Showcase your rigs.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 FaustArp
Member since 2013 • 1036 Posts

There's tiny bit of backlight bleeding on the right, or at least some kind of glow that's hardly noticeable, other than that along with the stand, it's great, no dead or stuck pixels! And this thing overclocks like a BEAST! Got 80hz, 96, and 120hz with zero problems. I tricked it into thinking it's a Catleap when it's actually a Qnix, lol.

iHl01wad6OCpS.JPG

iAwOP4KbIVrWv.JPG

imq016IzDdc0v.JPG

iJILPpiQlPUMl.JPG

mitu123

Nice, mitu!  :D

120 Hz 1440p gaming...:shock:  That has to be amazing.  Very smooth, I bet, on top of the higher resolution.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#202 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts
[QUOTE="horgen123"]And my computer no longer downclocks to 1.6 like it used to before. :roll: I thought Asus made good mobos... kraken2109
Have you looked at all the power saving settings in the BIOS?

Yeah. Got it fixed now I think.
Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts
I managed to overclock mine to ................64Hz :o
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#204 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

120 Hz 1440p gaming...:shock:  That has to be amazing.  Very smooth, I bet, on top of the higher resolution.

FaustArp

Some people say 120hz is a marketing gimmick...I just tried it and it's smoother than I imagined. It's like a different feel because you're not use to everything feeling, looking and controlling so smoothly. In motion it just puts 60hz to shame. I can still do 60hz of course because I'm so used to it, but 120hz is like a different league, it's like being wowed for the 1st time ever! It's scarily crazy good.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]Any reason why you purchased a Qnix, Mitu? I never heard of it, but then again, I don't know much on Asian brand monitors. How much was it? Have you given it a test run on any games? I'd like to see how it runs with MSI afterburner stats going.Elann2008

Price($341 bucks), overclocking, got tired of 1200p, etc.

I tried BF3 at 120hz...just insanely smooth, it's so unreal.O_o

1440p @ 120Hz. Holy teenage mutant ninja turtles. But why the Qnix? Is it a reliable brand? Curious, i might get that too if you are liking it a lot and it's quality.

From what I've read:  The HP ZR30w monitor doesn't have a scaler so = less latency.  Hmm.  But man, $1,100.. Whoosh.

Edit:  I think it will come down to these two --->   U3011 vs HP ZR30w.

U3011 has input lag. Should go with the HP-ZR30w.

Well when I went to overclock.net I read on threads that people bought Qnix and most were happy with them, though some had problems. Some had stuck pixels, dead pixels and excessive backlight bleeding. According to what I'm reading, I'm one of the luckiest ones because I have zero stuck and dead pixels and backlight bleeing so tiny you only notice it when you're standing, not sitting, and it's way too small to make a big deal about it. Mine is almost perfect as it gets, and heck I didn't even order a pixel perfect version, just the regular, lol. I tried 120hz and it's just amazing.

But it's all based on luck though. I ordered from amazon because I don't think I would like ordering from ebay for these kind of monitors.

FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 FaustArp

Edit:  I think it will come down to these two --->   U3011 vs HP ZR30w.

Elann2008

Those were the two I was looking at for a while as well, when I first decided to go super-high res.  However, I read way too many reports of excessive input lag on the Dell Ultrasharp, and I wouldn't be able to put up with that.

I'm very happy with mh HP ZR30w, for what it's worth. :)

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 mitu123

Oh and I forgot to mention that my monitor has no input lag either.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#208 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Thanks guys. I was reading through overclock.net and other forums as well. Nearly everyone pretty much made the same comments about the Dell, compared to HP ZR30w, just like you guys said.  Between the two, I would definitely get the HP.

I've also been looking into Korean monitors as the "other alternative," but I'm not sure if I could be haggled with it, unless I get lucky like Mitu. I've been looking at Crossover 3020MDP, Crossover 30Q5 Pro Black, and Yamakasi Catleap Q270 SE.

I remember when the Catleap's were like $300-320 when they first came out.  Made it an easy buy for most people.  I've read that there are ways to get rid of dead/stuck pixels.  Not sure what the success rate of those are..  

The Yamakasi Catleap is something I could easily buy now but the monitor I have now is already a 26" monitor (yeah, very rare size monitor), and I'd need to see something like a 30" monitor to see a difference. Either way, even a 27" Catleap will have 1440p and tight pixel density.  The Catleap would still be a pretty significant upgrade from what I have. :-)

If I hold off a couple of months, I could get the HP ZR30w, because then, I would have to buy a new GPU as well.  Hey... at least now.. I know which monitors to pick from, thanks to you guys.  It definitely narrowed my search down.  

FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 FaustArp

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]

mitu123

Some people say 120hz is a marketing gimmick...I just tried it and it's smoother than I imagined. It's like a different feel because you're not use to everything feeling, looking and controlling so smoothly. In motion it just puts 60hz to shame. I can still do 60hz of course because I'm so used to it, but 120hz is like a different league, it's like being wowed for the 1st time ever! It's scarily crazy good.

I know EXACTLY what you mean by that; that is the exact same way I felt when I saw my games running at higher resolution for the first time.  I remember the day I set the monitor up and started playing some games, I just couldn't believe it...my jaw hit the floor and stayed there.  And then I fired up Crysis 3!  :o  I don't think I'll ever be able to play PC games @1080p again.

I can only imagine how much worse 120 Hz could ruin me, haha.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Elann2008

I feel like the first thing I would do when I get my new monitor is fire up a racing game with nice graphics. Cockpit view.  :cool:

FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 FaustArp

I feel like the first thing I would do when I get my new monitor is fire up a racing game with nice graphics. Cockpit view.  :cool:

Elann2008

What is a good racing game for the PC with nice graphics?

I haven't played a racer for a while, and I've never played one on PC...

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Elann2008

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

FaustArp

What is a good racing game for the PC with nice graphics?

I haven't played a racer for a while, and I've never played one on PC...

Ben plays Project Cars lol. That's the best in terms of graphics in the racing genre. Personally, I play Shift 2. Dirt series and Grid 1 is cool too.
C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts
Dirt games are great fun with cockpit cam. If you want to try Dirt, go for the second, it's much better than the third.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Elann2008
Dirt games are great fun with cockpit cam. If you want to try Dirt, go for the second, it's much better than the third.C_Rule
Mmhm. :-)
FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 FaustArp

Dirt 2 has a free demo, think I'll give that a whirl...

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]

FaustArp

I know EXACTLY what you mean by that; that is the exact same way I felt when I saw my games running at higher resolution for the first time.  I remember the day I set the monitor up and started playing some games, I just couldn't believe it...my jaw hit the floor and stayed there.  And then I fired up Crysis 3!  :o  I don't think I'll ever be able to play PC games @1080p again.

I can only imagine how much worse 120 Hz could ruin me, haha.

That's the thing, you have the power to do 120hz quite easily at 1080p and I'll just say it's like a different experience, lol. Since you're doing 1600p, only way for you to play games at a lower res again is to have higher hertz than 60. Sometimes you wish they made a 1600p monitor that goes above 60hz.:P

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Elann2008
^ 1600p, 120Hz, super-super thin bezels, nice-sturdy stand, beautiful housing, super-low latency, no ghosting PRAD approved!
Avatar image for themagicbum9720
themagicbum9720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 themagicbum9720
Member since 2007 • 6536 Posts

i've been buying new parts for my computer just because i felt like going overkill. here's a kind of big picture of what i bought: 

[spoiler]

2rdjmdg.jpg

[/spoiler]

i forgot about my cpu fan not working with this motherboard so i bought a bracket to make it work, it should be here tomorrow and that's when i'm gonna put everything together. yes, that's 64 gigs of ram, gonna set up a ramdisk. im thinking about watercooling but dont know if i should this soon after buying all this.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

@mitu

was that advertised as 120hz or by lottery?

How low can you set the brightness? My eyes are sensitive to bright lights at night so I was wondering.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 mitu123

@mitu

was that advertised as 120hz or by lottery?

How low can you set the brightness? My eyes are sensitive to bright lights at night so I was wondering.

Bikouchu35

Well by the latter but quite a bit of people hit 120hz easily by simple overclocking.

It can be quite dim on the lowest brightness level!

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
My LAN rig going to take a back seat for a while. Got to back for a clutch for my car.
Weird_Jerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#222 Weird_Jerk
Member since 2010 • 646 Posts
Has anyone else tried playing a game in 3D (I know, a gimmick) on a plasma? I tried Far Cry 3 on our Panasonic ST50 recently in 3D, and I must say, it looks phenomenal. Is this the real life? It's so much fun to circle around vehicles and rocks and trees just admiring the extra dimension, and the smoothness beats both of my poopy samsung LCDs.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Elann2008
Has anyone else tried playing a game in 3D (I know, a gimmick) on a plasma? I tried Far Cry 3 on our Panasonic ST50 recently in 3D, and I must say, it looks phenomenal. Is this the real life? It's so much fun to circle around vehicles and rocks and trees just admiring the extra dimension, and the smoothness beats both of my poopy samsung LCDs.Weird_Jerk
I have a Panasonic Plasma as well.. and I need to try this one day.
Weird_Jerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Weird_Jerk

[QUOTE="Weird_Jerk"]Has anyone else tried playing a game in 3D (I know, a gimmick) on a plasma? I tried Far Cry 3 on our Panasonic ST50 recently in 3D, and I must say, it looks phenomenal. Is this the real life? It's so much fun to circle around vehicles and rocks and trees just admiring the extra dimension, and the smoothness beats both of my poopy samsung LCDs.Elann2008
I have a Panasonic Plasma as well.. and I need to try this one day.

We've had our ST50 for at least 4 months now, and only last week did we even buy 3D glasses.  We bought two $20 pairs of Samsung glasses that painlessly paired with the TV when you enable the 3D.  I sat there and just stared for hours, trying out every game and blu ray we have.  I must have been sitting there for 7 hours before I was satiated lol. 

Crysis 1/Warhead, Far Cry 3, Planetside 2, Skyrim, Mirror's Edge (OMG) and Zeno Clash were a few with which the 3D effect was the most prominent.  I was a little disappointed to not notice much for Crysis 3 :/  On the other hand, some non-3D blu rays looked amazing with the 3D upscaling of the TV -- Avatar, pretty much any Ghibli movie (the art "pops" in 3D), Tron, etc.  I am immensely impressed with the 3D, and because the refresh is so high, you *still* get the smoothness of that 120Hz-feel to it.  I highly recommend trying this if you have a plasma :P  I carried my computer downstairs just to try it and ended up leaving it hooked up to the tv for 3 days.

EDIT: Added Mirror's Edge to the list of awesome games in 3D.  That and FC3 were bar-none THE best. :)

FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 FaustArp

Has anyone else tried playing a game in 3D (I know, a gimmick) on a plasma? I tried Far Cry 3 on our Panasonic ST50 recently in 3D, and I must say, it looks phenomenal. Is this the real life? It's so much fun to circle around vehicles and rocks and trees just admiring the extra dimension, and the smoothness beats both of my poopy samsung LCDs.Weird_Jerk

I tried it on my Panasonic VT plasma, the 3D effect doesn't even come close to being worth the hit you take in picture quality by playing in this configuration.

Was cool for like 20 minutes, but certainly didn't want to do any actual gaming like that.

Weird_Jerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Weird_Jerk

I tried it on my Panasonic VT plasma, the 3D effect doesn't even come close to being worth the hit you take in picture quality by playing in this configuration.

Was cool for like 20 minutes, but certainly didn't want to do any actual gaming like that.

FaustArp

it could have been that my eyes adjusted better after sitting in front of it for so long:P

i was sitting there for hours haha.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

I have a Panasonic Plasma as well.. and I need to try this one day. Elann2008

As a owner of a 60" ST30, you really, really do.

it could have been that my eyes adjusted better after sitting in front of it for so long:P

Weird_Jerk

Since you got Link as your avatar, get Dolphin and use it to play Skyward Sword in 3D. It's f'ing amazing how well it works! Also The Witcher 2 is amazing in 3D, as is RE5. Thinking about getting the 780 whenever it comes out so I can go back to playing in 3D.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 mitu123

My monitor can't do downsampling, dammit!:P

Weird_Jerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Weird_Jerk

[QUOTE="Elann2008"] I have a Panasonic Plasma as well.. and I need to try this one day. ChubbyGuy40

Weird_Jerk

Since you got Link as your avatar, get Dolphin and use it to play Skyward Sword in 3D. It's f'ing amazing how well it works! Also The Witcher 2 is amazing in 3D, as is RE5. Thinking about getting the 780 whenever it comes out so I can go back to playing in 3D.

I'm probably gonna try that tomorrow :P I had an urge to try it, but I couldn't find my wiimote :( and even if I did, I'd need to do a fresh install of all the drivers, thanks to MotionInJoy's disruptive, lingering bluetooth drivers.  But you've convinced me.  I'm doing it all tomorrow. :)

FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 FaustArp

mitu123
There is a cute Oriental lady trapped in your sig...
FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 FaustArp

[QUOTE="Elann2008"] I have a Panasonic Plasma as well.. and I need to try this one day. ChubbyGuy40

Weird_Jerk

Yeah, I played Skyward Sword on PC via Dolphin. Good stuff! :)
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Elann2008

mitu123
Dang. :-( Thanks for the heads up though. Sucks to hear - sorry man.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 ChubbyGuy40

I'm probably gonna try that tomorrow :P I had an urge to try it, but I couldn't find my wiimote :( and even if I did, I'd need to do a fresh install of all the drivers, thanks to MotionInJoy's disruptive, lingering bluetooth drivers.  But you've convinced me.  I'm doing it all tomorrow. :)

Weird_Jerk

All you do is go to the Driver Manager tab and select your bluetooth adapter, then select roll back. Boom, regular BT drivers. I do this all the time when switching between DS3 and Wiimotes. Best thing to really do though is just grab another bluetooth adapter and have that solely for MiJ.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 ChubbyGuy40

mitu123

So why not force your GPU to do it?

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 mitu123
[QUOTE="mitu123"]

Elann2008
Dang. :-( Thanks for the heads up though. Sucks to hear - sorry man.

Oh well, 1440p and 120hz is more than enough for me.=p
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

ChubbyGuy40

But I can only use the GPU(since monitor isn't listed as it doesn't have a scaler) and it still won't budge.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

ChubbyGuy40

Yeah, just set your Scaling to GPU in the Nvidia control panel.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 ChubbyGuy40

mitu123

120hz monitor =/= 120hz TV. 120hz TV is simply a interpolation trick that basically analyses frame 1 and frame 2, then creates and inserts frame 1.5 inbetween. It's not real 120hz, it only tries to make things seem smoother. Also remember this is usually seen with a 24hz signal being displayed on a 60hz panel. I personally hate the effect with a passion because it looks so fake and unreal. It's nothing like being able to experience all 120 glorious, real frames being displayed.

Also where did you order your monitor from? (or link the seller you got it from :D)

quikdash6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 quikdash6
Member since 2004 • 480 Posts

Ta Da! Recently cleaned the desk area so I figured now would be the time to take some phtoos. Not much but it works for now.

7ccd7b91-6f01-48c7-b76c-36f8ae2fbbd9_zps

DSC_0009_zps500785ce.jpg

DSC_0011_zps87ec160b.jpg

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 mitu123
[QUOTE="mitu123"]

FaustArp
There is a cute Oriental lady trapped in your sig...

Yeah I been getting that a lot.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

ChubbyGuy40

120hz monitor =/= 120hz TV. 120hz TV is simply a interpolation trick that basically analyses frame 1 and frame 2, then creates and inserts frame 1.5 inbetween. It's not real 120hz, it only tries to make things seem smoother. Also remember this is usually seen with a 24hz signal being displayed on a 60hz panel. I personally hate the effect with a passion because it looks so fake and unreal. It's nothing like being able to experience all 120 glorious, real frames being displayed.

Also where did you order your monitor from? (or link the seller you got it from :D)

But I didn't mention TV though, I read up on it about monitors and I lol'd. I saw a difference like 2 seconds in.

And I got mine on amazon.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 mitu123

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

acanofcoke

Yeah, just set your Scaling to GPU in the Nvidia control panel.

Except it IS on GPU scaling since it's the only option...

FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 FaustArp

Ta Da! Recently cleaned the desk area so I figured now would be the time to take some phtoos. Not much but it works for now.

7ccd7b91-6f01-48c7-b76c-36f8ae2fbbd9_zps

DSC_0009_zps500785ce.jpg

DSC_0011_zps87ec160b.jpg

quikdash6
Nice. I like clean, uncluttered desks.
Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

[QUOTE="quikdash6"]

FaustArp

Nice. I like clean, uncluttered desks.

Me too.

FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 FaustArp
[QUOTE="Jennifer622"]Yeah, HAF cases you gotta be tidy with them.Oakley Sunglasses

We need a mod here, and I for one nominate mitu since he has a 120 Hz 1440p display. He may not get rid of the spambots, and hell, he may be a horrible moderator...but goddammit he can play his PC games in 1440p @ 120 fps.
soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#248 soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

I lol'd.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 ChubbyGuy40

But I didn't mention TV though, I read up on it about monitors and I lol'd. I saw a difference like 2 seconds in.

And I got mine on amazon.

mitu123

When people claim 120hz is a marketing gimmick, 99% of the time they're talking about TVs and not monitors. Anyone talking about 120hz monitors are plebs who've never seen one in person.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

When I get a new monitor, I will have to look at 120hz monitors.