DiamondTechie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DiamondTechie
Member since 2019 • 5 Posts

I noticed red/green/blue trails coming off anything when moving the point of view in the game.

It's very obvious and annoying.. I've experienced it a couple times, but most of the time it goes away...

But now in Just Cause 4, with a lot of moving, its pretty annoying.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

@diamondtechie: That looks like graphics artifacts. Check your GPU temp and make sure it is getting proper cooling. Your GPU could also be dying or you have an OC that is too aggressive. Make sure you are running the latest drivers too. Sometimes drivers can fix artifacts. Definitely GPU related and not your monitor.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#3  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

@diamondtechie: What kind of screen are you playing on? What you are describing sounds like the rainbow effect which is common on Plasma and DLP projection screens. You could also be referring to chromatic aberration/colour fringing which is also annoying. Look for an option to turn it off.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@diamondtechie: Sounds like artifacts to me, I think your GPU is dying.

Does this happen in other games? desktop? movies? surfing the web?

DiamondTechie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DiamondTechie

@PredatorRules: @BassMan: A normal 1080p LCD screen.. nothing fancy. This: https://www.benq.com/en-ap/monitor/stylish/gw2270h.html

It fixed automatically by restarting the PC, It doesn't happen in a browser or desktop.

It only happens in games or any 3D application.. And in fast movements. I tried scrolling fast to recreate it but nothing happens still.

I'll try to record it using a phone the next time it happens, should make it a lot easier to identify the issue. Until then, thanks a lot for attempting to help.

WolfAdressBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WolfAdressBox
Member since 2018 • 6 Posts

Okay... I'm not 100% sure but it happens to me when I don't plug correctly or have clean the HDMI end on the screen, I don't have a TV so I used the same screen for everything (Two computers and a Play Station) With different HDMI cables, so might it not be it or it might be! Give a gentle wipe to both ends of anything that connects your video to it and also check where it is connected and be sure it is firmly put there. It also happened to me only when using the GPU... So... Could be! Best luck!

DiamondTechie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DiamondTechie

Hey again, The problem reappeared today while playing Metro Exodus.. This time I got footage of it, I think it's pretty obvious.

https://youtu.be/nT8OV9TyTlM

DiamondTechie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DiamondTechie

My GPU temp is pretty good, and I didn't oc anything. But how do I fix it if it is dying?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@diamondtechie: What is the temp under load?