So after seeing Next Gen consoles what do you expect out of PC gaming?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11803 Posts

For starters I'd like to see new controllers, Logitech series is long over due for an update, we'll proably get one once Xbox 1 controllers are out. I'd love it if Dualshock 4 could work on PCs, and was natively supported. If the touchpad has more abilities than swipping that it will be really useful for PC centric games.

Software:

If EA and others are going to force their services on us they should at least make it as decent as steam. As for Steam I could see some improvements in the app itself especially in big picture mode, it seems poorly optimized, the reaction time seems to be ridiculous sometimes. Also I hope they can motivate developers who have games with controller support to implement it better and not half ass it especially if the said game is on consoles and to get rid of the clients. Steam could use some more features trading badge system is cool but still could use some other features. Big Picture mode should come with some more options like different GUIs and being able to use custom backgrounds or themes like you can do on desktop mode steam. Nvidia Shadowplay looks like it's going to be nice if what they say is true.

The games:

http://img3.mmo.mmo4arab.com/news/2011/12/22/soulworker/soulworker7.jpghttp://steparu.com/images/stories/0613/blackdeserte3/4.jpg

43579.jpgThe-War-of-Genesis-4-screenshot.png

Assetto-Corsa-Update-0.9.8-Released-600x637x358.resizedimage

637x358.resizedimageHeavy-Gear-Assault-.jpg

http://images.vg247.com/current//2013/04/Monster-Hunter-Online-2.jpgPCG251.pre_wildstar.main20_rgb.jpg

lineage-eternal-castle.jpgThe-Phoenix-Project.png

Survarium-Alpha-2.jpgHawken-Destruction-Demo-Trailer_1.jpg

Of course now that next gen consoles are out it will push more PC developers to raise the bar for games, looking at the asian mmo market adopting CryEngine 3 or building more advance in house engines and Unreal Engine 4 should help push it. I expect more out of indies another 8bit 2D retro side scroller isn't going to cut it, it's 2013 FFS is it really that hard to develop some 3D models or at least do hand drawn 2D or higher quality sprites!? I expect more innovations or diversity in PC games. I also expect some kickstarter games that raise the bar or just do something really good. For MMOs it seems like they're advancing already. I expect episodic single player since more and more games are focusing on multiplayer and the budget to focus on both is getting pretty big. I'd mainly like to see episodic singleplayer from indies that can rival AAA games. I'd love if some current PC developers like Tripwire interactive were working on a Killing 2 on UE4 or latest version of UE3 and added a whole lot of new stuff and taking advantage of modern hardware. The Hawken team are working on playable destructive maps so that will definitely bring back attention.

Hardware:

Not much to be said since Nvidia Maxwell will give the ability to use system memory, GDDR6 and DDR4 next year, of course some price drops in SSDs and SSD hybrids. AMD is working on HSA and GDDR6. Intel is pretty fine.

Avatar image for longtimelurker0
longtimelurker0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 longtimelurker0
Member since 2013 • 190 Posts

lol, I just hope I can afford to buy a rig that can atleast play crysis on max settings at 1080p. I'm so poor :( But I expect pc gaming to reach almost life like imaging by the end of this gen. I mean if you make a game that looks twice as good as crysis on max with mods, then thats basicly the end right?

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

PC is taking the crown as the leader of gaming, with ps4 being close behind

ShadowJax04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 ShadowJax04
Member since 2006 • 3351 Posts

wis3boi
This is my expectations as well.
pawq4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 pawq4
Member since 2013 • 448 Posts

I expect some butt-hurt people whining about how their 660 is not on par with next gen console graphics.

I seriously expect it to take until Maxwell and Volcanic Islands are released for mid-range cards to really produce "next-gen" graphics.

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 SystemsGO
Member since 2011 • 1285 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

ShadowJax04

This is my expectations as well.

This would be nice, but I see we will be looking at more console graphics.

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SystemsGO

I expect some butt-hurt people whining about how their 660 is not on par with next gen console graphics.

I seriously expect it to take until Maxwell and Volcanic Islands are released for mid-range cards to really produce "next-gen" graphics.

pawq4

Which is sad considering that the 660, and other midrange cards SHOULD be more powerful than whatever the console has in it. So yeah, it's definitely worth griping about.

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

I expect some next-gen games to be coming soon to pc. They should be making a card like Gtx 680 turn its settings down to medum quality to be playable. Games like Crysis 3 are not next-gen pc games. I cant wait for actual next-gen pc games. 

Right now I can play pretty much any game on high settings or above with my Gtx 660. When next-gen pc games come around I expect to have to turn my settings down a notch or two but the games will look a lot better. 

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
PC will continue to dominate.
ShadowJax04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ShadowJax04

PC will continue to dominate.Elann2008

8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts

I expect more of the same... This gen looks like it'll be more of the same. Maybe there'll be a greater focus on open worlds in which the only interaction you can have is based on destruction, that's all crap. I hope people get tired of the same crap and we can go back to imaginative and colorful worlds.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#12 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

wis3boi
When did it lose it?
PTMags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PTMags
Member since 2006 • 783 Posts

pawq4

Hardware isn't the problem, it's the software.  Current cards like the 660 are capable of "next gen" graphics, the problem is that next gen games with next gen engines need to actually come out.

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

pawq4

Haha, maybe I wouldn't put it like that but it's interesting since I got my 660 just before the next gen consoles launch it might last me less then 4670, and I paid it more than double.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14498 Posts

I expect nothing but good things for PC gaming.  I anticipate the PC establishment will grow as a result of this generation and more titles than ever will appear on multiple platforms.

couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16 couly
Member since 2004 • 6278 Posts
I think this time the PC will have excellent ports seen as the development is a lot easier and XONE and PS4 dev process is very similar.
Tuzolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#17 Tuzolord
Member since 2007 • 1409 Posts

I think this time the PC will have excellent ports seen as the development is a lot easier and XONE and PS4 dev process is very similar.couly

Yes I also think the Ports will be a lot smoother now since they said the architecture of the new consoles is very similiar to a PC.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

PC will continue to dominate.Elann2008

This. Just like in previous gens PC will have the most games, most exclusives and best multiplats.

But it's not a system that will get every game, no system will ever have every game. There will always be interesting games on consoles that won't make it over to PC. That is the reason I will get a console too.

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SystemsGO

I think that every time a console comes out we all say the same things, that the PC will be the king yet again. Sure, maybe to us it will, but realistically it will NEVER be the money making machine that consoles are, and it will not in every household on the west or east side of the globe. Actually PC's are already making there way out of the houses of the average westerner with the surfacing of tablets and other mobile devices. I'd love for PC to dethrone the consoles, but it's simply not going to happen. 

James00715

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 James00715
Member since 2003 • 2484 Posts

I expect to see graphics not held back by consoles for a few years. Then it will just the same as before. Hopefully, there will be better PC ports considering the console hardware is very PC-like.

Priapus101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Priapus101
Member since 2010 • 190 Posts

I don't think this will change much for most PC gamers. The majority of PC gamers do not play multiplatform games and tend to play games that have very low system requirements. 

alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 alan_carter
Member since 2009 • 1404 Posts

I don't think this will change much for most PC gamers. The majority of PC gamers do not play multiplatform games and tend to play games that have very low system requirements. 

Priapus101
Did you mean the majority of pc gamers with a windows vista laptop?
Priapus101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Priapus101
Member since 2010 • 190 Posts

[QUOTE="Priapus101"]

alan_carter

Did you mean the majority of pc gamers with a windows vista laptop?

I was being serious :( 

Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#24 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts
Consoles are always close to PC upon release, give it a year and PC will be leaps and bounds above next gen systems in terms of graphics. PC is already ahead in most everything else.
herb_moon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 herb_moon
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
As a mainly strategy gamer I'd like to see less of this fixation on graphics über alles. In the strategy genre fancy 3D graphics IMO are a complete waste of time, more to go wrong, more resource required - pandering to casual gamers isn't going to do the gaming industry any favours. If they alienate the hardcore gamer - the repeat customer who spends the money time and again, they will be doing themselves and the gamers no favours at all. This can also apply to other genres. More depth, less graphics obsession, BETTER ALPHA/BETA TESTING, less Ubisoft.
Alienware_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Alienware_fan
Member since 2010 • 1514 Posts

Upgrades.

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

I'll be throwing my PC in the trash when the PS4 comes around.

ShadowJax04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ShadowJax04

HyperWarlock
Come back when you got some money buddy!
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

ShadowJax04

Come back when you got some money buddy!

Oh don't worry, I've got plenty.Â