Saying goodbye to PC gaming!!!

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hells_rebelion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#51 Hells_rebelion
Member since 2003 • 2957 Posts
Who cares.....
shalashaska88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#52 shalashaska88
Member since 2005 • 3198 Posts

Too bad I can't come up with another sarcastic remark or a death ray pic.

I love you guys.

MarioJP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 MarioJP_
Member since 2008 • 319 Posts

Its his loss. I for one will still be gaming on the pc due to now being able to play these port at a much much higher FPS and higher RESOLUTIONS.

Seondly PC hardware is getting CHEAPER not expensive, unless of course you believe in the hardware "MARKETING HOOPLA" which makes it very expensive. CPU's have the worst marketing ever, you can easily get away with a cheap cpu.

Thirdly I like to see new stuff on the PC whether it is software or hardware it is nice to see these companies puting up great stuff. Such as the nehalem core, or the new 4870 card which blows away today's console. And here is the surprise. It is now cheaper and won't make a hole in your wallet and you be able to play today's games.

Zythyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#54 Zythyl
Member since 2006 • 545 Posts
the console gaming culture will never be as advanced or underground as the pc gaming culture. all the jokes and "memes" console gamers share with eachother stem from the pc. enjoy your pathetic substitue.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts

Here is how much I care

paul999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 paul999
Member since 2003 • 240 Posts
NOOOO!@!@! Dont go to the darkside....
Hells_rebelion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#57 Hells_rebelion
Member since 2003 • 2957 Posts
Console gaming isn't bad....This guy just made it seem like you can't play both.
MarioJP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 MarioJP_
Member since 2008 • 319 Posts

so does this thread

Thread Ends

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#59 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
Hell be back.,.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

Why dont you go for a PS3?

Most everything on PC is also on 360, except for Halo and Gears (but who wants to play that?).

PS3 has a lot of game PC does not. Plus its got built-in bluray iirc.

schesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 schesak
Member since 2006 • 711 Posts

The 360 is basically a PC that you can't upgrade, is less configurable and tweakable, and has (what I consider) a worse control mechanism. Most of the best 360 games are also available on the PC. What exactly does it offer you that's better again, as I don't see it?

I'm not just a PC-gamer, mind you, I also do console games. I just prefer the PC platform. The Xbox and 360, out of all the consoles of the last 2 generations, are the only ones I do not own...they don't bring anything to the table that I don't already have without them. The other two major consoles (Wii and PS3) offer things you don't get with PC gaming, but imho, the 360 does not.

Mind you, I have nothing against either X-Box or X360. For someone who isn't into PC gaming (for whatever reason), the 360 is probably the best first-choice for a console purely do to the shear number of titles available on the platform.

pilouuuu2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#62 pilouuuu2004
Member since 2004 • 1075 Posts

Oh, I'm so sad for you...

Now you'll have exclusives, that's true. But those "exclusives" will be in the PC in a few months with better graphics. PCs will be getting better and you won't be able to upgrade. We will be able to watch movies in Blu Ray but you won't. We can surf the web in a decent explorer like Firefox. We can use mouse and keyboard. And... you hate gamepads, but even so you will move to the 360?? Also PC games are cheaper, so if you think that you are saving money, maybe in the long term you are not.

Why not try to have the PC and a Wii. At least the Wii have real exclusives, with a really different and innovative control method.

It's not late to come back, but if not as most people said before me, it's your lost!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

Oh, I'm so sad for you...

Now you'll have exclusives, that's true. But those "exclusives" will be in the PC in a few months with better graphics. PCs will be getting better and you won't be able to upgrade. We will be able to watch movies in Blu Ray but you won't. We can surf the web in a decent explorer like Firefox. We can use mouse and keyboard. And... you hate gamepads, but even so you will move to the 360?? Also PC games are cheaper, so if you think that you are saving money, maybe in the long term you are not.

Why not try to have the PC and a Wii. At least the Wii have real exclusives, with a really different and innovative control method.

It's not late to come back, but if not as most people said before me, it's your lost!

pilouuuu2004

good idea, and the Wii is only 250 bucks compared to 400 for a 360 or PS3.

Avatar image for aoshi_shinumori
aoshi_shinumori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 aoshi_shinumori
Member since 2006 • 791 Posts
if you plan to buy a console. choose one that is a lot diffrent compared to a pc. like the poster above me said. the x360 is like a pc you can't upgrade. they almost have the same games. if you plan on really buying a console. rethink it and post your specs here. we'll then think of a good upgrade for you instead of using your money on the 360.
Kentisc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Kentisc
Member since 2008 • 469 Posts

We will miss you

Avatar image for mechwarrior_bob
mechwarrior_bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#66 mechwarrior_bob
Member since 2006 • 1789 Posts

*searches area*

:( No Death Rayz? :( why? WHY? :cry:

supermario.......where hath thou gone!

wood_duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67 wood_duck
Member since 2007 • 990 Posts
Wait, so your ditching the Pc for its handicapped and unwanted sibling?
Adrianstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68 Adrianstalker
Member since 2008 • 1467 Posts

Yeah, you surely dont deserve the glory that is PC gaming

So, enjoy your console

Cdscottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#69 Cdscottie
Member since 2004 • 1872 Posts

You know, I use to care if someone was quiting PC Gaming but these topics are up there with the "St0p p1r@cy!!!1!" ones. I could care less and think that someone quiting PC Gaming should do it on your own will and not advertise it to the world. Think about it, if you have to tell the PC Gamer community that you are quiting either A) You are having second thoughts and want the community support to convince you to stay or B) Never was a TRUE PC gamer and just wanted to piss some people off. I have a feeling it is option B.

Either way, so long and thanks for all of the fish.

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Good luck with the 360, dude.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
What is wrong with PC gaming? It is a different experience than what is available on consoles and only adds to the total experience you get from gaming. I have a 360 and am planning on getting a new PC in the near future and I've already justified my purchase of my 360 with Dead Rising, Mass Effect (which I will also be getting on PC and playing through several times), Forza Motorsport 2, Braid and Devil May Cry 4 with only more games like Rock Band 2 and Bayonetta that are coming out later down the road.

I guess it's good for you that you will be missing out.
bedram793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#72 bedram793
Member since 2006 • 1741 Posts

Why dont you go for a PS3?

Most everything on PC is also on 360, except for Halo and Gears (but who wants to play that?).

PS3 has a lot of game PC does not. Plus its got built-in bluray iirc.

mrbojangles25

Actually the PC has Gears...

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 attirex
Member since 2007 • 2468 Posts

The reason he posted is "I'm leaving PC gaming" thread is so we could talk him out of it. My guess is OP hasn't even bought a 360 yet.

/lame

djalmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#74 djalmax
Member since 2007 • 188 Posts
I don't believe you're doing the right thing, but it's up to you to decide about your life anyway!
WhiteTigerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 WhiteTigerX
Member since 2007 • 70 Posts

Damn fool, leaving PC... Damn fool for an xbox?

Trade a PC for ...an xbox? dear mother of god... this guy is NUTS! Nuts and a traitor, a deserter.

Im using a PC since 98 man, im gonna die using a PC, no way i would trade for soem crappy console.

And you dont need Ninja PC, do like I do, every year upgrade 2 things, (birthday and Christmas xD) It is not expensive and it is a good way to play everything, The same thing Stalin did in Soviet Union, he putted all money in something, and then when it was "upgrade" it went for another industry and so on , altho it kinda failed, but in this case it is a win win situation.

Each year upgrade 1-2 parts, and done, no wasting money. BUT NEVER, EVER GO FOR AN XBOX, or PS3, if you want so bad, then get a WII, but never go for xbox.