The choice of Brink...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SadExchange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 80

User Lists: 0

#1 SadExchange
Member since 2003 • 1866 Posts

I wanted to get other people's perspective on this title and how they'll think it'll turn out upon release? I realize it won't be out for a few weeks, but I'm still trying to figure out whether to get it for the pc or Xbox? I have a good enough pc to run it well, but wanted other's opinions on what they think the online longetivity will turn out to be as compared between the pc and Xbox? I know it's a steamworks game which will help, but as much I like the MP of the recent title Homefront, the online community (pc) is quite small for being a recent release and I wanted to make a more well rounded decision for Brink.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

Looks fun but the recommended system requirements are too high for a game like that... In no way should it need that kind of power especially in the cpu department...

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

Looks fun but the recommended system requirements are too high for a game like that... In no way should it need that kind of power especially in the cpu department...

Lach0121
I'd be willing to put money that those are what you'd need for 100% stable 60fps on max settings (makes plenty of sense for the genre)... no way that game can be that taxing.
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
I'm getting it for PC and a bunch of my friends are getting it for PC.
SadExchange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SadExchange

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

Inconsistancy

I'd be willing to put money that those are what you'd need for 100% stable 60fps on max settings (makes plenty of sense for the genre)... no way that game can be that taxing.

I think I'm in agreement for this, I believe those recommended are for a solid 60 FPS the entire time on 100% top quality graphics, but we'll see. I just wish there would be more talk about this game from the community. While there is some talk on the community boards, here, steam, and the official forums, it doesn't seem as pronounced for this game and I'm wondering why. Although it seems like a mirror of team fortress 2, that could definitely be a good thing right?

lucfonzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lucfonzy
Member since 2008 • 1835 Posts
Getting it for PC. I'm looking forward to this game, looks great. Loving the parkour influence in there.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lach0121

[QUOTE="Inconsistancy"][QUOTE="Lach0121"]

SadExchange

I think I'm in agreement for this, I believe those recommended are for a solid 60 FPS the entire time on 100% top quality graphics, but we'll see. I just wish there would be more talk about this game from the community. While there is some talk on the community boards, here, steam, and the official forums, it doesn't seem as pronounced for this game and I'm wondering why. Although it seems like a mirror of team fortress 2, that could definitely be a good thing right?

I would hope this be the case... But how often are those recommended settings on the back of these boxes, or posted requirements... Actually mean that.. I have found 0.. and I have been gaming for a long long long time... My phenom II x4 945, should easily be enough to max this game at 60fps, NO REASON IT SHOULDN'T ASIDE FROM CRAPPY DEVELOPMENT!

Now if this were to be the case (RECOMMENDED MEANING WHAT YOU NEED FOR MAX 60FPS), and this is literally one of the first times ever, then I am all for it, they need to be considerably more accurate in what they put in the system requirements and recommended as well....

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

It looks great, but I'll wait and see if it manages to build a community before I buy it.

Trinexxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Trinexxx
Member since 2008 • 883 Posts
I'm definitely getting it on the PC. Every Splash Damage game in the past has been the best on PC (ET: Quake Wars, Wolfenstein).
rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rhazzy
Member since 2009 • 1516 Posts

I wanted to get other people's perspective on this title and how they'll think it'll turn out upon release? I realize it won't be out for a few weeks, but I'm still trying to figure out whether to get it for the pc or Xbox? I have a good enough pc to run it well, but wanted other's opinions on what they think the online longetivity will turn out to be as compared between the pc and Xbox? I know it's a steamworks game which will help, but as much I like the MP of the recent title Homefront, the online community (pc) is quite small for being a recent release and I wanted to make a more well rounded decision for Brink.

SadExchange

I find ur question...a bit naive...giving the fact that the top 10 most played "online" games are on PC...i think top 20...or 50...or all games that have online capability's are played the most on pc(excluding console exclusive's)

SadExchange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SadExchange

[QUOTE="SadExchange"]

rhazzy

I find ur question...a bit naive...giving the fact that the top 10 most played "online" games are on PC...i think top 20...or 50...or all games that have online capability's are played the most on pc(excluding console exclusive's)

I understand your reasoning, however, I was just referencing my time with my purchase of Homefront on the pc, which I was really excited for and I believe that it has a really good MP component, which has been talked highly of in reviews, however, the pc online community is quite small for being a newer released as I stated earlier.

TruedUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TruedUp
Member since 2002 • 691 Posts

Im still on the fence with Brink and will wait for some of you fine posters to give your opinions before I buy. These are the same guys that did Quake Wars, are they not? Wasnt a fan of that so I will wait and see. Hopefully it turns out good though. And I would definitely get it on the PC, but I think that any shooter short of Halo (or anything similar in mechanics) should be on the PC. Bias, bro.

rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rhazzy

[QUOTE="rhazzy"]

[QUOTE="SadExchange"]

SadExchange

I understand your reasoning, however, I was just referencing my time with my purchase of Homefront on the pc, which I was really excited for and I believe that it has a really good MP component, which has been talked highly of in reviews, however, the pc online community is quite small for being a newer released as I stated earlier.

Fair enough...BUT,

First thing...In order to say about something,this "something" is small...in your case the pc community for Homefront...you need to make a comparison...in order to be "able" to say about the pc community of Homefront that is "small" u need to compare it with the xbox community of Homefront or PS3 community...

Second thing...When you buy games,dont listen to review sites...listen to the players who play that game...try to find out from the players who play the game if that certain game is gonna suit you etc...

P.S. Only here on this forum(not to talk about other sites) there a bunch of threads about Homefront,whit comments from the players who actually play the multiplayer...guess what?none of them are impressed by the multiplayer aspect of the game...so you could of draw ur conclusions about the game from them,before buying it...

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

I think this will be one of those games where its fun on a server where you play with the same people alot. Its nice to see a new fps based on fun and not cod cloning or realism.

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

I'm not impressed by what i seen, it may be alright i just don't know, there has just been to many meh shooters this year

SadExchange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SadExchange

[QUOTE="SadExchange"]

[QUOTE="rhazzy"]

rhazzy

Fair enough...BUT,

First thing...In order to say about something,this "something" is small...in your case the pc community for Homefront...you need to make a comparison...in order to be "able" to say about the pc community of Homefront that is "small" u need to compare it with the xbox community of Homefront or PS3 community...

Second thing...When you buy games,dont listen to review sites...listen to the players who play that game...try to find out from the players who play the game if that certain game is gonna suit you etc...

P.S. Only here on this forum(not to talk about other sites) there a bunch of threads about Homefront,whit comments from the players who actually play the multiplayer...guess what?none of them are impressed by the multiplayer aspect of the game...so you could of draw ur conclusions about the game from them,before buying it...

Don't want to argue over the internet, but if you're looking for facts in a forum on gamespot, you'll have to find someone with more care than I have to put forth on a gaming forum. I purchased Homefront at release after having it preordered. I know the steam stats show the online community to not have over 2000 players a day, which I'm assuming is less than the Xbox community, if you have facts, fine, show them and be done with it. I just stated that reviewers stated the MP was good, not that I trust everything our of their mouths, but I will say from experience, that I enjoyed the MP and thought it was fun. You'll find lovers and haters abound, that's just life on the internet. This is sidetracking what I was wanting to find out and that was people's opinion of the game itself and whether, from around the web, they supposed it would have a decent community on the pc. That's all, no need to blow it out of whack.

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts
I'm kinda hyped for the game, but there seem to be a lot of places where it can possibly go wrong. We'll see.
agpickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 agpickle
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts

Im planing on getting it on launch. Should be fun! :D

rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rhazzy

[QUOTE="rhazzy"]

[QUOTE="SadExchange"]

SadExchange

Fair enough...BUT,

Don't want to argue over the internet, but if you're looking for facts in a forum on gamespot, you'll have to find someone with more care than I have to put forth on a gaming forum. I purchased Homefront at release after having it preordered. I know the steam stats show the online community to not have over 2000 players a day, which I'm assuming is less than the Xbox community, if you have facts, fine, show them and be done with it. I just stated that reviewers stated the MP was good, not that I trust everything our of their mouths, but I will say from experience, that I enjoyed the MP and thought it was fun. You'll find lovers and haters abound, that's just life on the internet. This is sidetracking what I was wanting to find out and that was people's opinion of the game itself and whether, from around the web, they supposed it would have a decent community on the pc. That's all, no need to blow it out of whack.

Iam not blowing anything...

But to me you looked like a guy who felt down in a whole...and u where screaming for help...i didnt helped you to climb out of the whole...but i did learned you how to avoid further wholes...i gaved you some "tricks" how to jump the whole next time...

And for that you pick on me...nice...thats lesson learned for me...Dont try to give advice to people who needs it,they will trow dirt in ur face...nice.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

SadExchange
Looks like it will be fun for exactly 43 minutes and then get old fast....
shane_orija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shane_orija
Member since 2008 • 910 Posts
[QUOTE="SadExchange"]

FelipeInside

You haven't played any Splash Damage game have you. Wolfenstein ET is seven years old and still one of the top 3 most played online shooters on the pc. Both their games are played competitively. Not only is Splash Damage a pc-centric developer that was formed under the parentage of id software but also has made two of the most hardcore competitive fps games out there.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="SadExchange"]

shane_orija

You haven't played any Splash Damage game have you. Wolfenstein ET is seven years old and still one of the top 3 most played online shooters on the pc. Both their games are played competitively. Not only is Splash Damage a pc-centric developer that was formed under the parentage of id software but also has made two of the most hardcore competitive fps games out there.

Is that why there is so much hype? ahhhhhhhhh....
shane_orija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 shane_orija
If that was cynicism, you might want to try out Wolf:ET, which they released for free when Activision pulled the plug on it, or the demo for Quake Wars:ET.
SLUSHiNaToR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SLUSHiNaToR
Member since 2009 • 1366 Posts
[QUOTE="rhazzy"]

[QUOTE="SadExchange"]

[QUOTE="rhazzy"]

Fair enough...BUT,

Iam not blowing anything...

But to me you looked like a guy who felt down in a whole...and u where screaming for help...i didnt helped you to climb out of the whole...but i did learned you how to avoid further wholes...i gaved you some "tricks" how to jump the whole next time...

And for that you pick on me...nice...thats lesson learned for me...Dont try to give advice to people who needs it,they will trow dirt in ur face...nice.

I agree with Sad, you do seem to be freaking out a bit about what he said lol, you don't need to compare communities to determine whether or not a community is small or not.. lol. But anyway, I would wait until it releases and see how well it gets precieved. Thats what I'm gonna do :) Or at least see what people are saying about it and might get it on launch.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#25 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

My friend and I pre-ordered this game ages ago. It looks great! And the more I see of it, the more I think I made a good decision and it should be a fun game at launch.

The only thing is, though.. with all the customization, I would've taken a quarter of that if we could have had female models in the game. It just seems weird to me that women don't exist in this universe. I guess they're all off making babies instead of participating in the big fight.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lach0121

[QUOTE="SadExchange"]

FelipeInside

LOL I can't really say I agree or disagree, Haven't played it and it isn't even out...

But I will say that... is a pretty precise time there lol... Lets make it 43 minutes and 43 seconds (for it to really sink in) lol

No I hope the game will be great and that it is optimized ok, (hoping the recommended mean max stable 60fps)

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FelipeInside
If that was cynicism, you might want to try out Wolf:ET, which they released for free when Activision pulled the plug on it, or the demo for Quake Wars:ET.shane_orija
No, it wasn't cynicism. To me it looks boring, but I always wondered why it has so much hype and you answered the question :) Sorry if my message came out the wrong way.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58328 Posts

Brink looks good, but I am looking forward more to Firefall

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FelipeInside

Brink looks good, but I am looking forward more to Firefall

mrbojangles25
Yes, Firefall looks pretty good....
shane_orija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 shane_orija
[QUOTE="shane_orija"]If that was cynicism, you might want to try out Wolf:ET, which they released for free when Activision pulled the plug on it, or the demo for Quake Wars:ET.FelipeInside
No, it wasn't cynicism. To me it looks boring, but I always wondered why it has so much hype and you answered the question :) Sorry if my message came out the wrong way.

lol I think there isn't much hype for this game, it is barely talked about anywhere. For me though, this the game I had been waiting for all these years. It's ironic though, you know, there are people always decrying how every shooter tries to be CoD and when something new does turn up, they decry it for not being CoD.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
The main reason I would be buying Brink is for the multiplayer. I'm not expecting a worthwhile single-player here. The graphics in actual gameplay reminds me of a colorful Killzone 2. Not sure where to pin-point the gunplay. I just haven't seen enough of this game to make a decision yet. Most likely, I'll wait a few weeks or even months until I buy it depending on the reception it gets.
lucfonzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lucfonzy
Member since 2008 • 1835 Posts

Don't know if this has been posted.

Here's a 13 min (13:37 to be precise ;) ) of gameplay and interview.http://www.fpstime.com/2011/04/brink-13-minutes-of-gameplay-footage-new-screenshots/

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="shane_orija"]If that was cynicism, you might want to try out Wolf:ET, which they released for free when Activision pulled the plug on it, or the demo for Quake Wars:ET.shane_orija

lol I think there isn't much hype for this game, it is barely talked about anywhere. For me though, this the game I had been waiting for all these years. It's ironic though, you know, there are people always decrying how every shooter tries to be CoD and when something new does turn up, they decry it for not being CoD.

In my eyes there has been a lot of hype. I heard about Brink back a long time ago when a few screenshots came out. Personally I am not comparing it to CoD, you can tell it's trying to be different and have co-op in the middle of multiplayer. Maybe the setting is what puts me off...
Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mystic-G
Member since 2006 • 6462 Posts

"Recommended Specs

• Processor: Intel Quad Core i5"

If you need a Core i5 to max it out at a stable framerate, I won't be buying it. That would be completely ridiculous, there is nothing about that game that looks demanding on the CPU.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lach0121

"Recommended Specs

If you need a Core i5 to max it out at a stable framerate, I won't be buying it. That would be completely ridiculous, there is nothing about that game that looks demanding on the CPU.

Mystic-G

Exactly a phenom II quad should easily handle this game and then some...

Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Mystic-G
Member since 2006 • 6462 Posts

[QUOTE="Mystic-G"]

"Recommended Specs

Lach0121

I would expect a Athlon II x4 at the most. The suspect sys reqs make me wanna wait till after release to see the verdict on it. I'm not gonna blow $50 on a game that performs like ass.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Lach0121

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

[QUOTE="Mystic-G"]

"Recommended Specs

Mystic-G

I would expect a Athlon II x4 at the most. The suspect sys reqs make me wanna wait till after release to see the verdict on it. I'm not gonna blow $50 on a game that performs like ass.

I agree 100%.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="Mystic-G"]

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

Lach0121

I agree 100%.

I think it's just covering their asses.... it won't need that much.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Lach0121

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

[QUOTE="Mystic-G"]

FelipeInside

I agree 100%.

I think it's just covering their asses.... it won't need that much.

I hope this is the case! I really do...