Resident Evil 4 (PC) graphics patch question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

Hey guys, so I just picked up a copy of RE4 for PC, and I know that isn't the BEST choice, but it was my only option. Absolutely love this game but PC was the only system I could use to play it. I heard that there were patches to make the graphics looks better... I haven't really noticed any problems (to me anything made before 2006 looks like crap now, and this was a port of a 2005 game) but the problem is that they are all user made, and I don't want to corrupt my RE4 file or my computer...

So if anyone knows of a place where I can get a good, reliable patch, or if there was an official one made by ubisoft, that would be awesome. I use a gamepad so I don't need the whole mouse support patch I heard about. I like my controller more believe it or not, since I feel like that is the way the game was supposed to be played. So yeah, if you know where I can get a good texture upgrade, awesome, if not I don't really think the graphics look too bad.

Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Mystic-G
Member since 2006 • 6462 Posts

Chances are there wasn't a graphics patch. Rarely do a games ever receive a visual upgrade through a official patch outside the realm of MMOs. Chances are the best thing you can look for is a user made graphics upgrade. I recommend reading feedback and checking youtube for it before you try one tho.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Essian

Chances are there wasn't a graphics patch. Rarely do a games ever receive a visual upgrade through a official patch outside the realm of MMOs. Chances are the best thing you can look for is a user made graphics upgrade. I recommend reading feedback and checking youtube for it before you try one tho.

Mystic-G
honestly, though I see why people complain, it really doesn't bug me that much. If there was an official patch I would get it, but it's not enough of an improvement (and from the screenshots, not enough of an upgrade) for me to go bother with it. The cutscenes bug me a tad more than the gameplay, since the cutscenes have some REALLY rough edges to some objects/character models... still, its not terrible, and after playing RE5/God of War 3/Uncharted 2, I think pretty much everything else is ugly now :P
Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Baconbits2004
Member since 2009 • 12602 Posts
The user one definitely won't corrupt your computer, if for some reason it does mess up your game... I'm pretty sure you could just re-install it. :P
Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Essian
The user one definitely won't corrupt your computer, if for some reason it does mess up your game... I'm pretty sure you could just re-install it. :PBaconbits2004
still not worth the hassle, but maybe I'll change my mind later... thanks though!
hypoty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hypoty
Member since 2009 • 2825 Posts

There's a official 1.1 patch by Ubisoft, but the only redeeming factor with the PC version of RE4 is the mods. Here's a video of the texture patch in action (with links in the description), it really does make a huge difference.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I use the texture 2.0 (user made) patch and it makes the game look noticeably better. No issues so far.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts
Can yo take and upload a screen shot of what your game looks like i remember my copy looked worse then ps2 version since it didn't have the lightning when i patched it looked better but lagged on my integrated.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

This is where you go to find all the graphic mods. Theres tons and tons of them. Register and ask around too.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Can yo take and upload a screen shot of what your game looks like i remember my copy looked worse then ps2 version since it didn't have the lightning when i patched it looked better but lagged on my integrated.DJ_Headshot

there was a patch where it did add the GC lighting but it was still missing a few features. I took a few SS and posted them in SW before. I'll go find them.

EDIT: FOund it!

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

Thats from mods I found at the forum I linked. Only found one image. I can upload more if you'd like