TF2 Heavy Update - Update now Released!!

• 166 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#51 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
[QUOTE="Hewkii"][QUOTE="mracoon"]

Crock Block

mracoon

why do I have a feeling the Heavy is going to get something similar to the Pyro's update here...

I doubt it. It'll probably be stop a rocket with a punch.

I was thinking that you cause a soldier to kill himself by blocking his rocket.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 mracoon
Member since 2008 • 967 Posts
[QUOTE="mracoon"][QUOTE="Hewkii"][QUOTE="mracoon"]

Crock Block

Swiftstrike5

why do I have a feeling the Heavy is going to get something similar to the Pyro's update here...

I doubt it. It'll probably be stop a rocket with a punch.

I was thinking that you cause a soldier to kill himself by blocking his rocket.

That would actually be quite cool.

error11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#53 error11
Member since 2006 • 7163 Posts
Soooo. I hear the shotgun unlock is going to be a sandwich.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

Soooo. I hear the shotgun unlock is going to be a sandwich.error11

begs the question of what it would actually do, ie would it blind people, cause them to slip, etc.

cobb45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55 cobb45
Member since 2004 • 1179 Posts
the sandwich would buff you up the way a medic does, today they anounced a new payload map called badwater basin. (less choke points and more open space.)
RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

Heavy Update = Fresh Meat for spys. Can't wait for all those easy backstabs, maybe I'll try to break my current record. Of coarse, I guess if they see someone running around disguised as a pyro... they will probably shoot regardless. Darn... I hate updates.Swiftstrike5

That is true, however something else this means is that if a spy is running around backstabbing everyone, I, and other team-minded players like me, will switch from Medic (still havent gotten all my achievements and there will be heavies all over the place) to the Pyro. Then you will have to worry about a fully decked out Pyro with a backburner and an axtinguisher burning you up.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 mracoon

Updated for Thursday. New map called Badwater Basin. It's a Payload map focusing on more open spaces and less chokepoints. Unlike Gold Rush, where the track is split into three separate stages, Badwater Basin uses a single large stage with several checkpoints.

lizzardman666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 lizzardman666
Member since 2008 • 363 Posts

Spies are much more effective. Snipers still have to charge up, but a spy can just run down a line of heavies, no problem.

modai119

Um, dude...don't you know what a headshot is?

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Swiftstrike5
[QUOTE="modai119"]

Spies are much more effective. Snipers still have to charge up, but a spy can just run down a line of heavies, no problem.

lizzardman666

Um, dude...don't you know what a headshot is?

Um... Headshots don't 1 hit heavies unless it's fully charged. Spy can kill more heavies then a sniper in less time b/c he has to charge. 1v1, yeah the sniper is more effective, but if there's a large group of heavies, the spy is more effective.

Jamiemydearx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Jamiemydearx3
Member since 2008 • 4062 Posts
I wish they would just releash all the weapons for all of the classes..Im curious, I want to know what they'll will give the Spy and Sniper.
noswear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 noswear
Member since 2008 • 3263 Posts

I wish they would just releash all the weapons for all of the classes..Im curious, I want to know what they'll will give the Spy and Sniper.Jamiemydearx3

Engineer is even more of a mystery for me.

augustlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 augustlight
Member since 2008 • 400 Posts

[QUOTE="Jamiemydearx3"]I wish they would just releash all the weapons for all of the classes..Im curious, I want to know what they'll will give the Spy and Sniper.noswear

I can imagine a ton of things for the engineer. For instance, a sentry robot that you control remotely! Or a sentry gun that's more powerful but one that you have to 'get inside' and control yourself (like a stationary machine gun).

Xavier_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Xavier_12
Member since 2005 • 824 Posts

I wish they would just releash all the weapons for all of the classes..Im curious, I want to know what they'll will give the Spy and Sniper.Jamiemydearx3

I wonder if they will bring about the Feign Death from TFC for Spies?

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 mracoon
[QUOTE="noswear"]

[QUOTE="Jamiemydearx3"]I wish they would just releash all the weapons for all of the classes..Im curious, I want to know what they'll will give the Spy and Sniper.augustlight

I can imagine a ton of things for the engineer. For instance, a sentry robot that you control remotely! Or a sentry gun that's more powerful but one that you have to 'get inside' and control yourself (like a stationary machine gun).

A self controlled machine gun would be amazing but I doubt it would ever happen.

fatshodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 fatshodan
Member since 2008 • 2886 Posts
[QUOTE="augustlight"][QUOTE="noswear"]

[QUOTE="Jamiemydearx3"]I wish they would just releash all the weapons for all of the classes..Im curious, I want to know what they'll will give the Spy and Sniper.mracoon

A self controlled machine gun would be amazing but I doubt it would ever happen.

I agree. All of the current new weapons are just the old weapons with stat modifiers. A portable sentry would be ace (as well as an ammogun to replace the shotgun), but they would significantly change the way the engineer plays - and that's not in line with any of the existing upgrades.

Still, it would make the engineer more viable as an offensive cIass. They can be pretty damn boring when you're attacking.

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Swiftstrike5
Minigun that slows... sounds interesting. Reduced damage doesn't seem like it would do much except make the heavy less likely to kill someone at a range (but that's already low).
fatshodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 fatshodan

Minigun that slows... sounds interesting. Reduced damage doesn't seem like it would do much except make the heavy less likely to kill someone at a range (but that's already low). Swiftstrike5

I primarily play heavy, and I always duo with a medic friend. Although we obviously set out to kill as many people as possible and generally cause as much carnage as we can, we see our role as being the guys who take down sentries. That's what we do. A 25% damage cut has me cringing. Once I'm right up to the SG, a 25% cut will be meaningless, but even with the medic charging first, getting close to a sentry and having time to destroy it can be tough, especially when there's more than one. it all adds up, and that 25% less damage will make SG uber runs less efficient.

The quality of the Natascha just on paper seems quite clear, but for me personally, the Natascha is rarely going to be too useful.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 mracoon

I've updated the thread for Friday 15th. Firstly a new weapon has been revealed, I'll let you read the description from the site:

The Heavy's second unlockable, Natascha, slows enemies with her bullets. Anyone damaged by her will move slower for an instant, encouraging them to find cover or turn and face the Heavy, mano-a-tiny-itty-bitty-mano. Unfortunately, Natascha is slightly weaker than Sasha, so she takes longer to finish off a victim. As a result, Natascha's great against fleeing cowards, such as Scouts & Medics, and less great against anyone actively trying to kill her master. Heavies that like to jump around corners and surprise groups of startled enemy crybabies will also find her very useful, although they should look for a Sasha-wielding enemy Heavy before they leap. Secondly the requirements for the achievements have been shown:

Spyalectical Materialism:Kill or assist in killing 10 cloaked spies.

Permanent Revolution:Kill 5 enemies without spinning down your gun

Heavy Industry:Fire $200,000 worth of minigun rounds in a single life.

Communist Mani-Fisto:Kill an enemy with a critical punch.

Redistribution of Health:Heal 1000 damage with med-kits in a single life.

Rationing:Kill an enemy with your shotgun while you're out of minigun ammo.

Vanguard Party:Be the first on your team to start capturing a control point in a round.

Pushkin the Kart:Get 50 caps on payload maps.

Marxman:Kill 10 enemies in mid-air with the minigun.

Gorky Parked:Kill 25 enemies while you're standing on a control point you own.

Purge:Kill 15 enemies capturing a control point you own.

Lenin A Hand:Help 5 teammates get revenge on their nemeses.

Five Second Plan:Kill an enemy in the first 5 seconds after you exit a teleporter.

Photostroika:Provide an enemy with a freezecam shot of you taunting while invulnerable.

Konspicuous Konsumption:Eat 100 sandviches.

Don't Touch Sandvich:Kill 50 scouts using Natascha.

Borscht Belt:Kill 10 heavies with The K.G.B.

Iron Kurtain:Take 1000 points of damage in a single life.

Party Loyalty:Kill 50 enemies within 3 seconds of them attacking your Medic.

Division of Labor:Kill 20 enemies with a Medic assisting you, where neither of you die.

Red Oktoberfest:Earn a domination for a Medic who's healing you.

Show Trial:Kill an enemy with a taunt.

Crime and Punishment:Kill 10 enemies carrying your intelligence."

****Struggle:Work with a friendly Medic to kill an enemy Heavy & Medic pair.

Soviet Block :While invulnerable and on defense, block an invulnerable enemy Heavy's movement.

Stalin the Kart:Block the enemy from moving the payload cart 25 times.

Supreme Soviet:Get ubered 50 times.

Factory Worker:Kill 20 enemies while being recharged by a dispenser.

Soviet Union:Get 25 enemy kills where you either assist or are assisted by another Heavy.

Own the Means of Production:Remove 20 stickybombs by killing the Demomen who produced them

Krazy Ivan:Kill 100 enemies while both you and your victim are underwater.

Rasputin:In a single life, get shot, burned, bludgeoned, and receive explosive damage.

Icing on the Cake:Get 20 kills on players that you're dominating.

Crock Block:Survive a direct hit from a critical rocket.

Kollectivization:Get 1000 assists.

Kolossi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Kolossi
Member since 2007 • 789 Posts

Hmm, achievments which wont be earned right away... unless goes farming...

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 mracoon

I wonder what the new taunt is or is it an old taunt that now does damage.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Hewkii

Rasputin:In a single life, get shot, burned, bludgeoned, and receive explosive damage.

mracoon

oh, that's clever.

BlueBirdTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72 BlueBirdTS
Member since 2005 • 6403 Posts

Is the "sandvich" the item replacing the shotgun, or is this simply a joke (and a reference to the "meet the scout" video)???

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 mracoon

Is the "sandvich" the item replacing the shotgun, or is this simply a joke (and a reference to the "meet the scout" video)???

BlueBirdTS

That's what I was thinking.

fatshodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 fatshodan
[QUOTE="BlueBirdTS"]

mracoon

I assumed we would probably be getting a new taunt that has the heavy eating a sandwich. I don't really see a sandwich being a shotgun replacement.

Still, I suppose it's possible...

BlueBirdTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#75 BlueBirdTS
Member since 2005 • 6403 Posts
[QUOTE="mracoon"][QUOTE="BlueBirdTS"]

fatshodan

I assumed we would probably be getting a new taunt that has the heavy eating a sandwich. I don't really see a sandwich being a shotgun replacement.

:lol: Wow, I can be stupid at times. I never even considered that eating a "sandvich" could be a taunt. Seems like a pointless achievement if that's the case.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 mracoon
[QUOTE="fatshodan"][QUOTE="mracoon"][QUOTE="BlueBirdTS"]

BlueBirdTS

:lol: Wow, I can be stupid at times. I never even considered that eating a "sandvich" could be a taunt. Seems like a pointless achievement if that's the case.

That's why I thought it might be a new weapon because it would be too easy if it was taunt.

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Swiftstrike5
[QUOTE="BlueBirdTS"][QUOTE="fatshodan"][QUOTE="mracoon"][QUOTE="BlueBirdTS"]

mracoon

That's why I thought it might be a new weapon because it would be too easy if it was taunt.

A taunt that heals health lol... that would be interesting.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 mracoon
[QUOTE="mracoon"][QUOTE="BlueBirdTS"][QUOTE="fatshodan"][QUOTE="mracoon"][QUOTE="BlueBirdTS"]

Swiftstrike5

A taunt that heals health lol... that would be interesting.

Or it could make you temporarily stronger but you would move slower.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

I wonder what the new taunt is or is it an old taunt that now does damage.mracoon
Its probably the old taunt where he pretends to fire off a shot with his fingers. Just look at the picture..
mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 mracoon
[QUOTE="mracoon"]

I wonder what the new taunt is or is it an old taunt that now does damage.CommanderShiro

Its probably the old taunt where he pretends to fire off a shot with his fingers. Just look at the picture..

But how would it work? Would he fire a bullet from his fingers or would you just have to stand close to him.

LockeAteid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 LockeAteid
Member since 2005 • 1210 Posts
[QUOTE="CommanderShiro"][QUOTE="mracoon"]

I wonder what the new taunt is or is it an old taunt that now does damage.mracoon

But how would it work? Would he fire a bullet from his fingers or would you just have to stand close to him.

Probably the ladder, where you physically have to be touching the other character.

wackys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#82 wackys
Member since 2005 • 1315 Posts
Those achievements really look like a pain in the a$$ to me.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Hewkii

Those achievements really look like a pain in the a$$ to me.wackys

most of them seem easy enough as long as you have a medic, though the one titled Party Loyalty seems to be impossible to get.

JJ_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 JJ_1
Member since 2004 • 911 Posts
Wow, these look awsome! Can't wait to see the third weapon.
mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 mracoon
Todays new info should be up by now. I wonder what the delay is.
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Swiftstrike5

Todays new info should be up by now. I wonder what the delay is.mracoon

Everybody guessed what it is so now they have to change it.

L0000m35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 L0000m35
Member since 2008 • 132 Posts
yaya
JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#89 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts

Todays new info should be up by now. I wonder what the delay is.mracoon

Yeah, its getting later in the work day over in Seattle. Not sure why they haven't posted it yet.

Xavier_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Xavier_12
Member since 2005 • 824 Posts
What time will the update be out tomorrow. Afternoonish?
fatshodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 fatshodan

They just updated the page, it now says: 5. COMING MONDAY-ISH

Erk! I hope we don't have to wait much longer.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts

:lol: The site's been updated. "Coming Monday-ish." I literally laughed out loud at that.

EDIT - Damn it, man, you beat me by seconds!

fatshodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 fatshodan

Good to know I'm not the only person sitting around reloading the page every few seconds!

mysterylobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 mysterylobster
Member since 2004 • 1932 Posts

fatshodan

Valve is just ridiculous. Even when they set a timetable to release news updates, they get delayed,

Avatar image for Mythbuster4ever
Mythbuster4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Mythbuster4ever
Member since 2007 • 2846 Posts
[QUOTE="fatshodan"]

mysterylobster

Valve is just ridiculous. Even when they set a timetable to release news updates, they get delayed,

Valve Time

Hey, someone updated it with Monday-ish.

fatshodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 fatshodan

It's up, guys.

error11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 error11
Cool! Arena Mode!
error11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 error11

It's up, guys.

fatshodan

GAH! STOP beating everyone to EVERYTHING!

napp123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#99 napp123
Member since 2007 • 865 Posts
Arena mode?
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points