ps3 to home theater HDMI?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jazast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 jazast
Member since 2003 • 1200 Posts

will i be able to hook this home theater system up to my PS3 using an HDMI cable?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8815133&type=product&id=1206749659170

if i can't could you point me in the direction to another home theater set that will?

i have a ps3 and hdtv and want a home theater system, but only want to use HDMI because of the better quality.

DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts

Yes you can - I have mine set up that way. You just need to make sure that your home theater reciever is HDCP compliant for the HDMI port - as long as it has that spec - you will be good to go.

:)

dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts
You will need to get an optical toslink cable for your audio output with that receiver, to your ps3.
killerbasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 killerbasa
Member since 2005 • 860 Posts
Or if your TV has an optical output on it then ur set, just HDMI ps3 --> TV then Optical TV --> reciever. Thats only if ur TV has optical out, and im sure it does because most HDMI tv's have them.
Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

I wouldn't buy that setup, you will end up regretting it immediately.

For one, it doesn't have an optical input, so any of the above suggestions to do that are basically useless and the HDMI on it is only an output for the DVD player built into it.

Your best bet is to find a Home Theatre solution that includes a receiver, something that is meant to receive multiple signals, not one of these POS DVD systems that can only do surround through the DVD player.

I would recommend something like this....it is more expensive, but you will have more versatility.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8743595&type=product&id=1202648988836