Suggestions for a MMO

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Electr1c-Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Electr1c-Shot
Member since 2007 • 345 Posts

So me and a few friends are looking for a new MMO becauseI quitWoW and we need somethingwhile we wait for Star Wars The Old Republic. So far I've crossed EVE and APB off my list. I was thinking about Aion but I've heard the community is dieing off. So I was wondering what MMOs you guys would suggest?

P.S. If the game has a monthly fee I would prefer the game offers time cards so it doesnt require a credit card (though most games offer those now-a-days)

trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts
Try Warhammer Online or Age of Conan. You can also try Dungeons and Dragons Online or Lords of the Rings Online. As for Aion, don't bother, it's crap.
Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts

Best advice is to download free trials, or try free mmorpgs, until you find something you like.

I can't give any recommendations because you haven't said what you are looking for in a game.

MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts
Age of Conan has a well made trial first 20 levels are free(5-6 hours of gameplay) And if you like it the price tag is also nice $10 for the original and $25 for the original and the expansion the community is also nice and youll get to end game rather quickly since the whole every 4 days of paid subcription you get a free level.(has time cards) Lord of the rings online is going to be free soon Aion isnt fun unless you are a caster
coreybg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 coreybg
Member since 2009 • 2608 Posts

Just keep playing the SWG trial until SW:ToR comes out xD

I've played enough trials to try out all classes :D

About Aion, it plays a lot like wow and is boring.

BeyondPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BeyondPain
Member since 2008 • 762 Posts
Avoid Korean free MMOs in general if you don't like grinding. My only advice.
Electr1c-Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Electr1c-Shot
Member since 2007 • 345 Posts

Best advice is to download free trials, or try free mmorpgs, until you find something you like.

I can't give any recommendations because you haven't said what you are looking for in a game.

Falconoffury

Figured I would try out the Age of Conan, unfortunetly my download speed is horrible so its gonna take a while. And glad to hear LOTRO is gonna become free soon never felt that game was worth the money.

Also I'm looking for a game where you can get to end content fast, but it isn't required to play it all day and night to get the good gear. Also something that has a very good PvP system. And has a little more story based world than WoW is, and by that I mean not having to read a book of lore to understand why certain things are happening.

madmenno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 madmenno
Member since 2004 • 1528 Posts
If you like PVP you should get warhammer online. You won't have to do all those annoying quests all day long but just do PvP scenario's or the open world PvP where you have to defend and attack objectives. You can do PVP scenario's from lvl 1 and from lvl 10 you can do the open world PvP. Dunno why you have scrapped Eve from your list but imo thats the best mmorpg out there. Yes it's slow and it takes time to learn and get into, but once you have about 10M experience i guaranty you will keep playing it till you die. The pvp is massive and the economy is 99% player driven. You are totally free in your role, trader, fighter, pirate, carebear, logistics, scientist, miner, explorer, developer, etc. All player skills, ships and different weapons/modules you can equip makes up for endless combinations to surprise your enemies. The possibilities in this game are endless and i really suggest you try it for a couple of months. The community is really good too, everyone depends on eachother especially in a corporation (guild/clan) and often you get free ships and pvp training if you invest some time into the corporation yourself.
Conan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 Conan1985
Member since 2007 • 99 Posts

Heres my take

Age of Conan - Tortorage is awesome, was loads of bugs when i played and pvp was aweful but apparently they have overhauled it and fixed most of the major issues so might be worth a go.

Aion - Never played never will looks aweful IMO.

Starwars - Awesome in its day but community is dead. Dont bother these days

Everquest - Dead.

Warhammer - BORING, wheni played it was loads of questing to level which took ages, world pvp is terrible as its all in area's with no quests. So unlike Wow and Stranglethorn Vale for example when both sides level in the same area your seperated to quest and go to pvp area'. I thought it sucked and had very little community. Go figure.

lge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 lge777
Member since 2003 • 2507 Posts

Runes Of Magic...... F2P,Free download