Samsung 52M87BD vs Sharp Aquos LC-52XD1E

This topic is locked from further discussion.

3_Doors_Down

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 3_Doors_Down
Member since 2004 • 1228 Posts

On the one hand the Samsung has great black levels and better connectivity but suffers from quite a bit of motion handling issues, on the other we have the Sharp with it's incredibly crisp FHD picture and overall great capabilities but lesser connectivity with only two HDMI ports and no dedicated component jack.

Any thoughts? Any owners of either these here?

snakeofsolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 snakeofsolid
Member since 2005 • 2140 Posts

On the one hand the Samsung has great black levels and better connectivity but suffers from quite a bit of motion handling issues, on the other we have the Sharp with it's incredibly crisp FHD picture and overall great capabilities but lesser connectivity with only two HDMI ports and no dedicated component jack.

3_Doors_Down

i dont either one of those, but can you tell me wether those are plasmas or LCDs? if its between LCD and plasma, def go for the LCD if your gonna be gaming, plasmas have a shorter lifespan, and have the possibility of image burn in.

boyinfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 boyinfridge
Member since 2006 • 1796 Posts
[QUOTE="3_Doors_Down"]

snakeofsolid

i dont either one of those, but can you tell me wether those are plasmas or LCDs? if its between LCD and plasma, def go for the LCD if your gonna be gaming, plasmas have a shorter lifespan, and have the possibility of image burn in.

do not listen to this person they have no clue what they are talking about, where as I know exactly what you mean I was looking at exactly the same decision and ended up going with the latest panasonic plasma viera instead.

If I really hadn't got the panny then I would have gone with the sharpe, a much better picture all around if you are going to be watching SD TV channels then you will be better off here the samsung had quite a lot of artifacts on screen compared the sharpe and when I watched football on it the players and the ball had a lot of mosquito noise, things you might not notice unless you are really close up but once you do you keep seeing them.

ebkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 ebkboy
Member since 2005 • 390 Posts
i agree with you. to me the lcds had to pixelation at bigger sizes. i had a 52 inch samsung 65 series lcd and it was nice but i ended up going back with a 60 bravia a3000