Star Wars:The Old Republic you getting it?

• 144 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mikolig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mikolig
Member since 2010 • 397 Posts

I think they will release it after july i saw it. soo any1 gona get it? i think its gona be awesome!! i cant wait :D

what about you guyz?

This is their site if you wanna take a look :)

EDIT: which side u gona be on?

im gona be on the darkside! u?

TnR_eclipse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TnR_eclipse
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

yes without a doubt. However it will pretty much just be WoW in the star wars universe

People like me wishing for a pre-cu SWG 2.0 are going to be quite disappointed

mikolig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mikolig
well yea its kinda like wow but u got spaceship battles and u got lightsabers and force power xD and u can buy planets!!
pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Nope, and im a BIG fan of Star Wars. The game just doesnt look very impressive to me. Im waiting for Guild Wars 2.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
Day One Collector's Edition buy for me (have they announced the CE yet?) Hopefully it doesn't let me down like AION and DCUO did...
James00715

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 James00715
Member since 2003 • 2484 Posts

I might at some point down the line, but I'm taking a long break from MMOs. I played an MMO or another for almost 10 years and am pretty tired of the monthly fees. In that time I missed most of the major non-MMO releases. Right now I am slowly going back through the years and playing all the big hits. I really think Bioware should have done KotOR 3 instead though. KotOR 2 left a bad legacy on the series being buggy and unfinished. It would have been nice to play a new polished KotOR rather than another game with monthly fees.

MadCat46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MadCat46
Member since 2004 • 1494 Posts
I never understood the desire to buy and play an MMO on day one. It's always a disaster; to many people logging on causing immense amounts of lag and registering issues, server issues and bugs galore, slow response from devs and GM's because they're swamped, and the game always feels incomplete. I need a minimum of 6 months post launch before even considering joining an MMO after giving a launch a couple of tries.
mikolig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mikolig
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Day One Collector's Edition buy for me (have they announced the CE yet?) Hopefully it doesn't let me down like AION and DCUO did...

dont know bout the CE but here is an idea how bout they give away a lightsaber with the CE?:P if they do that i get CE haha xD
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 i5750at4Ghz
Member since 2010 • 5839 Posts
Yeah.
mikolig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mikolig
I never understood the desire to buy and play an MMO on day one. It's always a disaster; to many people logging on causing immense amounts of lag and registering issues, server issues and bugs galore, slow response from devs and GM's because they're swamped, and the game always feels incomplete. I need a minimum of 6 months post launch before even considering joining an MMO after giving a launch a couple of tries. MadCat46
well you are right every single word but they can fix it and they do
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FelipeInside
I never understood the desire to buy and play an MMO on day one. It's always a disaster; to many people logging on causing immense amounts of lag and registering issues, server issues and bugs galore, slow response from devs and GM's because they're swamped, and the game always feels incomplete. I need a minimum of 6 months post launch before even considering joining an MMO after giving a launch a couple of tries. MadCat46
This is true... but AION must have been the exception. I bought it day one and played it for the free month and never encountered any issues.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FelipeInside

I might at some point down the line, but I'm taking a long break from MMOs. I played an MMO or another for almost 10 years and am pretty tired of the monthly fees. In that time I missed most of the major non-MMO releases. Right now I am slowly going back through the years and playing all the big hits. I really think Bioware should have done KotOR 3 instead though. KotOR 2 left a bad legacy on the series being buggy and unfinished. It would have been nice to play a new polished KotOR rather than another game with monthly fees.

James00715

That was my problem with WoW....loved the game but missed out on great SP titles....

mikolig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mikolig
WoW is the worst thing that has happened to me... im sure im not the only 1
Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Aye day one purchase for myself..Dont understand where this wow comparison is coming from..Its nothing like wow..They have space battles wow doesnt..Classes are different..Every mmorpg..Has the tank class the healer, dps this case bounty hunter so on..If this is the case you can say wow is like everquest..That was the genre that started it all really..Its amazing how many people say every mmorpg is like wow..

Own like 5 lite sabers myself..Own Lukes saber, have the double bladed one, yodas saber, mase winduws, vaders..Im still collecting them..There expansive like a 100 dollars each..There is still a few ive got to get..There all amazing love the double bladed one..

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FelipeInside

Aye day one purchase for myself..Dont understand where this wow comparison is coming from..Its nothing like wow..They have space battles wow doesnt..Classes are different..Every mmorpg..Has the tank class the healer, dps this case bounty hunter so on..If this is the case you can say wow is like everquest..That was the genre that started it all really..Its amazing how many people say every mmorpg is like wow..

Own like 5 lite sabers myself..Own Lukes saber, have the double bladed one, yodas saber, mase winduws, vaders..Im still collecting them..There expansive like a 100 dollars each..There is still a few ive got to get..There all amazing love the double bladed one..

Gladestone1
You have way too many lightsabers.....send me one :)
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 i5750at4Ghz
WoW is the worst thing that has happened to me... im sure im not the only 1mikolig
Play less.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11790 Posts

Not sure if I am getting it, I am interested in it, and I love Star Wars. So I will wait and see after it launches.

mikolig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mikolig
[QUOTE="mikolig"]WoW is the worst thing that has happened to me... im sure im not the only 1i5750at4Ghz
Play less.

already quited it like 2 months ago :) cant wait STARWARS COMOOON :D btw which side u guyz gona be on?
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 i5750at4Ghz
[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="mikolig"]WoW is the worst thing that has happened to me... im sure im not the only 1mikolig
Play less.

already quited it like 2 months ago :) cant wait STARWARS COMOOON :D btw which side u guyz gona be on?

Sith, really wanna be a bounty hunter.
mikolig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mikolig
sith here too
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="mikolig"][QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"] Play less.

Sith.... I always played the good guy on both KOTOR1+2....so time to be EVIL !!!
mikolig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mikolig
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="mikolig"] already quited it like 2 months ago :) cant wait STARWARS COMOOON :D btw which side u guyz gona be on?

Sith.... I always played the good guy on both KOTOR1+2....so time to be EVIL !!!

always played evil guyz and gona continue to playem !!! :D
Hekynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Hekynn
Member since 2003 • 2164 Posts
Hell ya I'm getting it op. and I will be playing as a Jedi Sentinel dual lightsabers man! =D
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FelipeInside
Hell ya I'm getting it op. and I will be playing as a Jedi Sentinel dual lightsabers man! =DHekynn
Talking about that, I've always loved Dual-Lights.... are they just exclusive to one class or can any class get them?
mikolig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mikolig
Hell ya I'm getting it op. and I will be playing as a Jedi Sentinel dual lightsabers man! =DHekynn
sith marauder uses them too ;)
Nohtnym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Nohtnym
Member since 2010 • 1552 Posts

Have to see when it comes out, probably yes.

Heartagram_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Heartagram_03
Member since 2005 • 3697 Posts

Sith Inquisitor is my first playthrough. I'm very excited for SWTOR, I have 6 other friends waiting for an release date. BioWare is really teasing the fans with new trailers and gameplay footage. I've never played WoW in my life and I'm proud of that. I've recently began to take interest in the MMO genre now that im more of a PC gamer.

mikolig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mikolig

Sith Inquisitor is my first playthrough. I'm very excited for SWTOR, I have 6 other friends waiting for an release date. BioWare is really teasing the fans with new trailers and gameplay footage. I've never played WoW in my life and I'm proud of that. I've recently began to take interest in the MMO genre now that im more of a PC gamer.

Heartagram_03

i dont have friends who live next to me that are much of a gamer like me but i have other friends online !!! that want this game to come out.. soo comon already!!!!!

edit my bro and me gona play this game other friend that live with me nope...

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
While I don't like most MMO's this one actually seems like fun. Definitly going to be a Bounty hunter.
gt350tsc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gt350tsc
Member since 2004 • 488 Posts
[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="mikolig"]WoW is the worst thing that has happened to me... im sure im not the only 1mikolig
Play less.

Yeah I quit WoW as well back in feb. Mostly because my guild couldn't do the current content and I'm not gonna do six month content. I can't really comment on if was to hard or not since we didn't get past the first trash pack in black wing descent. Something tells me we just didn't have the gear and Patience to do it. I'm not sure about TOR to be honest. I saw one of there raid trailers and looked alot like WoW but at least that won't be the only thing to do at end game. lately I've been having more fun with free to play mmos like champions online and single player games like ninja gaiden. I do admit I'm really looking forward to guild wars 2 since there will be no monthly sub fee. I like no sub fees makes me feel I don't have to play all the time to get my moneys worth. I suppose one could agure that 15$ month isn't a lot which it isn't but Its 15$ I can put to other things like buying old games that I never got a chance to play.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23959 Posts

I will be getting the inevitable trial for sure. However I will not buy the game before that. If I like the trial enough to warrant the price, I will buy the game.

I am not expecting a lot from it however.

Sith.... I always played the good guy on both KOTOR1+2....so time to be EVIL !!!FelipeInside

You can be dark side even though you are republic, at the same time you can be light side even though you are empire. When I get the trial I will be empire as well, and I will hopefully stay grey. I will be a Bounty Hunter.

gunmaster55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gunmaster55555
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts
Hell yes. Star wars and its awesome. I played in the beta november 2010 and enjoyed it and those were the classes I didn't care about. I can't wait :D.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FelipeInside
Hell yes. Star wars and its awesome. I played in the beta november 2010 and enjoyed it and those were the classes I didn't care about. I can't wait :D.gunmaster55555
Tell us about it... (if ur allowed)
Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Filthybastrd
Member since 2009 • 7124 Posts

Probably not.

I'dlike like Rift to thrive but my reason to play MMOs is entirely to keep in contact with people who have become good friends, even if they're just voices most of them time.

So I'll probably return to my crappy WoW guild and keep being frustrated amd bitter, rather than playing Rift, or better yet; Stop playing MMOs and meet women instead.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Friend has been playing the beta and all of her impressions have been pretty good so far from what I've been told. Sounds solid, even if it's a mash up between singleplayer Bioware and WoW tropes 101.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Gladestone1
I think even IGN admitted that from what they played - this was a complete WoW clone. Tip: You can make an MMORPG without copying Everquest/WoW.
gunmaster55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 gunmaster55555
[QUOTE="gunmaster55555"]Hell yes. Star wars and its awesome. I played in the beta november 2010 and enjoyed it and those were the classes I didn't care about. I can't wait :D.FelipeInside
Tell us about it... (if ur allowed)

well not allowed but i mean it was pretty buggy at the time but I have heard from friends who have played in the beta that it has gotten a lot better in that department. I mean I had a blast playing it. Liked the talking and having the choice as a bounty hunter to either kill the guy as the hutt wanted or to bring a head from a dead body and make it look like I killed him due to the species looking the same. I liked the quests and choice dialog was awesome. Combat was fine not amazing not innovative but not terrible. That was as the bounty hunter, the class I don't really care for :D
Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#38 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts

I love starting a MMO cause the entire playerbase is at the same level, no one knows what is going on. I joined Rift within minutes of launch and that was a very smooth start, so not every MMO is a complete disaster.

I plan on get SWOR, but probably looking more forward to GW2. My gf on the other hand cant wait for SW

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
Ill be waiting for the reviews im skeptical but very interested
gunmaster55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gunmaster55555

[QUOTE="MadCat46"]I never understood the desire to buy and play an MMO on day one. It's always a disaster; to many people logging on causing immense amounts of lag and registering issues, server issues and bugs galore, slow response from devs and GM's because they're swamped, and the game always feels incomplete. I need a minimum of 6 months post launch before even considering joining an MMO after giving a launch a couple of tries. IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

I love starting a MMO cause the entire playerbase is at the same level, no one knows what is going on. I joined Rift within minutes of launch and that was a very smooth start, so not every MMO is a complete disaster.

I plan on get SWOR, but probably looking more forward to GW2. My gf on the other hand cant wait for SW

Yeah I got LOTRO on day 1 as well and when i started playing i didn't have any server problems. Actually I was very impressed with how smooth the LOTRO launch was and just everything with that game ^^.
bassbomber20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41 bassbomber20
Member since 2003 • 1732 Posts
Well I hope they release TOR before Skyrim and Battlefield 3 or it's going to be taking a backseat in my list of games that I spend my time on.
sinpkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sinpkr
Member since 2010 • 1255 Posts

maybe if its on sale down the road.

mikolig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mikolig

ok well i see most of you guyz wanna play it :D but its not EXACTLY THE SAME as WoW ...... why would IGN even say that lol

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FelipeInside

ok well i see most of you guyz wanna play it :D but its not EXACTLY THE SAME as WoW ...... why would IGN even say that lol

mikolig
Cause of the graphics maybe...
mikolig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mikolig
[QUOTE="mikolig"]

FelipeInside
Cause of the graphics maybe...

well the graphics at first was like wow but then they made it MUCH better thats why they extended the release date...
Avatar image for Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Member since 2010 • 822 Posts

Most likely, have to see. apparently Australians/NZ are getting it 1 year after the US/UK/Europe get it. Might not be true but it was on the SWTOR forums a few days ago.

Sith Inquisitor, Healer. Hoping it'll be as fun as running a Shaman. Im sure it will be.

coreybg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 coreybg
Member since 2009 • 2608 Posts

A friend of mine got a beta inv so I'll wait until he gives me some feedback. I'm hoping for an open beta though, wanna experience it myself, but from what I've seen so far, I'm probably geting it (not sure if day 1 though).

mikolig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mikolig

I hate healers but i like sith inquisitor it looks great :) im rolling sith warrior marauder

btw this shows u the advanced character section with talents and everything

coreybg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 coreybg
Member since 2009 • 2608 Posts

I hate healers but i like sith inquisitor it looks great :) im rolling sith warrior marauder

mikolig

This page is not available. This may be because you do not have permission to access it or the page may not exist. If you feel you should not be receiving this error, please contact us.

That's what I'm geting :S

mikolig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mikolig

[QUOTE="mikolig"]

coreybg

This page is not available. This may be because you do not have permission to access it or the page may not exist. If you feel you should not be receiving this error, please contact us.

That's what I'm geting :S

oh yea u gota log in:P if u dont have an account make 1 its so easy and fast :)