residnet evil 6 9.0

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Conansoulreaver
Conansoulreaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Conansoulreaver
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

resident evil 6? why the low marks? i dont understand the problem?

history lesson.

resident evil. the god father of survival horror. number 3 nemesis sucked. so they re-vamped and made 4. the stand and shoot was gone. epic game. but the die hard ressy fans moaned so, and god bless em, capcom listened. so in number 5 they went back to old school stand and shoot. just to keep there fans happy. then everyone moaned about no.5. so capcom in there infinite wisdom listened to the fans again. and went back to the re4 engine. move while you shoot. and the game got lame reviews everywhere? i dont understand it. ive just finished chris's campaign and it was epic. just started leon's with traditional zombies. proper resy style hard. i would give this game a 9 out of 10. at least 40 hours of gameplay. story is fantastic. a few bugs but they will get ironed out. i think this is the greatest ressy game yet. the story has evolved, the game has evolved? what is your problem? (sorry for spelling. im a bit disfuxik

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Are people still butthurt over this?

Seriously folks, it's an arbitrary number. Don't let it demolish your anus like this.

Twisted14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Twisted14
Member since 2007 • 3497 Posts

If you actually read the reviews rather than just look at the score then you would understand the problem.

This right here is the problem, everybody gets so hung up on scores that they won't even bother to actually read the review. And hey plenty of sites now offer video reviews so you don't have to read. I am not saying that in a negative way, I always take advantage of video reviews whenever they are available.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
Nemesis was the last Resident Evil worth mentioning actually, after that the series went towards the quality of the movies, sht.
bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts
It doesnt matter that resident evil went "action" (or as you call it, an evolution of the series) . It was pretty much that way in RE5... The problem is, everything new that RE6 tried to do, it did it extremely badly. RE6 wasnt good at being an action game or survival horror. It failed on every front.
mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#6 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

Nemesis was the last Resident Evil worth mentioning actually, after that the series went towards the quality of the movies, sht.DanielDust

Agreed.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

resident evil 1, 2 and 3 were awesome and resident evil 4 was better than most shooters. 5 and 6 were both negatives though.

RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

Resident Evil 6 is the worse entry in the series after the god-awful Operation Racoon City. It was so boring that made me reinstall Resident Evil 5 to get some decent action.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#9 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Resident Evil 6 is the worse entry in the series after the god-awful Operation Racoon City. It was so boring that made me reinstall Resident Evil 5 to get some decent action.

RyuRanVII

Cosign, worst of the series by far and if it wasn't for The WarZ and Aliens CM this would be the worst game of the last 5-10 years for me.

new_gamer244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 new_gamer244
Member since 2011 • 338 Posts

You are right,....just what i think. this is a good game, it has issues (menu gui, the camera sucks, and it still has the stiff movement of the 90's) but overall it had the best production in a game ever. 4 long campaingns and epic bosses

feverberries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 feverberries
Member since 2013 • 281 Posts
i consider myself a RE fan, and i think RE4 is the best one gameplay wise. sure, the older ones are classics, but i think it improved in RE4. didn't like RE5 though.
gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

RE1,2,3,CV,4 - Amazing
RE5 - Good
RE6 - Not so great 

Raxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 Raxzor
Member since 2003 • 5399 Posts

The last good RE game for me was Code Veronica. 

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bonafidetk

You are right,....just what i think. this is a good game, it has issues (menu gui, the camera sucks, and it still has the stiff movement of the 90's) but overall it had the best production in a game ever. 4 long campaingns and epic bosses

new_gamer244
I dont think production values and game length indicate the quality of a game at all.
mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#15 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

[QUOTE="new_gamer244"]

bonafidetk

I dont think production values and game length indicate the quality of a game at all.

Yea, it's like saying a Michael Bay movie is awesome because of the explosions.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I give the game a 7.0 because I like the visuals and the combat. However, some of the scripted sequences are either boring or broken. The story is also beyond terrible.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

The last good RE game for me was Code Veronica. 

Raxzor
This. +1
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#18 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

The game is far from a 9.0...

rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
It's pretty far from a 9.0 in my opinion, I'm trying to go through the campaign right now but it feels like a chore.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

Huh... my friend and I have been pretty much playing only this game since it was released.  It's really one of the best purchases I've made over the past few years, and a great co-op experience.  It's just been a ton of fun.  Overall I like it better than RE5 as well, but 5 still does have some mechanics I miss; item sharing, inventory system, for example.

The controls aren't perfect or anything, but it hasn't really hampered the experience.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts
Worst RE game in the history of RE. That being said , I still enjoyed it
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#22 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Worst RE game in the history of RE. That being said , I still enjoyed itultraking
Resident Evil Survivor exist.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts

[QUOTE="ultraking"]Worst RE game in the history of RE. That being said , I still enjoyed itmitu123

Resident Evil Survivor exist.

shoot. I forgot about that one
gantarat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gantarat
Member since 2012 • 146 Posts

People Resident Evil 6 is CG-Movie NOT GAME.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

I think most would agree that Resident Evil 6 was a letdown with the series ending (in quality) with either 3 or 4 (though revelations was still a good game, and quite frankly, it is the game RE6 SHOULD have been).

Anyway, I really hope this backlash taught Capcom a lesson, as much as I doubt it.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bonafidetk

Huh... my friend and I have been pretty much playing only this game since it was released.  It's really one of the best purchases I've made over the past few years, and a great co-op experience.  It's just been a ton of fun.  Overall I like it better than RE5 as well, but 5 still does have some mechanics I miss; item sharing, inventory system, for example.

The controls aren't perfect or anything, but it hasn't really hampered the experience.

MyopicCanadian
of course, any mechanically sound co-op game is as fun as the person you're playing it with, but as a game itself, RE6 fails on every level.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

If you actually read the reviews rather than just look at the score then you would understand the problem.

This right here is the problem, everybody gets so hung up on scores that they won't even bother to actually read the review. And hey plenty of sites now offer video reviews so you don't have to read. I am not saying that in a negative way, I always take advantage of video reviews whenever they are available.

Twisted14
This right here.