Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium problems windows 7 x64

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Quadster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 Quadster
Member since 2003 • 578 Posts
I've just recently bought a sound blaster x-fi titanium PCI-E card, and i've been trying everything i can find for the last 6-8 hours, and i still keep getting the same error of: "Setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system. Please ensure that your product is properly installed before running this setup program" But windows 7 is aware of the card as a sound card, and is totally convinced it's a "High Definition Audio Device" (My Onboard is completely disabled and uninstalled) and won't have it any other way. I'm aware that this is a common issue and i'm not the only one having this problem, i've tried all preparations of drivers, Auzens, AUU drivers etc, i've even tried running it on an installation of Windows XP 32bit i have on one of my other HDDs, same result. if it helps, my specs are: AMD Phenom II 955BE Asus M4A78T-E Mobo 8Gb PC10600 ram Geforce GTX 260 192 cores 3 HDDs (Sata II) Windows 7 pro 64Bit (Up to date) Can anyone tell me if i'm missing anything stopping me getting this card to install properly, i very much doubt it's faulty, but i would really appreciate if someone who's gotten the card to work to help me out, this is the 1st time this has ever happened to me with this much hassle as previous sound cards have never given me this bother.
desertpython

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 desertpython
Member since 2006 • 1277 Posts

Did you uninstall the Realtek driver, followed by running Driver Sweeper in Safe Mode, followed by disabling the onboard sound card in the BIOS and Device Manager? Then try running the Product Identification Module to get the sound card recognized and only install the latest driver off Creative's site. I was thinking of getting that card.

Quadster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Quadster
tried all of that, keeps telling me the same error, although...i will attempt the support pack, but i very much doubt it'll get it
desertpython

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 desertpython

The Identification module should fix this issue.

Quadster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Quadster
unfortunately not :(
desertpython

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 desertpython

Try the old driver on the driver disc, even if its for Vista. Might work. This is one of the issues where it works perfectly for one, and not so well for another.

Quadster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Quadster
like i'd said, the initial hurdle is not getting past the error message when trying to install the card, windows knows what it is, and thinks its a "HD audio Adapter" none of the tools i've tried will detect it.
desertpython

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 desertpython

Right click the driver in device manager and uninstall it. Don't reboot and then try installing the driver.

Quadster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Quadster
my PC really doesn't like this card, used PIM, same error, disabled a few Group policies, same error.....but i really am now at a loss at what to do
desertpython

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 desertpython

Try the Creative forums. I'm out of ideas. If this was Linux I'd understand, but not with 7.