Supreme Commander Demo - my thoughts

This topic is locked from further discussion.

capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts

Just getting it to run on my plus 4 year old PC was a miracle so I can't really comment on the graphics. Anyway my biggest complaint is that the tier 1 defence towers are either too powerful or the tier 1 units are too weak. I was sending waves of at least 20 or 30 units and they were getting shredded by the base defences. Other than that it was alright.

DuaneDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 DuaneDog
Member since 2006 • 999 Posts

Just getting it to run on my plus 4 year old PC was a miracle so I can't really comment on the graphics. Anyway my biggest complaint is that the tier 1 defence towers are either too powerful or the tier 1 units are too weak. I was sending waves of at least 20 or 30 units and they were getting shredded by the base defences. Other than that it was alright.

capthavic
You need to use the light artillery (lobos I think are their nickname) I believe they can stay out of range of the towers. I've been playing it and think it could be great. My biggest issue is that with so much zoom range I have a hard time finding the right distance for me. It's just so big that it's a bit too large for my brain to wrap around it easily. Right now just playing with it in sort of a sandbox mode (easy setting skirmish) to figure out the unit types. Hope the AI gets 'smarter' in the harder levels as the commander for the AI keeps rushing my forward defenses to his death...hmmmmm
theGuY343419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 theGuY343419
Member since 2004 • 344 Posts
C&C kicks this game into the dust.  the classic formula cannot be beaten by some "big maps."
BeyondItAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BeyondItAll
Member since 2006 • 1739 Posts
CnC is complete crap and thats not what this thread is about you dam troll... EA makes nothing but crap RTS games and with how little time (12 months) they have been working on 3 it will be nothing more then a crappy reskn job :lol: besides this thread needs locked, theirs a floating thread for this games demo cap...
AlbertE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 AlbertE-
Member since 2007 • 300 Posts
C&C kicks this game into the dust. the classic formula cannot be beaten by some "big maps."theGuY343419
Apparently you didn't play C&C Generals and/or didn't play the supreme commander demo.  Almost nobody here will agree with you.
food4me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 food4me
Member since 2003 • 1185 Posts

CnC is complete crap and thats not what this thread is about you dam troll... EA makes nothing but crap RTS games and with how little time (12 months) they have been working on 3 it will be nothing more then a crappy reskn job :lol: besides this thread needs locked, theirs a floating thread for this games demo cap...BeyondItAll

Most of the C&C series was made by Westwood Studios before they were bought by EA in 1998.

BeyondItAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BeyondItAll
Member since 2006 • 1739 Posts
duh, but they are EA now, anyway thats off topic and this thread should be locked so just let it die, theirs already a floaty for this...
duhman02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 duhman02
Member since 2005 • 123 Posts
I think the AI in the demo is really pathetic. Even on hard he's a piece of cake.

All he ever does is build frigates, assault bots, and tonnes of defenses. He spams that all the way to tactical nukes. Even then he's still a piece of cake. (Tactical nukes? Don't make me laugh. Those things are like teeny tiny rockets.)

If you attack him with a few helicopters or 5 bombers, he'd start spamming air defenses like no tomorrow. So much so that practically his entire army will be composed of anti-air. It doesn't seem to change even if you change tactics and switch to sea based assaults or land based rushes.

Hopefully the AI in the real game will be more of a challenge.
Gun-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Gun-Unit
Member since 2003 • 9866 Posts
I got to play the demo alittle before i had to go to work,so far it runs good on my computer at full graphics.Seems good but the UI is a big turn off its too big,never missed with the opinions much only the video to turn the graphics up.I'll voice my opinion more after i play the demo more.
Gun-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Gun-Unit
Member since 2003 • 9866 Posts

[QUOTE="BeyondItAll"]CnC is complete crap and thats not what this thread is about you dam troll... EA makes nothing but crap RTS games and with how little time (12 months) they have been working on 3 it will be nothing more then a crappy reskn job :lol: besides this thread needs locked, theirs a floating thread for this games demo cap...food4me

Most of the C&C series was made by Westwood Studios before they were bought by EA in 1998.

Every C&C up too Red Alert 2,E: BFD,and Renegade was made by westwood.Honesty C&C3 will more and likely be better then Tiberian Sun,it wouldn't take EA much to do better then that as even Generals is better then Tiberian Sun gameplay wise,TS has probabley the best storyline in the whole series through.