So does Vista like your Hardware? mine doesn't what about yours?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pure_Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Pure_Awesome
Member since 2006 • 1684 Posts

hey people,

well after spending a week with Vista ultimate. I woud have to say i am impressed with its features but besides that nothing, i am getting Blue Screen of Death at least once an hour.  I have updated everything except my BIOS which ill do when i grab a floppy drive off someone.

Anyway my specs are:

e6600

8800 gtx

2 gig G skill ram

evga 680i

TT toughpower 850w

X-fi platinum

400 gb HDD

36gb  10k  HDD

So post here if your computer runs/doesn't run   Vista well.    Post if you know any fixes?

cheers

matthewjackman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 matthewjackman
Member since 2006 • 407 Posts
I've got all my hardware working well. I have had 3 blue screens but I'm not sure if that is because Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas is near to broken, my nVidia drivers are still beta or Vista itself. BTW, you really need to update your BIOS with the EVGA 680i motherboard. You can do it with a usb thumb drive, instructions can be found on the EVGA forums.
TheDarthvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 TheDarthvader
Member since 2002 • 7916 Posts
Well, you decided to install a buggy OS, so i guess you had it coming
TheDarthvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 TheDarthvader
Member since 2002 • 7916 Posts
[QUOTE="TheDarthvader"]Well, you decided to install a buggy OS, so i guess you had it coming Bourbons3
qft

what does that mean?
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
[QUOTE="Bourbons3"][QUOTE="TheDarthvader"]Well, you decided to install a buggy OS, so i guess you had it coming TheDarthvader
qft

what does that mean?

I think it means quote for truth(he agree's with you).
Ephexis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Ephexis
Member since 2006 • 2477 Posts
ive heard Alot of people or basically everyone.. is getting BSOD from X-FI Cards..
this is probably the problem your having
simple way to find out.
1) turn pc off
2) take X-fi Card out
3) turn pc on ;)

good luck
Lukozer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lukozer
Member since 2002 • 6286 Posts

I haven't had a single BSOD (running Vista Ultimate x64), all my hardware is working fine (including X-Fi Elite Pro)and haven't come across a single bug yet... Not bad for a "buggy OS"

Lucifer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lucifer007
Member since 2006 • 1132 Posts
no problem here
Pure_Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pure_Awesome
hmm well ill try the USB drive bios update first, and then i may take out my X-fi if i must.. ungh
macpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 macpop
Member since 2005 • 3991 Posts
no problems here, same fps and sometimes more with readyboost *goes to play rsv*
KSlater85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 KSlater85
Member since 2003 • 19738 Posts
hmm well ill try the USB drive bios update first, and then i may take out my X-fi if i must.. unghPure_Awesome
No proglems with X-Fi here.. Though I might suspect the 680i... I have a 975x and it works great... My only issues have been with nvida drivers and MS's Game explorer...
Cyborg-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Cyborg-21
Member since 2007 • 2700 Posts
Just installed Vista now - runs great, and no problems on my Pentium D 930, 2GB RAM and a Geforce 7600GT. By the way, Nvidia have released a new driver for VIsta - for people running all cards apart from 8800 series.
KSlater85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KSlater85
[QUOTE="Cyborg-21"]Just installed Vista now - runs great, and no problems on my Pentium D 930, 2GB RAM and a Geforce 7600GT. By the way, Nvidia have released a new driver for VIsta - for people running all cards apart from 8800 series.

Yeah they relased a driver for the 8800 too... It's just not very good :D
KSlater85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KSlater85
I'm staying clear of Vista till I want to play a bunch of Vista only games. In almost 3 years, I have had the Blue Screen of Death once with XP, so why bother with Vista? I hope you can figure out what your problem(s) are, so you can stop getting the dreaded B.S.O.D.roulettethedog
Hehe.. I get BSOD's on whatever I run... Even linux except they are black with that... But yeah Vista is crap still...
Pure_Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pure_Awesome
k, Disconnecting X fi didn;t help me. I didn;t like the USB drive idea after reading it (maybe its cos mine doesn;t work properly ;) ) ill just grab a floppy in the next day or 2 and then ill see if Vista is worth it or not.
littlehelp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 littlehelp
Member since 2004 • 1264 Posts
I'm staying clear of Vista till I want to play a bunch of Vista only games. In almost 3 years, I have had the Blue Screen of Death once with XP, so why bother with Vista? I hope you can figure out what your problem(s) are, so you can stop getting the dreaded B.S.O.D.roulettethedog
I've never received the BSOD on this computer which I've had since 2000. I missed it so much, I went to microsoft.com and downloaded the screensaver.
Wesker776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Wesker776
Member since 2005 • 7004 Posts
[QUOTE="roulettethedog"]I'm staying clear of Vista till I want to play a bunch of Vista only games. In almost 3 years, I have had the Blue Screen of Death once with XP, so why bother with Vista? I hope you can figure out what your problem(s) are, so you can stop getting the dreaded B.S.O.D.animemog
I've never received the BSOD on this computer which I've had since 2000. I missed it so much, I went to microsoft.com and downloaded the screensaver.

Prebuilt? Usually pre builts never get BSODs or any other serious BIOS/hardware problem because they have been tested and proven to run effectively. I'm waiting for a service pack or something, until I get Vista.
Pure_Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pure_Awesome
ungh so I get a floppy drive, and plug it in... And now i get an error on start up saying "Floppy Disk Fail (80)" anyone know what to do to fix that? i plugged into another computer to test if that was working and it was... so yeah. anyone?