Republic Commando is fun.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Skeptomania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Skeptomania
Member since 2004 • 8104 Posts
Got it a few days ago off Ebay for $14. Singleplayer is fun. FPS fans who haven't played it and want a good bargain should at least try the demo. Games starts slow but gets real fun soon.
decilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 decilling
Member since 2005 • 575 Posts
only problem with it is its to hard lol
sabazios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 sabazios
Member since 2004 • 226 Posts
Ah it's not too bad, yes. It's well-paced. There's only one outstanding moment though: the arrival on the haunted space-ship, you'll see, the atmosphere is amazing. I had no idea Star Wars could do that (but then I don't like Star Wars, and I can't stand Star Wars fanboy).
A-S_FM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 A-S_FM
Member since 2004 • 2208 Posts
i really loved the demo, so i bought the full game

the more i played the actual game, though, the less i enjoyed it

i ended up quitting it about three quarters in

there's definite appeal for star wars fans, but as a general shooter - i don't think it's so great
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

I played the full sp RC and gotta agree its really fun yet underated FPS game ... IMO.

They should make RC 2 now.

Zorgol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Zorgol
Member since 2004 • 114 Posts

I bought it a few weeks ago and played through it, it was pretty fun even if some parts could get a little dull. And even if the contextual-order-system was smooth it felt a bit constricting.
Overall though, it's a nice game, but it had too few enemy types and too few weapons to play around with.

namuseta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 namuseta
Member since 2005 • 321 Posts
Jeah RC is a good game but its too short i loved the team command system it was great. but mayby too little places where you could give "defence position" commnads
nerd_rock_riot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 nerd_rock_riot
Member since 2005 • 191 Posts
Got it a few days ago off Ebay for $14. Singleplayer is fun. FPS fans who haven't played it and want a good bargain should at least try the demo. Games starts slow but gets real fun soon. Skeptomania
He's right... it might be short but the action is relentless and it looks pretty damn good for how old it is...
gamerchris810

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gamerchris810
Member since 2007 • 2372 Posts
i remember buyin this game on holiday, it was one of the few games i completed, i usally get bored and leave it for another one. but this kept me going wonderful game.
lokstah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lokstah
Member since 2005 • 1213 Posts

Got it a few days ago off Ebay for $14. Singleplayer is fun. FPS fans who haven't played it and want a good bargain should at least try the demo. Games starts slow but gets real fun soon. Skeptomania

I totally agree. It's not perfect, and it's not a crazy technological showcase, but it's extremely well-designed... the developers nailed it. I had more fun playing Republic Commando than I did playing a handful of other much more "important" FPSs of the last few years.

It belongs to the Escape From Butcher Bay club of really fine underdog shooters (now that was a nice one).

Liliroots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Liliroots
Member since 2004 • 1411 Posts
Played it, LOVED it. But it's so short for me. And it's pretty much ALL about shooting.
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
I like it.
nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nevereathim
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts
Played it, LOVED it. But it's so short for me. And it's pretty much ALL about shooting.Liliroots
That's the point of an FPS
Arcadius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Arcadius
Member since 2002 • 959 Posts
Its a great game, but since the story is all but spent, doing a sequel could be out of the question.. And the premise Imperial Commando using stormtroopers as elite special commandos just doesn't sound right.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58340 Posts

Its like GRAW, but set in Star Wars universe.

Oh, and it doesnt suck like GRAW does, and it came out with the idea of 4-man squad combat before GRAW did.  But does RC get any credit?  Nope.

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts
I played the demo, it was a lot of fun.
Gollum92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gollum92
Member since 2006 • 35 Posts
good game, not great though
BloodMist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BloodMist
Member since 2002 • 32922 Posts
I would say RC is a great FPS.Highly underrated.
Jack_Summersby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jack_Summersby
Member since 2005 • 1444 Posts
I am excited for this game - when will NVidia release a patch for the GeForce 8800 GTS? As of now, the game crashes when loading levels.
Terrorantula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#20 Terrorantula
Member since 2007 • 1795 Posts
Problem is that Lucas Arts sucks and so does Star Wars and so does George Lucas.

He shudda just stopped at 3 really great films and not create any plothole books or new films etc etc.
drunken_end

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 drunken_end
Member since 2006 • 593 Posts

[QUOTE="Skeptomania"]Got it a few days ago off Ebay for $14. Singleplayer is fun. FPS fans who haven't played it and want a good bargain should at least try the demo. Games starts slow but gets real fun soon. lokstah

I totally agree. It's not perfect, and it's not a crazy technological showcase, but it's extremely well-designed... the developers nailed it. I had more fun playing Republic Commando than I did playing a handful of other much more "important" FPSs of the last few years.

It belongs to the Escape From Butcher Bay club of really fine underdog shooters (now that was a nice one).

Seconded just for the Butcher Bay part.
TheC0m1ssar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 TheC0m1ssar
Member since 2006 • 1094 Posts

I agree, the game was great. It was fun, and it was one of the tactically-challenging, make-you-think kind of game. Would've been better if it was just for the PC only.

And yes, they should make an RC2... for the PC only.

el_carl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 el_carl
Member since 2006 • 2376 Posts
Problem is that Lucas Arts sucks and so does Star Wars and so does George Lucas.

He shudda just stopped at 3 really great films and not create any plothole books or new films etc etc.Terrorantula
Please, would you stop bashing star wars and let us have a good conversation about a game? I bought this game for xbox, I really liked it, although I thought it was too easy and short.
krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#24 krazyorange
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts
started republic commando right before spring break - it was a great shooter, although pretty easy and simplistic. Imagine an M-rated star wars game - lightsabers would do what they would in reality
el_carl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 el_carl
Member since 2006 • 2376 Posts
started republic commando right before spring break - it was a great shooter, although pretty easy and simplistic. Imagine an M-rated star wars game - lightsabers would do what they would in realitykrazyorange
Well, lightsabers cut, but the are so hot (imagine a laser that big) so they just burn the cut closed. But an m rated star wars game would be great.