Race Driver Grid Works with any controller!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dhruv990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 dhruv990
Member since 2007 • 188 Posts

Okay so i was getting confused whether to buy a cheap controller or save up for a x360 controller for windows.

I bought the locally made cheap one and went into settings controls control setup changed the key to custom binding linked the keys to my controller and voila it works like a charm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So u don't need to buy a controller that the game shows as supported, any will do.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
Most games do that
Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Matthew-first
Member since 2005 • 3318 Posts

YOU... ARE.... A GENIUS!
:lol:

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts
Ironically, considering you are treating him like a complete idiot, the first poster is in fact wrong XD Grid does NOT support all controllers, it doesn't even support lots of them, if you found a non-360 controller that worked you were lucky. There are ways of getting any controller to work by editing a couple of files in the game's root folder. Just binding keys in the menu doesn't usually work (does sometimes though.)
dhruv990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dhruv990

In my defence, i never used a joypad to play pc games before(always a keyboard mouse combo) and got really pissed when i saw the way grid handled with them. Then i read the list of supported controllers and felt that i had wasted my money. Then i bought this controller jut for the heck of it. And gave a grid a try. so was very happy that it worked, which is why, in my excitement, i made this post.

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
Yea, very lucky. My Logitech Rumblepad doesn't work at all. I tried the in game menu, edited the the xml/text file, patches, etc.. nothing worked. I even pasted some configuration files from Dirt 2 hoping it would do something, but nothing. I resorted to xpadder. Still, I think it's awesome that it worked out for you!
willx10121013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 willx10121013
Member since 2004 • 300 Posts

Yea, very lucky. My Logitech Rumblepad doesn't work at all. I tried the in game menu, edited the the xml/text file, patches, etc.. nothing worked. I even pasted some configuration files from Dirt 2 hoping it would do something, but nothing. I resorted to xpadder. Still, I think it's awesome that it worked out for you!flipin_jackass

My rumble pad works perfectly in GRID...i suppose it is the rumble pad 2 though, which might make a difference. I so far haven't found one game (that supports gamepads) that didn't work with my rumblepad 2.

Avatar image for RichardStallman
RichardStallman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RichardStallman
Member since 2009 • 1233 Posts
My $5 generic chinese gamepad works in Grid too, works great actually.
dhruv990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dhruv990

Yea, very lucky. My Logitech Rumblepad doesn't work at all. I tried the in game menu, edited the the xml/text file, patches, etc.. nothing worked. I even pasted some configuration files from Dirt 2 hoping it would do something, but nothing. I resorted to xpadder. Still, I think it's awesome that it worked out for you!flipin_jackass
Why dont you try the x360 controller emulator here: Emulator I haven't tried it myself, didnt need to but see if it works.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Grid only works for my controller when it feels like it, but works almost in great fashion with nfs most wanted.

Crappy saitek wireless. Eh, most games are compatible with x360, but are lackluster with other gamepads (they want you to buy their controllers!)