Questions about Min/Max Requirements for PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Moxy3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Moxy3d
Member since 2018 • 15 Posts

I bought a prebuilt PC (GUA2600BST) a week ago. It's an AMD Ryzen 5 1400, 8gb ram, Radeon RX580 4gb gfx card.

Then I learned from a friend about this website "Can you run it?", and after running it to find out if I can run Doom, it said it failed on max requirements and minimum. I ran the same for Skyrim, and I was shocked it said I failed max, but also minimum! Really? A game that came out in 2012??

Can someone tell me why?

Thank you

Mordant221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Mordant221
Member since 2013 • 372 Posts

Looks like the site requires some program called detection to check your specs. I'm not downloading it so I can't help you on why the site said you can't run those games, because with those specs you absolutely can. So ignore that shit and just get the games you wan't. You'll have no problems running any modern game, unless the game is un-optimized for PC, in which case your specs don't matter.

Mordant221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mordant221

Moxy3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Moxy3d

@mordant221: Ok cool. Is this better than the other "Can you run it?" site? Yeah, Skyrim should be a no-brainer with my specs, right?

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

@moxy3d: You'll run Skyrim no problem.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Yeah you can run it.

If it runs slow, turn down any draw distance settings first. You won't miss them so much and it makes a huuuuuuuuuuuuge difference.

And if you're comfortable, you can do some quick research and then edit the .ini file and customize it to a higher degree than the in-game settings allow.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

Just ignore that shitty site and play the games you like. You'll learn what settings, if any, that you may need to adjust up/down to fit in your own personal acceptable playable level.

I tend to play most of my games across a resolution of 5760x1080, which 25% behind 4k in terms of pixels. I utilize a GTX 980Ti. I tend to turn down the shadows first to medium or low (if they don't look too ugly at low) and then AA/FA settings. After those are turned down/off I then make adjustments to foliage and other minor settings I can live without. I aim for a 50fps+ performance in games on a mix of medium/high settings overall.

A few minutes here and there to tinker with some game settings to get the performance you enjoy, it'll become second nature for you. Just ignore stupid sites like those "Can you run it" and you'll do just fine.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

basically ignore that sh***y site and for what is worth it ignore all "can you ran it " sites since they are usually next to useless.

You have a decent mid range pc that will run any current game at high settings at 1080p and 60fps easily let alone a game from 2010

Mordant221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mordant221

@moxy3d: Yes it's a no brainier, just play the game yourself and you'll see. You have an RX580, which is technically more powerful than a PS4Pro. You'll be fine till the next gen of consoles come out, at least at 1080p 60fps.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Can you run it is shit, people should stop using it

Moxy3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Moxy3d

@adamosmaki: I agree with you for the most part. However, I've actually been having trouble with the Sims 3 now. Yet another old game from few years ago. I have MAJOR screen tearing going on. Plus I'm getting around 35FPS each time its a crowded scene. I would love to know what is going on.

I even heard that a PC like a Ryzen threadripper with 1080i gfx card and 16gb can't run this game at highest settings!