Razer Saberooth Elite Gaming Controller

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts

Does anyone here own this controller or know anything in detail regarding the durability of it? I need a good PC game pad and I'm most comfortable with Xbox 360 controllers so I thought this looked like the way to go but peoples opinions seems to be very mixed about the quality of this particular controller. A lot of people complain about their product being faulty and only after limited use but the other half praise it.

It's kind of scaring me out of buying the controller because I don't want to be one of the unlucky ones that has a defective product after a few gaming sessions. Not only that but the price tag for this thing is kind of high for a controller but I figured I'd be getting a quality product since all I've really heard out of Razer were good things. I'm on the fence about it and I need some more opinions.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-controllers/razer-sabertooth/

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Razer is like the racer equivalent of cars.

Just get a 360 controller

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Go with Xbox 360 Wireless controller

unless you need those extra 6 buttons and need to set different types of profiles for one game

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 IvanElk
Member since 2008 • 3798 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Razer is like the racer equivalent of cars.

Just get a 360 controller

do you mean ricer? Because yes, yes it is.

But my 2013 civic si treats me just fine (deathadder 2013 edition :P). Some products are good some are bad, but their drivers universally suck now, they are usable, but not pleasant by any means.

RaZoR500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 RaZoR500
Member since 2005 • 381 Posts

I have had it for a couple of months now. Its much better than the razer onza especially when it comes to durability, but as it was already said if you don't need the extra buttons go with the wired 360 controller. If you want something fancy and good looking get the sabertooth