Quake 4 gamepad input

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Witty9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Witty9999
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Hi,

i just bought myself a Gamepad for my pc, it looks like a XBOX controller. its a XUSB gamepad.

anywho, i want to play quake 4 with my gamepad, but how do i input the gamepad device onto my game?

their is nothing in the setting in the game about gamepads.

Thanx

N3xus9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 N3xus9
Member since 2004 • 566 Posts

Why on earth would you want to play a FPS on PC with a game pad??????

Keyboard and mouse!!! Anything less is sacrilege for a FPS

Witty9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Witty9999
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I dunno, i like gamepads....... to much Playstation for me :-)

and i know that all the keys on the keyboard is much more if u play it with the gamepad.....

Just thought ya'll know how to. but is their a way?

Oom_Gert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -5

#4 Oom_Gert
Member since 2004 • 161 Posts
I don't know why you would wanna play an PC FPS with a controller, sure some functions would be easier but nothing beats a mouse in the aiming department. And I dont think you can setup a controller in quake.
FamiBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FamiBox
Member since 2007 • 5481 Posts

I've been through all of this.

After playing games with a controller all my life I finally got into PC gaming.

At first I couldn't understand why so many PC games didn't allow you to use a controller.

I saw the keyboard as a tool for typing and nothing more. I just couldn't see how it could be better than a gamepad. "This was never designed for playing games" I thought to myself.

So, I started using a combination of gamepad and mouse... after this I realised that using a mouse was far superior for FPS and most other games.

After a bit more time I just gave up and went with using mouse and keyboard all the time.

Now I understand why it is so much better.

I feel kind of stupid that I didn't appreciate using mouse and keyboard to play games before. But it's better late than never.

I would suggest to anyone getting into PC gaming to just go with mouse and keyboard. You'll get used to it, and when you do you'll realise just how good it is. And you won't waste all your time trying to get your PC games working with a gamepad.