to be an RPG, but I personally can see the vast amount of work that did go into the game, and there were some really interesting and thoughtful quests to undertake. So in terms of Elder Scrolls V, there are certainly things I would change from Oblivion: - level scaling. Playing OOO makes Oblivion so much better because there is more of an incentive to level up to reach areas that are initially too dangerous. The game feels a lot more challenging and engaging as a result, so level scaling should be ditched for ES5. - no more loading screens to enter buildings/caves. It starts to become tedious having to load a new area just to enter a building or a cave. Other games have managed to do away with this (like the Gothic series) so I think it's time to optimize the engine and have seamless transitions when entering buildings or other areas. Though I would say there is still the potential to retain the facility of loading other areas to provide continuity with the modding community, so that modders can still add new areas of exploration to the game world. - additional and improved animations. While I feel the animation in Oblivion is very good, there is still room for improvement. Things like specific animations for walking up and down stairs, for example, and improving the lip syncing, and that's quite apart from improving the number of combat moves. - higher res textures, particularly for distant terrain and close-ups of different materials. Parallax mapping etc., is all well and good, but there is a tendency to end up with blurred textures, or textures without enough detail. I like to see crisp detail. - better performance. One of the main issues I've had with Oblivion is with performance, so I feel the engine could potentially be optimized more for any further outings in the series. - cities that feel like cities - or no cities. The other problem with Oblivion is that the 'cities' actually feel more like villages or, at best, small towns. It would actually have been better to refer to the key locations as towns, and made the Imperial city much larger, perhaps to encompass the whole of City Isle. Indeed, if level loading were to be ditched, the buildings and layouts would have to be increased in size to match the interior proportions, and therefore require towns to take up more room anyway. Let's have a more seamless world to explore. - more voice actors. While the voice actors for Oblivion did a good job, it simply became very noticeable after a short time playing that many of the NPCs sported the same voices and comments. It would obviously be an enormous undertaking to not only increase the number of NPCs, but also the number of voices and range of comments, but it would help to improve the sense of immersion. There were also the obvious voice faults in Oblivion, like an old beggar talking like an old lady one moment, and like a sophisticated noble woman the next, but that is probably down to not catching everything during beta testing, and possibly not recording enough lines with one particular voice. - a different country to explore. It makes sense to me that each Elder Scrolls game takes place in a different country, and that trend should continue. I also agree with others that there should be a greater variety of terrain, perhaps including desert areas, although I think Oblivion did a pretty good job with variety, from grasslands to forests to icy peaks to the swamps on the way down to Leyawiin. That's not to mention the great coastal areas. - a longer main quest with more depth. While I enjoyed the main quest in Oblivion, it was quite short, and it started with too much urgency. You felt like you had to start on the main quest right away, when it would have been better to have a few more 'key' quests available from the very outset to take you in other directions. You get this sort of effect if you install the add ons for Oblivion, which open up new locations to explore when you 'inherit' a couple of places - how much better it would have been to include those in a better context as well, like finding a deed on one of the corpses in the tutorial dungeon, encountering a dying NPC who thrusts a bloodstained note into your hand, etc. - a PC-centric GUI/HUD for the PC version of the game. We don't need huge text and oversized icons and a restricted FOV (75 instead of the more traditional 90). - more quick slots - retain the excellent alchemy system. - improve the physics implementation. There were some screwy physics-based bugs in Oblivion, but more than that it would be good to see some physics-based puzzles in the next outing, like those in Half-Life 2. - a player body in first person view. It's past time that this should be standard for first person games, so when you look down you can see your body/feet. - breakable and movable chests/furniture. Breakable doors and windows. - improved horses and mounted combat. Those are the main things I would like to see in ES5. Maybe they should hire the guy who developed Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul and a few of the other modders out there, because they came up with some great alterations and additions to Oblivion that actually makes the game fun to play.RobertBowen

Amen to that. :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5c20477a5e387
deactivated-5c20477a5e387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5c20477a5e387
Member since 2003 • 4291 Posts
-get rid of that damn levelled enemies/loot system
-world should be HUGE like daggerfall(i dont even mind that much if it had a lot of generic towns and characters)
-better NPC AI
-more open ended quests(there should be more than one way to finish most quests)
-ships(i wanna be able to commandeer my own ship, have a crew, explore various islands, engage in naval combat etc.)
-better story
The1stFishBone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 The1stFishBone
One more thing MOUNTED COMBAT. Jousting a guy off his horse would be a blast. Not to mention arching. While riding around. Some flying mount would be great. The engine could have handled it easily. Why it was not put in is beyond me. Having a dragon and hitting enemies with fireballs from above would be fantastic.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c20477a5e387
deactivated-5c20477a5e387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5c20477a5e387
Member since 2003 • 4291 Posts
a few more things
-mounted combat as someone mentioned
-all quests should feel like "quests" in that they should be somwhat epic, lame courier missions are not quests
-jobs - they should be a simple, easy way of earning a bit of money. they could involve things like being a courier(delivering newspapers), a cook, blacksmith etc. Ofcourse they shouldn't be implemented in such a way that you HAVE to do the job like everyday or w/e. We should be able to go work whenever we like.
-fast travel should only be available to major cities
Crucifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Crucifier
Member since 2002 • 7195 Posts
  • Interesting quests.
  • A decent storyline.
Planeforger
this plus NO FAST TRAVEL AND COMPASS!.. also definitely no leveled creatures.  there needs to be some restriction on the game world as a beginner so you cant just look at all the pretty territory and dungeons at lv 1, that was retarded.
onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 onemic
Member since 2003 • 5616 Posts
hmmm...That it isn't shallow like oblivion, that it doesn't have a non existent story like oblivion, that it doesn't have fast travel like oblivion, that it doesn't have generic landscapes like oblivion and unique landscapes like morrowind, that it doesn't have repetitive oblivion gates and dungeons like oblivion. Basically I want TESV to be as far away from oblivion as possible and closer to previous TES games like morrowind, but knowing bethesda now they'll probably make it shallower than oblvion.(if that's even possible)
MangyForestCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MangyForestCat
Member since 2003 • 473 Posts
I would personally like the auto-leveling system gone, and to actually even out some races or change the gameplay in a way to make them actually viable to play... does anyone actually play Wood Elves? I mean I would love to go past level 10 as a Wood Elf (can you say worthless) and not be obliterated in most dungeons. Make Elder Scrolls V so that you don't have to be an Orc, Nord, or Redguard to fully enjoy the game without worrying about health all the time, or have intricate idiotic rituals you have to go through to prepare yourself for battle (making potions and casting spells to be able to survive normal enemies in normal dungeons) I would love Stealth to be fleshed out a little more, everyone that doesn't have an uber stat in Endurance to be able to explore freely without fearing for your life... I just don't want to have to Power Level to play anymore this is bull crap the races are not equally viable to play
dumbasskillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dumbasskillers
Member since 2005 • 95 Posts

More stuff for thiefs.

Mates to aid you in battle.

Maybe pets, like an eagle.

Some more stuff for thiefs.

AND I REALLY want the world to feel alive.

wolf8j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 wolf8j
Member since 2005 • 144 Posts
For me... as some have mentioned different level and strength monsters depending on where you are, that dont change as you grow. Also being able to see any type of item, except obviously it would be quite harder to find and retrieve a say daedric longsword over a steel mace (lol).
sangoanuta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49 sangoanuta
Member since 2005 • 1142 Posts

By the time they say the first thing about Elders Scroll V, GeForce 8900 will be out.

And by the time they release it, Nvidia will start talking about GeForce 9.

So, expect a lot.
Lots of NPCs, Storys, Weapons
And, of course, it will look good than ever.

LeeBuslett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LeeBuslett
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts
Guars and new more weird creatures