SWTOR Shuts off my External monitor.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for disgruntled-gam
disgruntled-gam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 disgruntled-gam
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
K so long story short my NoteBook plays SWTOR fine, but when I hooked up my external monitor to it it shut it off, but still played on the original monitor. So I went to screen resolution and made my external monitor my primary monitor, but it still shuts it off and I get a no single, no sound no nothing. No idea why. Can anyone how to get it to work on my external monitor or why it doesn't work on my external monitor? Edit: Because of this I also missed the opening cinematic anyone know how to rewatch it I looked for it in SWTOR program files, but to no avail.
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

The opening cinematic plays whenever you create a new character.

No idea how to fix your monitor problem. Try running other games to make sure it's not a general problem.

disgruntled-gam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 disgruntled-gam
No there is actually 3 cinematics 2 when you pick a side and one when you first start up the game which I missed most of.
masterdrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 masterdrat
Member since 2006 • 1075 Posts
No there is actually 3 cinematics 2 when you pick a side and one when you first start up the game which I missed most of.disgruntled-gam
I believe it's the same one that played as a teaser for months. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlFYKBTwlRY
disgruntled-gam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 disgruntled-gam
K found the problem I needed to change the ingame settings to 60hz instead of 85hz. Why something so little would cause such a big problem.........
Vlaimir_Lem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Vlaimir_Lem86
Member since 2006 • 439 Posts
The game is telling you that it isnt worth playing. seriously though, couldnt have a clue.
Vlaimir_Lem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Vlaimir_Lem86
Member since 2006 • 439 Posts
K found the problem I needed to change the ingame settings to 60hz instead of 85hz. Why something so little would cause such a big problem.........disgruntled-gam
refresh rates are kinda a big deal when it comes to monitors....
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
K found the problem I needed to change the ingame settings to 60hz instead of 85hz. Why something so little would cause such a big problem.........disgruntled-gam
I believe it was trying to produce 2 different refresh rates on each monitor, so the monitor turns off to avoid damage. Very common.