Sins of a Solar Empire tomorrow!

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cdscottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Cdscottie
Member since 2004 • 1872 Posts
There are only a few games that ever get my undivided attention on release day and this is one of them. I've been playing the Beta since August and quickly fell in love with the game. Anyone else as excited as I am>
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
I'm looking forward to it. I hope it'll be as good as I think it'll be.
Cdscottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Cdscottie
It's slower paced than most of the newer RTSs out there but that is what makes it fun to me. I've enjoyed all types of RTSs, 4X games, and TBSs but this one has gotten me to the core.
mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

I opted out of the beta, so I've been going nuts waiting to play it.

I left my job on friday, and am now talking two months of voluntary unemployment - mostly to play Sins.

It's gonna be crazy good.

ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 ElArab
Member since 2007 • 5754 Posts
I'm afraid if I think about this too much my head will explode.
gotcha455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gotcha455
Member since 2006 • 2611 Posts
What's with all the hype? Yeesh...
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Will stores have it tommorw? Because from the looks of it, they are going the valve route where they will be releasing the game 11:59 pm MONDAY night for download.
Cdscottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Cdscottie

What's with all the hype? Yeesh...gotcha455

Hype? This game barely has any hype. It is what you call a game that most people will steer away from but ends up having a strong following....if it becomes as big as some people tend to think it will become then Stardock will finally be pushed into the major publisher/developers catagory.

EndersAres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 EndersAres
Member since 2005 • 5711 Posts
Too bad it doesn't have a demo. I won't buy games anymore unless they have one these days. Got ripped off too many times last year.
ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ElArab

Somethin tells me you haven't seen gameplay footage.

bignice12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bignice12
Member since 2003 • 2124 Posts
I cant wait! I think sins is going to blow people away and take people by suprise. I will be picking up my copy tommorow afternoon. Gonna do the tutorials, a couple of small skirmishes, then head online for a small game. Eventually i'll get into the epic month long SP skirmishes.
gotcha455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gotcha455
Member since 2006 • 2611 Posts

[QUOTE="gotcha455"]What's with all the hype? Yeesh...ElArab

Somethin tells me you haven't seen gameplay footage.

I just did, and it looks pretty cool, but I dislike all RTS. All of them. And I've tried a bunch. I'm just gonna hope the game gets some good reviews and a lot of peopl buy it.

Shadow-Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shadow-Eagle
Member since 2004 • 953 Posts
I'm hoping I can find a copy tomorrow. Canada sucks when it comes to release dates.
Cdscottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Cdscottie

I'm hoping I can find a copy tomorrow. Canada sucks when it comes to release dates.Shadow-Eagle

Reason why digital subscriptions are better for me. I live in Newfoundland and we get it even later then the rest of Canada half the time.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
The bigger question I am wondering is if Gamestop and/or bestbuy will have the copy in tommorw.. Alot of times games are in stores the day after release date when they get the shipment..
1q3er5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 1q3er5
Member since 2003 • 759 Posts
Gonna wait for the reviews before I buy it. I really hope it scores well. This may pave the way for future games such as Homeworld 3 or Nexus 2 ect.
greatmax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 greatmax1
Member since 2006 • 1868 Posts
do you guys think that would be a good rts to start with? I just want a slow paced rts that has a good tutorial where i can juste spend alot of time relaxing. I rarely play strategy games.
Avatar image for splintercell989
splintercell989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 splintercell989
Member since 2005 • 99 Posts
This game seems absolutley amazsing. First game I have ever preordered. Also to anyone else from Canada just digAitally download it. Another plus is the game is being sold for 39.99 or 45.99 for the collectors edition. I cant wait till tomoroww. Lastly the devs said its being released mid afternoon eastern time.
Avatar image for splintercell989
splintercell989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 splintercell989
Member since 2005 • 99 Posts

do you guys think that would be a good rts to start with? I just want a slow paced rts that has a good tutorial where i can juste spend alot of time relaxing. I rarely play strategy games. greatmax1

I played the beta and the game has a great pace. The tutorials the devs said were going to be improved and they were good pretty good in the beta. Also with the way the game is set up it more about strategy then knowing all the hotkeys and clicking your mouse the fastest.

greatmax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 greatmax1
Member since 2006 • 1868 Posts

[QUOTE="greatmax1"]do you guys think that would be a good rts to start with? I just want a slow paced rts that has a good tutorial where i can juste spend alot of time relaxing. I rarely play strategy games. splintercell989

I played the beta and the game has a great pace. The tutorials the devs said were going to be improved and they were good pretty good in the beta. Also with the way the game is set up it more about strategy then knowing all the hotkeys and clicking your mouse the fastest.

alright, thanks. I guess ill wait to see the reviews and i might buy after. I also got fallout 1 and 2 which i should recieve by mail soon, so that will keep me busy for a while too.
Cdscottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Cdscottie

do you guys think that would be a good rts to start with? I just want a slow paced rts that has a good tutorial where i can juste spend alot of time relaxing. I rarely play strategy games. greatmax1

Has a bit of a learning curve but if it is your first RTS then get it. Every gamer needs to start with a great game when entering a new genre and Sins of a Solar Empire is just that.

Avatar image for Uberbadassmufuh
Uberbadassmufuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Uberbadassmufuh
Member since 2004 • 1006 Posts

Too bad it doesn't have a demo. I won't buy games anymore unless they have one these days. Got ripped off too many times last year.EndersAres

Demo coming about a month after release.

Nikalai_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nikalai_88
Member since 2006 • 1755 Posts

I was excited but after hearing some complaints that the combat lacks depth but has WC3 like special abilities and leveling up (not sure about the lv part) and that the 3d movment is useless I dialed my excitement back.

http://www.strategycore.co.uk/pg/sinspreview

"So far fleet management is pretty poor. It enables grouping and two fleet movement modes; jumping all at once or each ship separately. This field is promised to be subjected to big changes though so it may be better to wait for the final release before commenting any further. I hope ship behaviour will change as well because for now it consists of going to target, parking and shooting. The only moving ships are fighter-****ones, which doesn't make for very cinematic feeling.

Battlefields, meaning gravity wells, while being 3D and ships even being able to move in 3D, are completely flat for all practical purposes. Ships don't manoeuvre in 3D (by themselves) and frankly - in most cases there is no advantage in doing so either. Attacking from the rear, flanking, or any tactical manoeuvre you can think of for that matter, has no point in Sins. It makes no difference from which direction the attack comes."

"If I thought Galactic Civilizations was too hard-core strategy, too statistical for my personal taste, Sins of a Solar Empire has surprisingly taken a completely different route. Perhaps too far for a strategy.
This game definitely has a huge potential. If it is used to the fullest we may be looking at what Master of Orion 3 hoped to be.
Remember that everything I've written in this preview is based on a beta version and that a lot may be subject to change - also things that I see as a hindrance may be a blessing to a different kind of gamer."

CavalAnts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CavalAnts
Member since 2008 • 398 Posts
hmm, what's so good about this game? Haven't searched much about it, so maybe someone can tell?

I watched one trailer and some screens and it didn't look awesome.

Actually i am strategy games fan, i think. I like Total war series, civ's, aoe and world in conflict. Maybe the thing is that game is in space, and all that sci-fi stuff doesn't suit me well.
Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
Hopefully it will release in the UK sometime in the near future. It looks great.
DucksBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DucksBrains
Member since 2007 • 1146 Posts

I was excited but after hearing some complaints that the combat lacks depth but has WC3 like special abilities and leveling up (not sure about the lv part) and that the 3d movment is useless I dialed my excitement back.

http://www.strategycore.co.uk/pg/sinspreview

"So far fleet management is pretty poor. It enables grouping and two fleet movement modes; jumping all at once or each ship separately. This field is promised to be subjected to big changes though so it may be better to wait for the final release before commenting any further. I hope ship behaviour will change as well because for now it consists of going to target, parking and shooting. The only moving ships are fighter-****ones, which doesn't make for very cinematic feeling.

Battlefields, meaning gravity wells, while being 3D and ships even being able to move in 3D, are completely flat for all practical purposes. Ships don't manoeuvre in 3D (by themselves) and frankly - in most cases there is no advantage in doing so either. Attacking from the rear, flanking, or any tactical manoeuvre you can think of for that matter, has no point in Sins. It makes no difference from which direction the attack comes."

"If I thought Galactic Civilizations was too hard-core strategy, too statistical for my personal taste, Sins of a Solar Empire has surprisingly taken a completely different route. Perhaps too far for a strategy.
This game definitely has a huge potential. If it is used to the fullest we may be looking at what Master of Orion 3 hoped to be.
Remember that everything I've written in this preview is based on a beta version and that a lot may be subject to change - also things that I see as a hindrance may be a blessing to a different kind of gamer."

Nikalai_88

Even with those complaints a lot of the beta players seem to be really enjoying the game, so I'm still optimistic it does turn out to be an excellent game to be released tomorrow.

--Ryu--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 --Ryu--
Member since 2008 • 232 Posts
I can't wait. I had my old manager get it shipped into GameCrazy for me even though I might not get it until a week or two. That is o.k. though I wanted to give him business because he is probably the greatest guy I have ever worked for.
ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ElArab
Well just looked at "coming soon to steam" and, SoaSE isn't gonna be on there, eh, oh well. I'll just go to Fry's.
darkmario123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 darkmario123
Member since 2006 • 1156 Posts
Will this game be available in Canada?
Avatar image for Uberbadassmufuh
Uberbadassmufuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Uberbadassmufuh
Member since 2004 • 1006 Posts

Well just looked at "coming soon to steam" and, SoaSE isn't gonna be on there, eh, oh well. I'll just go to Fry's.ElArab

Stardock is primarily an online publisher. There's no reason for them to use steam when they have their own proprietary distribution system.

Alpha_Omega69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Alpha_Omega69
Member since 2004 • 11840 Posts
Already got my digital download purchased, 11 hours until I can download it :D
Cdscottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Cdscottie

Will this game be available in Canada?darkmario123

Being made by a Canadian company and distributed by an American company. I'd go with a yes.

eliteking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 eliteking
Member since 2004 • 154 Posts

I left my job on friday, and am now talking two months of voluntary unemployment - mostly to play Sins.

mfsa

you are my hero

darkmario123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 darkmario123
I just bought the digital version. Installing now.
mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

I just bought the digital version. Installing now.darkmario123

Woah! It's already available? I have a friend buying a gift of the digital version for me and all I have so far is some crummy receipt email for the original order. No download instructions yet.

I want to start sinning, damnit!

DucksBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DucksBrains
82% into the download and the downloader is bogging down to 67kb/sec :cry:
darkmario123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 darkmario123

[QUOTE="darkmario123"]I just bought the digital version. Installing now.mfsa

Woah! It's already available? I have a friend buying a gift of the digital version for me and all I have so far is some crummy receipt email for the original order. No download instructions yet.

I want to start sinning, damnit!

People who preordered the game get it later, apparently. I just bought my copy today.

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 blackdreamhunk
Member since 2007 • 3880 Posts
yea iam going to get it for sure
wackys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#39 wackys
Member since 2005 • 1315 Posts
Just saw some gameplay movies and whoah I'm amazed.It looks like it's really gonna strike gold with me.Gonna go buy it retail tomorrow.
Eggroll822

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Eggroll822
Member since 2004 • 48 Posts

looks like galciv2 and homeworld 2 had a baby

gameplay lots kind of bland from movies but it is space combat. i'll wait for reviews to pop up!

Avatar image for Indestructible2
Indestructible2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Indestructible2
Member since 2007 • 5935 Posts
Anyone know when/where the demo for this is? I'd hate to spend money on something i don't like.
spierdalaj666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 spierdalaj666
Member since 2004 • 865 Posts

Anyone know when/where the demo for this is? I'd hate to spend money on something i don't like.Indestructible2

apparently at the end of this month, which doesn't make much sense unless they wanted to add all the latest fixes to the demo rather than releasing one with pre-gold features.

bignice12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bignice12
Member since 2003 • 2124 Posts
The devs said on the forums that they didn't have time to make a demo before release because they had to polish up retail version and that is much more important than a demo. As for me 7% 161 KB/S . I cant wait! my walmart didn't have the game so I went ahead and ordered the collectors edition.
Forerunner-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Forerunner-117
Member since 2006 • 8800 Posts
Anyone playing it yet? :P
DucksBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DucksBrains

Anyone playing it yet? :PForerunner-117

Yes, its quite fun. :o

Forerunner-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Forerunner-117
Member since 2006 • 8800 Posts

[QUOTE="Forerunner-117"]Anyone playing it yet? :PDucksBrains

Yes, its quite fun. :o

Sweet!

I must admit that I'm a tad skeptical about Sins of a Solar Empire, so I'm still waiting for a review ;)

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58502 Posts

ya I was worried about it at first, but then I havent heard one bad thing from anyone who is in the beta.

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts
PC Gamer doesnt have a review up yet...but one of the editors claims he is currently addicted to the game.
spierdalaj666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 spierdalaj666
Member since 2004 • 865 Posts

[QUOTE="gotcha455"]What's with all the hype? Yeesh...mrbojangles25

ya I was worried about it at first, but then I havent heard one bad thing from anyone who is in the beta.

The last beta that i played was beta 3 and it was fun.

If they fixed the AI and improved the black market and bounty system, then this game will be great.

I'll start my download once i get home :D

Elias_Vaughn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Elias_Vaughn
Member since 2004 • 395 Posts
I'm excited for this game. It looks very good and I thought Stardock did a great job with GalCiv2 and the expansions. I hope Gamespot has a review up tonight yet or tomorrow.