Street Fighter IV PC Special moves, Combos.etc

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shock_the_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Shock_the_Rock
Member since 2006 • 143 Posts

Do you find hard performing special moves, super combos.etc with keyboard in SFIV?

These are the controller keys i am using. Pic Link

And I don't understand this

Ryu moves

Please help this noob. I want to know how to perform hadoken, shoryuken with Ryu or Ken character. :( :P

jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5467 Posts

Mate....

Get a controller or a Joystick i know its extra money but man its hell playing any fighter on a keyboard.

Go buy a second hand 360 controller and stick to using the joysticks on it. What that will cost you 20 / 15 Quid.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Mate....

Get a controller or a Joystick i know its extra money but man its hell playing any fighter on a keyboard.

Go buy a second hand 360 controller and stick to using the joysticks on it. What that will cost you 20 / 15 Quid.

jwsoul
Why? I've been playing fighting games since they began on PC with my keyboard and I can pull off combos, special moves, and kick most people's butt... It just what each person gets used to...
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Extremely easy, it's also faster than a controller.

Hadoken Metsu (in my case) is down right down right and you immediately press A+S+D at the same time, the others are the same, just less buttons.

Carminesqueez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Carminesqueez
Member since 2009 • 420 Posts

im about to buy this. cant wait to battle yall :)

felixiration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 felixiration
Member since 2009 • 433 Posts

I did, I couldn't even do some of them at all with a controller or keyboard.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

im about to buy this. cant wait to battle yall :)

Carminesqueez
I shall DESTROY YOU !!! Come into my realm.....muahahahahha
Shock_the_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Shock_the_Rock
Member since 2006 • 143 Posts

I am still not able to do special moves. I am so noob. :(

Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

On a gamepad, to do a Hadoken, you would "roll" the pad in a quarter motion, from the down position to the forward position, and press punch when you reach the forward position.

To to a Shoryuken, you would move it in a Z motion over the bottom quarter of the pad (from neutral, to forwards, to down, to down/forwards), and press punch.

To do a Senpukyaku, you would do a reversed Hadouken (i.e. a quarter roll away from your opponent) and press Kick instead of punch.

Now, how to do these on the keyboard... I dunno, I've never tried it and I wouldn't want to. I guess for the Hadoken you should try pressing down and then right in quick succession and try to overlap the two. How you would do the Shoryuken confuses me. As you might have guess, the keyboard isn't ideal for fighting games.

When I first played Street Fighter II on the Mega Drive it took me a LONG time to work out how to do the Hadoken and similar moves. I wouldn't be too disheartened that you can't do it right away, just keep practicing. After a while it becomes second nature.

faysal_ha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 faysal_ha
Member since 2008 • 417 Posts

cheers for all , i think if you are good in keyboard in street fighter its will be more easy to do moves,special and combo etc...

but when you play with gamepad its will be more fun , i mean you dont need to set in front of your screen to play on keyboard on a desk,

while gamepad instead , you can play as far as you wish away from your screen , especially if you have big screen

Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

Shoryuken = same as Hadouken, only you tap forward before executing it. Easy enough?

It's 623+P. Look at the number pad to see what directions the numbers correspond to (it's Forward, Down, Down-Forward.)

vitriolboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 vitriolboy
Member since 2005 • 4356 Posts

I cannot imagine playing Street Fighter with a keyboard. Get a 360 controller or an arcade fighting stick.

rock_solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rock_solid
Member since 2003 • 5122 Posts

I cannot imagine playing Street Fighter with a keyboard. Get a 360 controller or an arcade fighting stick.

vitriolboy
i can't imagine using a keyboard either. but i wouldn't use the 360 controller either cuz the DPAD SUCKS. i'm gonna try using my old snes controller with a usb adapter.