reasons why it's worth to be a PCgamer in 2007

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Humorguy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1251 Humorguy_basic
Member since 2002 • 2342 Posts
Far too many PC games listed in this thread in the first quarter of this year that have come out in the last quarter of this year have been fairly average. When you look at the long list of games and then look how many disappointed it makes for sad reading. Instead of a fantastic year with 20-30 great games as was said in the beginning of this thread, we will end up with barely 8 or so. This thread needs to change from how great NEXT year will be (ie relying on hype) and start looking back and deciding if we HAD a great year (ie looking at actual games released). Looking back on 2007 you can say, at best, that it was average, with a couple of classics but a whole lot more promised greats that turned out duds. Let's have a debate about how good 2007 was and not start talking, yet again, about how great the future is going to be, when it hasn't happened, and ignoring the truth of what has actually taken place in PC gaming the previous year.
skyyfox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#1252 skyyfox1
Member since 2003 • 13015 Posts
The Witcher seems like an awesome rpg from ATARI. another great reason to be a pc gamer.
knut-am

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#1253 knut-am
Member since 2003 • 1442 Posts
should be a sticker on this, as it is still highly relevant :)
Humorguy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1254 Humorguy_basic

Yes - if you beleive PC gaming is all about the hype and not about the actual games.

You can have a great year every year if all you look at is the hype, but look at the review scores this year of those PC releases and the unit sales of those PC releases and you get a different story. Hype is a truth or lie waiting to happen. PC game review scores and unit sales are the truth only, because they are the fact in this whole process of hype-review-sales.

knut-am

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#1255 knut-am
Member since 2003 • 1442 Posts

^^ i don't want to start any discussion with you humorguy, but i think you may have misunderstood or miss interpret the reasons Mr Adrian Werner has when he make this treads. this is not at all fan boy treads in case you have not noticed. :)

Humorguy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1256 Humorguy_basic

^^ i don't want to start any discussion with you humorguy, but i think you may have misunderstood or miss interpret the reasons Mr Adrian Werner has when he make this treads. this is not at all fan boy treads in case you have not noticed. :)

knut-am

Well knut-am, the reason what I say is important is that as long as we are all drugged up on the hype and do nothing about the reality PC gaming will continue to decline as a gaming format. Numbers announced show that PC game sales were down again in 2007, and outsside of WoW and The Sims, no PC game managed to sell much over 250,000. In 1998 8 titles sold over 1 million untis and 3 of those sold over 3 million units. Take that trend out another 5 years and there is no PC games market to speak of.

Elite-Realist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1257 Elite-Realist
Member since 2007 • 556 Posts
[QUOTE="knut-am"]

Humorguy_basic

We all know why pc gaming is declining :(

Well knut-am, the reason what I say is important is that as long as we are all drugged up on the hype and do nothing about the reality PC gaming will continue to decline as a gaming format. Numbers announced show that PC game sales were down again in 2007, and outsside of WoW and The Sims, no PC game managed to sell much over 250,000. In 1998 8 titles sold over 1 million untis and 3 of those sold over 3 million units. Take that trend out another 5 years and there is no PC games market to speak of.

crozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1258 crozon
Member since 2003 • 1180 Posts
[QUOTE="knut-am"]

Humorguy_basic

sorry dude but the PC dying malarky has got to stop until we get results of sales from digital distribution and world wide sales. once you have those then we can talk about it.

themovi3nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1259 themovi3nut
Member since 2007 • 946 Posts
Yet more proof that PC gaming ain't dyin, far from it. mikemil828
I can not understand why people think that PC gaming is in the decline.
darkSIDEechoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1260 darkSIDEechoes
Member since 2007 • 3375 Posts

The Witcher seems like an awesome rpg from ATARI. another great reason to be a pc gamer.skyyfox1

It is fun

Shimekiri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1261 Shimekiri
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Hehe, IMO FPSs are still PC exclusive, cause the best FPS players are on PC (mouse + keyboard > controller), RTSs are PC exclusive also (to be anywhere near playable)
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1263 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

You guys know its 2009 right? :roll:

pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#1264 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts

Inb4dalock?

alastor_vj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1265 alastor_vj
Member since 2003 • 509 Posts

NECROMANCY

SgtMoreless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1266 SgtMoreless
Member since 2009 • 311 Posts

How do I get the green ones to get the blue ones?

nancystanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1267 nancystanger
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
good list, also counts for now too
Cruxis27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points