This topic is locked from further discussion.

asker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 asker23
Member since 2015 • 8 Posts

Hello there. Pretty simple thing to ask... i want to play a role playing sci fi game with the whole RPG meaning...not just "hey pick a "class" ,join the fixed storyline AND KILL ALIENZ" ...the whole rpg way these games are supposed to have...different story paths , each decision may change your path etc...havent done much reasearch tbh because i was too lazy to search info for each game i found individually (as they were categorised as RPG but many of them are not actually that)

thanks for all n stuff

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@asker23: Mass Effect

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@asker23: Mass Effect

Hi asker23 and welcome to the forum.

Yeah, Mass Effect is probably one of the best examples of an epic sci-fi RPG with branching story.

Another series that's a bit more linear but also pretty good is the Shadowrun Returns "series". This is an updated CRPG version of the pen and paper Shadowrun series that was originally made into a video game on the SNES. They have released two standalone campaigns since the original Shadowrun Returns (Dragonfall and Hong Kong) and they are all very good. Isometric, party based RPG in a world that combines elements of cyberpunk and fantasy (cybernetic modifications, cyberspace, hacking, elves, trolls, magic, futuristic city settings).

-Byshop

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

Fallout games are also science fiction RPG's

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts

@asker23: Hello.

I completely agree with @FelipeInside and @Byshop, Mass Effect is the game you are looking for.

From personal experience I can tell you that it has one of the best stories ever for RPGs. And I have finished 100+ RPGs.

Here is the intro of the game just to see what awaits you....

Loading Video...

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@04dcarraher said:

Good point, although the nature of the setting of post-apacoplyptic games makes them a particular sub-category since they tend to have more in common with each other than other sci-fi games. Great games, though.

-Byshop

shalashaska_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 shalashaska_
Member since 2015 • 204 Posts

Mass Effect is the way to go

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58322 Posts

@Byshop said:
@04dcarraher said:

Good point, although the nature of the setting of post-apacoplyptic games makes them a particular sub-category since they tend to have more in common with each other than other sci-fi games. Great games, though.

-Byshop

I've always considered Fallout nuclear-powered semi-steampunk sci-fantasy. But that's just me... :D

As for the original question, I too recommend Mass Effect; it literally what you specified you don't want (choose a class, story, KILL THE ALIENZ) but it is such a good game I know you will enjoy it.

I also recommend Deus Ex, either the original (if dated visuals don't offend you) or the most recent Human Revolution.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Byshop said:
@04dcarraher said:

-Byshop

I've always considered Fallout nuclear-powered semi-steampunk sci-fantasy. But that's just me... :D

Yeah I thought about Fallout since I play Fallout since 1999 (Fallout 2).

But I misread and I thought he needz aliens too. :P

Habeasdata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 Habeasdata
Member since 2014 • 200 Posts

If you like Star Wars you could play knights of the old Republic 1 & 2 they are both great rpg games in wich you have to make a lot of choices that lead you to the light or dark side. This choices have influence on the ending. also the games have a lot of dialogue options.

asker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 asker23
Member since 2015 • 8 Posts

Thanks for all the suggestion guys! Sorry for the late reply, i thought i had replied back then but i guess i must have messed up the POST REPLY BUTTON..............

So anyway. Tried the mass effect series and it's exactly what i was searching for! Thanks for all! I will soon try searching for the fallout series (although i have a brief understanding of what it is through random streamers) and other alternatives suggested.

hope the best!

Employee427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Employee427
Member since 2016 • 489 Posts

FTL: Faster Than Light

RIchardBass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RIchardBass
Member since 2016 • 10 Posts

If you decide to throw in your lot with Mass Effect (which is a great choice); for god's sake SAVE like you have never saved before!