Screen is offset after "Standby" Any suggestions?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintendokid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nintendokid
Member since 2003 • 909 Posts
(note: this is new mobo and I've only installed the factory drivers - everything works normal) After standby, when I use the PC again the screen is offset to the right, basically until the scroll bar is almost gone. It's not a big issue, I just have to go to settings and change the resolution to 800x600 then back to 1024x768 and the screen is correct again. It's only after standby, as when you shut it off or it goes to screen saver, it works normally. Any suggestions? Maybe go download the updated current (onboard) graphics drivers?
RayvinAzn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 RayvinAzn
Member since 2004 • 12552 Posts
Are you using an analog or digital connection for your monitor?
kodai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 kodai
Member since 2003 • 924 Posts
This tip is for a CRT since it's a fairly common problem for them and you didnt say what you have. If you have an LCD then you need to give more details on your hardware. Unless your monitor is more than 15 years old, then you should be able to find a "degauss" button on it. Wait until your screen has "warmed" up and has full brightness. The means the electron gun magnets are fully charged as well as the degauss coil around the edges of the screen. Just push the degauss button and it should reset the screen to your set view. Thats if the problem lays in the monitor itself. Of course there is always the chance it's faulty hardware on the video card or even a driver issue but thats pretty rare. I guessing it's a refresh problem on the monitor. The mobo should not be a reason for this. Who well your video card is installed and setup very well could be. Of course you should have the latest video drivers unless you have some need for an older set. To be honest, without more info I would write a dozen paragraphs on fixes for this. Currently I'm feeling lazy and dont want to put the effort into it. Give us more info and help us help you.