Sports games on PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Neubauer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Neubauer4
Member since 2005 • 440 Posts
why can't PC sports games look as good as PS3 sports games?
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#2 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
1. devs are lazy
Gekko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Gekko101
Member since 2005 • 2930 Posts

Yup plus sports game dont really work with a mouse and keyboard unless you buy a gamepad.

Just get a 360 its got the best sports games.(you also get a few good game out of it as well Halo,mass effect,fable2,Forza,Alan Wake,Too Human,GTA4)

I love NBA2k8 looks kick ass on my HDTV :P

Zillaschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Zillaschool
Member since 2004 • 1610 Posts
I just hate how EA abandon us on their FIFA series.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#5 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Not that great although I like FIFA on PC
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#6 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
I like FIFA for PC but nothing else, NHL is pretty good
theonlybadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 theonlybadger
Member since 2004 • 315 Posts
PES 2008 is looking great on the PC. Its next-gen and plays great as always.
doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 doubutsuteki
Member since 2004 • 3425 Posts

1. devs are lazynutcrackr

Psshaw! YOU are lazy.

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 doubutsuteki

why can't PC sports games look as good as PS3 sports games?Neubauer4

They CAN certainly look a whole lot better than any console game. The thing is that the audience is on the consoles, where you play using a controller - which is much more convenient than a mouse and keyboard for these kinds of games - so most sports games on the PC end up being bad ports of games that were originally developed for the (otherwise) inferior console platforms.

Nitrous2O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nitrous2O
Member since 2004 • 1813 Posts

I agree there is a larger audience for sports games on consoles, however, the "controller" is not a reason to not have sports games on the PC. Today, the 360 controller works natively with the PC (no adaptor needed), before that I used to use PS2 controllers for sports games (and other games like Tomb Raider, etc) on the PC via adaptor. Prior to that, Gravis made some decent gamepads for the PC (anyone remember the exterminator LOL).

Anyway, PCs aren't kb+m only, gamepads have been around forever for the PC. Now, with the 360 controller it's better and easier than ever IMO :D

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 doubutsuteki

I agree there is a larger audience for sports games on consoles, however, the "controller" is not a reason to not have sports games on the PC. Today, the 360 controller works natively with the PC (no adaptor needed), before that I used to use PS2 controllers for sports games (and other games like Tomb Raider, etc) on the PC via adaptor. Prior to that, Gravis made some decent gamepads for the PC (anyone remember the exterminator LOL).

Anyway, PCs aren't kb+m only, gamepads have been around forever for the PC. Now, with the 360 controller it's better and easier than ever IMO :D

Nitrous2O

It doesn't matter that it is possible - there have been gamepads for PCs for a long time, long before the Xbox 360 was out on the market - the problem is that the keyboard and mouse are the default input peripherals for the PC, where as controllers are what consoles have. Obviously they aren't hoping that the sports games audience are going to buy PC games and buy Xbox 360 controllers to play them. It's just much better for them to release the sports games for the consoles because the controllers are there by default, and the audience is there. Playing, sitting in the sofa in front of a TV is also much better for sports games (possible with a PC, but certainly not the norm). Aren't sports games considered "casual" games? Watching sports is certainly casual. Going from watching a game on the TV to putting a hockey, basket, football, soccer or whatever game in a console, pick up a controller and play is not a exactly a giant leap. Like I said: Convenience - it is the key word here.

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 doubutsuteki
Double post - sorry. Damn Gamespot.
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
It's because sports games are casual games so they keep the requirements as low as possible or they don't release them at all. I wouldn't want to play sports on PC either way.
Sonphil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 Sonphil
Member since 2005 • 55 Posts

To all you rookies and young bucks, I've been a gamer since atari.. and became a PC gamer since Voodoo days..I am hearing that PC cannot get great sports games because of the controller or the default keyboard and mouse.. First of all I just think that the EA and other sport game makers don't really care for PC sports because of download PC games for free..Why make NBA 2K or Next Gen madden when they know your going to download it for free. They will loose millions.. Yes it will make PC gamers happy but there thinking about themselfs. Second it is extremely easy to convert those next-gen sports games .. Instead they tease us with next-gen pics then give us recycle graphics. Third , What makes me angry is that the PC industry or let say ATI and NVIDIA comes out with these really powerful videocards that dominates the consoles and we gamers sit here looking through our case saying to ourselfes this is one pretty as.... card. Thinking to ourselfes where getting next-gen which is bull. PC gamers should be able to take out a 360 controller or a Logitech dual action and play a next-gen sports with no problem. If Microsoft can convert Lost planet and Gears of war.. The other companies can convert NBA2K and LIVE08 .Why get a a powerful videocard for Crysis when I can't play no sports in next -gen.. PC gamers spend to much on upgrades to play such games in the future and we all get laugh at .. At the very end.. PC games are not meant for just FpS .... IF anyone is going to say buy a console . ... Im going to say I love my PC better.. Its does multitasking and play games.. Think about this with console you have to spend 60 dollars on a new game everytime which adds up to a great gaming PC. I leave it at that. Its up to the modders to at least come up with next-gen mods or skins. Alright everyone I'm out.

PS: can yourconsole play PS2,SNES,NES,NEOGEO,GEN,and so on...Mines can.. HAHAH

Baron_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Baron_14
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts
Im happy with sports games on PC.
Nitrous2O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nitrous2O
Member since 2004 • 1813 Posts

Im happy with sports games on PC.Baron_14

Me too. And I still say that playing sports games with a buddy, racing games for instance, with two computers (alot of you guys also have more than one PC right? It's not unusual at all) over LAN, each with their OWN screen is so much more enjoyable than split-screen on a single TV (regardless of TV size).

That alone, even though there are many other reasons, is enough to validate sports games on the PC for me ;)