Steam pausing/suspending my download automatically...man this is frustrating

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tobes1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tobes1993
Member since 2011 • 227 Posts

Everytime i press start download or resume it will start downloading for about 3 seconds and then just pause or suspend itself.

Any ideas?

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
It's an extremely common glitch, make sure you have enough space for what you want to download and exit Steam and run it again, that's about all there is, on rare occasions it's a problem with the Steam network and you can do nothing till it goes away, several hours or so.
tobes1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tobes1993

It's an extremely common glitch, make sure you have enough space for what you want to download and exit Steam and run it again, that's about all there is, on rare occasions it's a problem with the Steam network and you can do nothing till it goes away, several hours or so.DanielDust

Thanks. Thought there might be some crazy fix someone had come up with but will just wait it out.

tobes1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tobes1993

It's an extremely common glitch, make sure you have enough space for what you want to download and exit Steam and run it again, that's about all there is, on rare occasions it's a problem with the Steam network and you can do nothing till it goes away, several hours or so.DanielDust

Thanks. Thought there might be some crazy fix someone had come up with but will just wait it out.

no1alboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 no1alboogie
Member since 2003 • 1360 Posts

... and if your trying to download a game that you just bought and is currently on sale, then everyone else that just bought that one is trying to do the same thing .... ( it happens to)

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#7 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Been dealing with this since I signed up to Steam. It doesn't bother me since I just have to click resume and it downloads fairly quickly anyway.

Although, you'd think it would have been fixed by now...

megam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 megam
Member since 2003 • 457 Posts

I recently started having this problem, too. Before, it'd download at a steady pace. Now, it takes forever to download anything with all the stops and starts it does. And it's not just on new games; I've been trying to dl GTA IV for over a week, and I'm making very little progress with this.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
Sometimes if you click Play before it downloads, that will make it go faster. I noticed this also.