Steam: Please list subtitle options on the store page! Petition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KrissyRawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 KrissyRawrz
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
It's my first time here so sorry for barging in! :) However a gaming platform / online digital game Store I use called Steam has been giving me and many other users / game developers there issues for concern. There's no mention if their games or products do or do not include subtitles on the store pages, which is silly. There's no way to find out if you can use the product with subtitles until after you buy it and check it. Many people need subtitles in order to play games, mainly those with a hearing problem (like myself) or people whose native language isn't English or just find it hard to understand certain accents. There's even a lot of perfectly hearing gamers who enjoy subtitles on their games. After yet again another disappointment / purchase / money wasting experience where there were no subtitles and no mention of this on the games page I decided to take it further. I've created a petition in hope that it gains a lot of signatures (so far there's been a lot of interest and support generating over 750 signatures in the week the petition has been around.) When the petition reaches 1000 signatures I shall be taking it to the owners of the digital store in hope they make a slight change on their store pages to say if games have subtitles or not and hopefully improve many peoples lives / gaming experiences. I'd be ever so greatful if anyone could sign my petition for me or ask their friends to thanks very much for reading! Petition link: http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/steam-please-list-subtitle-options-on-the-store-page
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#2 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

"However a gaming platform / online digital game Store I use called Steam."

Never heard of it.

UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts
I don't know what steam is. Do you have a link to this place?
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#4 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
What is Steam?
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
Stop meaning mean guys, he has a good point since not everybody can play with the default dialogue like he mentioned. Saying that, Steam takes years to accomplish anything, so hopefully they put this on but don't keep ur hopes up for something quick.
RevanBITW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RevanBITW
Member since 2013 • 739 Posts
You could still just ask around on gaming forums if said game has subtitles or not. But I agree, they should show that info on the store page.