This topic is locked from further discussion.

Brean24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Brean24
Member since 2007 • 1659 Posts
After years getting games off of steam with my parents money, and sharing my Dad's steam account(I used it 99 percent of the time), I am finally old enough to make my own money and thus I have started my own steam account to reflect that. (employment ftw!) Sadly, this means going from 400 games to 5 games. So far I have: Torchlight Torchlight 2 Preorder Sanctum Collection Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition Batman Arkham City Orion Dino Beatdown A lot less than the 400 games on the other account, but I suppose one has to start somewhere. Is there any cheap or decently priced games that you guys would recommend? The games above pretty much show what type of games I like(Action RPG, Hack and Slash, FPS, Action Adventure, Tower Defense, RTS, Puzzle)
Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Prexxus
Member since 2003 • 1443 Posts

Why do this? You spent peoples money and now you're wasting it by making a new account? Or will you be buying games you don't have on the other one?

Brean24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Brean24
Member since 2007 • 1659 Posts

Why do this? You spent peoples money and now you're wasting it by making a new account? Or will you be buying games you don't have on the other one?

Prexxus
This account is actually mine, everything is paid for by me using my money, and when I leave the house eventually I will be able to keep this account. The other account is not mine, the games are not owned by me and since my Dad is basically on Disability he uses it a lot more than he used to and its starting to be a pain with two people on one account.
santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts
If you're into any of the recent Bethesda games (oblivion, fallou3, :new Vegas, skyrim) I'd grab whichever is your favorite or fits your budget best. Each game offers a large amount of content, and also have highly devoted mod communities. You could easily end up playing the main game and then a couple completely new adventures for a low price.
0N1_L3G3ND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 0N1_L3G3ND
Member since 2004 • 1046 Posts

I remember when I started building my steam library... started with Dragon Age and quickly grew my library to over 70 games. Based on what you've already listed I would highly recommend checking out Dungeon Defenders. Great game with tons of replay value(RPG/Tower Defense)

0N1_L3G3ND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 0N1_L3G3ND
Member since 2004 • 1046 Posts
I also recommend Orcs Must Die!
BygByron3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BygByron3
Member since 2003 • 5572 Posts
Don't rebuild an entire library, just focus on the games that you and your dad play together and/or the games you play the most. First thing I'd buy is the Valve collection when it goes on sale, usually $49.99 for every Valve title.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#8 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Wait till the steam summer sale (:

Get the games you liked from your dads account and any others that interest ya.

Keep an eye on the daily sales ;)

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

This

Don't rebuild an entire library, just focus on the games that you and your dad play together and/or the games you play the most. First thing I'd buy is the Valve collection when it goes on sale, usually $49.99 for every Valve title.BygByron3

and this

Wait till the steam summer sale (:

Get the games you liked from your dads account and any others that interest ya.

Keep an eye on the daily sales ;)

kozzy1234