So how is SWTOR's population now a days?

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

I was thinking about going back to it for a while...how's population these days?

Please leave the hate out of it, if you don't know then don't post.

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

My server is full of people. One thing I love is how nice people are. I'm walking down a path, I meet someone we start talking for a while. Great community.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

I was thinking about going back to it for a while...how's population these days?

BSC14

1.7million active subscriptions as of this morning so a loss of 500k users or so after the 1 month free wall hit

James00715

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 James00715
Member since 2003 • 2484 Posts

[QUOTE="BSC14"]

ionusX

1.7million active subscriptions as of this morning so a loss of 500k users or so after the 1 month free wall hit

I don't know where you got that. The last report was they had 1.7 million. The latest update says they still have 1.7 million. There's no loss there. I know they sold 2 million units, so after the first update maybe they lost 300k. There have been no losses since though.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="BSC14"]

James00715

I don't know where you got that. The last report was they had 1.7 million. The latest update says they still have 1.7 million. There's no loss there. I know they sold 2 million units, so after the first update maybe they lost 300k. There have been no losses since though.

they sold over 2mill by now easy. but 1.7 are left

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HyperWarlock

[QUOTE="James00715"]

[QUOTE="ionusX"] 1.7million active subscriptions as of this morning so a loss of 500k users or so after the 1 month free wall hit

ionusX

Which I think is pretty impressive. Most MMO's lose a lot more than 15%.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#7 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

I played the first month after release on a server that would hit queues during primetime and the world still felt empty outside of fleet. Can't imagine it after losing any amount of subs.

Jetset314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Jetset314
Member since 2011 • 234 Posts

I played the first month after release on a server that would hit queues during primetime and the world still felt empty outside of fleet. Can't imagine it after losing any amount of subs.

vfibsux

I like the world outside of the main hub to be a bit empty. That was one of my major pet peeves with WoW's launch. I would go to an area and have to stand around while everyone else finished their quest, or hopefully find a group that had a spare slow. At least when I do run into people they are nice, and if their group is full I can run around and kill stuff/farm profession nodes.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="James00715"]

HyperWarlock

I dont see anything impressive when you cant hold your customers after a month.... Thats a bad sign if you ask me....
Alx1231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Alx1231
Member since 2007 • 527 Posts
[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

[QUOTE="ionusX"] they sold over 2mill by now easy. but 1.7 are left

AzatiS

I dont see anything impressive when you cant hold your customers after a month.... Thats a bad sign if you ask me....

You probably don't understand how an MMO works. They give a free month with the purchase of the game and in the history of EVERY MMO launch there is always a drop in subs after the first month. The true test of an MMO in the market is how many subs it can keep after the first month and SWTOR had the most successful launch in MMO history. This is of course considering that WoW was released when the MMO market was very small and considered a niche market.
vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#11 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

[QUOTE="vfibsux"]

Jetset314

I like the world outside of the main hub to be a bit empty. That was one of my major pet peeves with WoW's launch. I would go to an area and have to stand around while everyone else finished their quest, or hopefully find a group that had a spare slow. At least when I do run into people they are nice, and if their group is full I can run around and kill stuff/farm profession nodes.

Obviously the op does not share your views or he would not have asked the question. MMO for me means I want to see people in the world. I don't pay monthly for a single player game, and SWTOR felt way too much like one for my tastes.
Jabby250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jabby250
Member since 2011 • 524 Posts

[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

AzatiS

You guys really expect everyone who purchased the game to subscribe immediately after the free month (or at all, for that matter)?

Active subscriptions have been steady at 1.7 million for a while now. I know you guys are scared that TOR might take a away from the competition, but...

... this is just grasping at straws now.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

[QUOTE="AzatiS"][QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

Jabby250

You guys really expect everyone who purchased the game to subscribe immediately after the free month (or at all, for that matter)?

Active subscriptions have been steady at 1.7 million for a while now. I know you guys are scared that TOR might take a away from the competition, but...

... this is just grasping at straws now.

Its easy, many still desperate to see the game fail because it went the MMO route instead of a single player KOTOR 3.
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 HyperWarlock

[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

AzatiS

They did hold their customers though. All MMO's lose subs after the free month and SWTOR lost a lot less than most.

gunmaster55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gunmaster55555
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts
[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

AzatiS

Man you're a moron. Did you really think every single person who bought the game would sub? Like wow how stupid can you be to even think that -_-.
rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts
1.7 million people is the official number.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
I read this report, says it's gonna hit 2 million soon. http://games.on.net/article/15083/Star_Wars_The_Old_Republic_Dev_Team_Swelled_to_570_Personnel
fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2387 Posts

Seems to have a decent population, I've played it at all hours of the day and there's always plenty of people running around.

WizardGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WizardGlass
Member since 2012 • 322 Posts
most servers are still fairly populated, with a about a half dozen being "full"..... worth a shot, the new patch coming in april looks awesome
psp_mtness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 psp_mtness
Member since 2008 • 815 Posts
Is anyone playing the game on Aussie servers?, I've been away and heard the game has now released there, would love to know what the servers/population is like before I tempt it.
Tixylixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Tixylixx
Member since 2011 • 312 Posts

The game is gonn flop so hard if 1.2 doesn't fix all the problems.

Personally for me the lack of a seamless world and world PVP killed the game for me, it just feels like a worse WoW 7 years later...

QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 QQabitmoar
Member since 2011 • 1892 Posts

The real test will be after Tera and GW2 launch.

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HyperWarlock

Personally for me the lack of a seamless world and world PVP killed the game for me, it just feels like a worse WoW 7 years later...

Tixylixx

What do you mean it's going to flop? It has already made a profit. So it can never flop from now on.

God, do people not know the meaning of the word flop? What do schools teach kids! Is there not an economics class or something? Dam.

WizardGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 WizardGlass

Tixylixx
seamless world.....with dozens of planets? ok sure, aim for the stars...
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FelipeInside
Is anyone playing the game on Aussie servers?, I've been away and heard the game has now released there, would love to know what the servers/population is like before I tempt it.psp_mtness
I believe there are 3 Aussie Servers out (PvP, PvE, RP). All three of them are packed because ToR just released here. Also, they are opening FREE character transfers for Aussies that have been playing with an imported copy at end of April (like me). So all these players will move to the Oceanic Realm too.
Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
I never played MMORPGS, but i do like rpgs and start wars, do you think i ll enjoy it? is there a demo for me to try? Thanks
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FelipeInside
I never played MMORPGS, but i do like rpgs and start wars, do you think i ll enjoy it? is there a demo for me to try? ThanksSolid_Tango
A person subscribed to it can send you a trial key. If you have never played an MMO but a fan of Star Wars you will definately enjoy The Old Republic.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

The community in tor seems to be full of WOW rejects, or just crappy players, they are against damage meters, group finders. dual spec. I just cant FN stand them , hope this boring game and it wow scorned reject community rot. The only people against damage meters are the people that just plain suck, and dont want people to see. I think I should have stayed away from the BW forums, the hate i formed for the community there may have had a play in me hating this game as I do now as well, but in the end I would have found it boring sooner or later, no depth at all. NONE

Artekus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Artekus
Member since 2008 • 15700 Posts

The problem is they have way too many servers and the player-base is spread too thin. I'd expect server-merges within 6 months.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FelipeInside

The community in tor seems to be full of WOW rejects, or just crappy players, they are against damage meters, group finders. dual spec. I just cant FN stand them , hope this boring game and it wow scorned reject community rot. The only people against damage meters are the people that just plain suck, and dont want people to see. I think I should have stayed away from the BW forums, the hate i formed for the community there may have had a play in me hating this game as I do now as well, but in the end I would have found it boring sooner or later, no depth at all. NONE

Advid-Gamer
Does it have to do with servers? Like, when I play on my server, everyone I come across are very nice, helpful and the like.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts
[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]

FelipeInside
Does it have to do with servers? Like, when I play on my server, everyone I come across are very nice, helpful and the like.

No it was mainly people that posted in the forums, most people I met in game were cool. but it is the vocal people in the forums that keep addons and features from being added to the game.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]

Advid-Gamer

No it was mainly people that posted in the forums, most people I met in game were cool. but it is the vocal people in the forums that keep addons and features from being added to the game.

Ah ok. Maybe these people on the forums don't even play the game? They just want to troll. I also heard the other side of the story. People say that adding all these things is what ruined WoW, and therefore don't want it in ToR?
WizardGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 WizardGlass

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]

-wildflower-

I'm curious, since I've never had it, how exactly does crow taste?

do you like -any- games at all? or are you one of those self righteous folks that think only indie games are worth playing?
-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

do you like -any- games at all? or are you one of those self righteous folks that think only indie games are worth playing?WizardGlass

I like some games, mostly older games but occasionally one of the newer console ports is okay. I liked Skyrim. I don't think it's a RPG but I liked it for it was. But, then, I guess you're one of those least common denominator folks who think only games with AAA, million dollar budgets and the best hype money can buy are worth playing?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="WizardGlass"] do you like -any- games at all? or are you one of those self righteous folks that think only indie games are worth playing?-wildflower-

I like some games, mostly older games but occasionally one of the newer console ports is okay. I liked Skyrim. I don't think it's a RPG but I liked it for it was. But, then, I guess you're one of those least common denominator folks who think only games with AAA, million dollar budgets and the best hype money can buy are worth playing?

I still don't understand your way of thinking wildflower, and guess I never will. How can you NOT call Skyrim an RPG? It has everything an RPG needs to be....an RPG, doesn't it?
-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 -wildflower-

[QUOTE="-wildflower-"]

[QUOTE="WizardGlass"] do you like -any- games at all? or are you one of those self righteous folks that think only indie games are worth playing?FelipeInside

I still don't understand your way of thinking wildflower, and guess I never will. How can you NOT call Skyrim an RPG? It has everything an RPG needs to be....an RPG, doesn't it?

Is Red Dead Redemption a RPG?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="-wildflower-"]

-wildflower-

I haven't played RDR so I can't say.
-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -wildflower-

[QUOTE="-wildflower-"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] I still don't understand your way of thinking wildflower, and guess I never will. How can you NOT call Skyrim an RPG? It has everything an RPG needs to be....an RPG, doesn't it?FelipeInside

They're bascially the same game. Switch out the High-Fantasy Medieval vibe for a Western one and there you have it. That doesn't make them bad games. They're just not RPGs. That's okay, too.

I am getting a strange sense of déjà vu...

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#40 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

[QUOTE="BSC14"]

ionusX

Not true. 1.7 is the total which are both the concurrent and the ones in trial. the concurrent number of subscribers are 1million according to EA themselfs. [Update: Darth Hater has compiled some additional TOR-related statistics and Q&A from today's EA earnings call: "2,000,000+ copies sold, 40% sold through Origin; 1,700,000+ active subscribers, 1 million concurrent." The company also notes that "Active subscribers means anyone paying OR in their trial period. MOST of those 1.7m are paying at this point. So SWTOR seems to be a huge failure and not a WoW killer as some might have thought it would be.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FelipeInside

-wildflower-

They're bascially the same game. Switch out the High-Fantasy Medieval vibe for a Western one and there you have it. That doesn't make them bad games. They're just not RPGs. That's okay, too.

Yeah me too, lol... But I really want to understand ur brain WF. (even if it kills me) :) Let us grab this from another angle. What does a game have to have to be an RPG....in YOUR opinion.
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#42 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

-wildflower-

Red Dead is a hybrid FPS like Mafia II and those kind of games.
-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 -wildflower-

Red Dead is a hybrid FPS like Mafia II and those kind of games.Jacanuk

Red Dead Redemption, like Skyrim, is an action-adventure game.

[QUOTE="-wildflower-"]

FelipeInside

Yeah me too, lol... But I really want to understand ur brain WF. (even if it kills me) :) Let us grab this from another angle. What does a game have to have to be an RPG....in YOUR opinion.

That's a good idea and I will. Just not in this thread - we're kind of derailing it.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

[QUOTE="AzatiS"][QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

gunmaster55555

Man you're a moron. Did you really think every single person who bought the game would sub? Like wow how stupid can you be to even think that -_-.

Morons were the ones that were saying ( and we know who they are , are you amongst them? ) SW:TOR with kill wow , SW:TOR will be hell of a sucess , SW:TOR will be a revolution , SW:TOR subs will be huge and on and on.

Listen buddy to learn a thing or 2 before call someone stupid. I play mmorpgs since DAOC. Ive played many P2P games before , from Daoc to L2 and from WoW ( i was beta tester also ) to the most ridiculous F2P mmorpgs you can imagine. When people like you declare SW:TOR a wow killer and then not only game cant expand its base , but loosing people the first month , thats is NOT a good sign.... Period.

AN MMORPG , called a success , NOT when it sales good (copies) at start but when EXPAND its base (subs) as time passes.. Period. Now spin off a bit and prove me wrong. Geez some kids around here .

kyle_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kyle_360
Member since 2009 • 530 Posts

My server is full of people. One thing I love is how nice people are. I'm walking down a path, I meet someone we start talking for a while. Great community.

HyperWarlock
what server are you on, cause mine is small i'v been trying to do these 2 flashpoints for a month
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

kyle_360
what server are you on, cause mine is small i'v been trying to do these 2 flashpoints for a month

FPs are sometimes hard to get done. In my experience some FP are popular and you have no issues finding a grp, but with others I just give up and abandon it. They should implement server wide FP group finder.
WizardGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 WizardGlass
[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="BSC14"]

Jacanuk

Not true. 1.7 is the total which are both the concurrent and the ones in trial. the concurrent number of subscribers are 1million according to EA themselfs. [Update: Darth Hater has compiled some additional TOR-related statistics and Q&A from today's EA earnings call: "2,000,000+ copies sold, 40% sold through Origin; 1,700,000+ active subscribers, 1 million concurrent." The company also notes that "Active subscribers means anyone paying OR in their trial period. MOST of those 1.7m are paying at this point. So SWTOR seems to be a huge failure and not a WoW killer as some might have thought it would be.

yeah i mean totally.... 25 million a month + 120 million in box sales screams failure....
Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
[QUOTE="Solid_Tango"]I never played MMORPGS, but i do like rpgs and start wars, do you think i ll enjoy it? is there a demo for me to try? ThanksFelipeInside
A person subscribed to it can send you a trial key. If you have never played an MMO but a fan of Star Wars you will definately enjoy The Old Republic.

Oh thanks for the replay :3 Is there anyone willing to invite me?
WizardGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 WizardGlass
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Solid_Tango"]I never played MMORPGS, but i do like rpgs and start wars, do you think i ll enjoy it? is there a demo for me to try? ThanksSolid_Tango

Oh thanks for the replay :3 Is there anyone willing to invite me?

sure, i can. PM me