Possible New CounterStrike Coming out?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ncderek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 ncderek
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts
I heard it might come out with HL2 Ep 3, that would be awesome
lucky326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lucky326
Member since 2006 • 3799 Posts
Valve are currently in the middle of Beta Testing Day of Defeat on the Orange Box Source Engine and after that they intend to do the same with CS:S.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#3 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
yeah cs:s is coming to the new source engine, although I'm sure they are working on more cs.
Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts
Is there a big difference between the two source engines? They're just going to make an update right (and not a new game)?
rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts
Well DoD is just getting an upgrade so its not a new game. There has been no news on a new CS. They are always thining about it though...whatever that means. Dont give the kid false hope. Anyways I do not know who would make the new CS since the team that was behind the original CS is doing Left 4 Dead at the moment.
biswajit90210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 biswajit90210
Member since 2006 • 511 Posts
even if they do make a new game what else can they do wth it??i mean its still gona be terrorists and counter terrorists..so what else can they do wtih it??any ideas??
SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SuperBeast
Member since 2002 • 13229 Posts

even if they do make a new game what else can they do wth it??i mean its still gona be terrorists and counter terrorists..so what else can they do wtih it??any ideas??biswajit90210

They could do quite a bit with it. Along with the upgraded source engine, I'd imagine they could add new game modes, in-game stats/upgrades (all the rage right now).. ect. Hell just those few things alone would sell hundreds of thousands of copies at $20 or $30 each. It's also possible they could be making an entire SP campaign (not just bots) with a story and co-op modes. Either way I seriously doubt Valve is having problems with ideas on what they could do.

scorched1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 scorched1992
Member since 2006 • 324 Posts

I heard it might come out with HL2 Ep 3, that would be awesomencderek

A new Counter Strike is being made. Whether it will come out in a HL2 ep.3, portal 2, and new Counter Strike is just a rumor but still a possiblity.

Xxgood-timesXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Xxgood-timesXx
Member since 2008 • 726 Posts
sounds good, but ill stick with my 1.6 :D
Nikalai_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nikalai_88
Member since 2006 • 1755 Posts

[QUOTE="biswajit90210"]even if they do make a new game what else can they do wth it??i mean its still gona be terrorists and counter terrorists..so what else can they do wtih it??any ideas??SuperBeast

They could do quite a bit with it. Along with the upgraded source engine, I'd imagine they could add new game modes, in-game stats/upgrades (all the rage right now).. ect. Hell just those few things alone would sell hundreds of thousands of copies at $20 or $30 each. It's also possible they could be making an entire SP campaign (not just bots) with a story and co-op modes. Either way I seriously doubt Valve is having problems with ideas on what they could do.

Stats and RPG elements would entirely ruin CS.

solid_mario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 solid_mario
Member since 2005 • 3144 Posts

[QUOTE="biswajit90210"]even if they do make a new game what else can they do wth it??i mean its still gona be terrorists and counter terrorists..so what else can they do wtih it??any ideas??SuperBeast

Get new people in for the cost of the old ones. If they put in upgrades then I will quit there and then. Achievements I don't mind for TF2 because it fits in with the game. Upgrades for CSS would destroy the balance of it. New games modes would be nice actually, something to spice up dust 2 for a bit :lol: . Co-op sp would be awesome. If it had a really great story line or maybe a story line for each model ie One for the SAS ct, one for the Phoenix t etc.
Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
They're probably upping it to the Orange Box verison of the Source Engine after they've finished beta testing Day of Defeat Source on the OB Source engine.
Should be good when they do.
raptortank4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 raptortank4
Member since 2008 • 152 Posts
I'd love to see CS come out with a bunch of new perks and etc. It doesn't even need to necessarily be an entirely new game :D
lucky326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lucky326
Member since 2006 • 3799 Posts
Is there a big difference between the two source engines? They're just going to make an update right (and not a new game)?Mochyc
It should look a lot better, I expect requirements to increase for it. And I would expect Valve throw a few extra's in with it. And yes it is expected to be a Free update but you never know what could happen.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

[QUOTE="Mochyc"]Is there a big difference between the two source engines? They're just going to make an update right (and not a new game)?lucky326
It should look a lot better, I expect requirements to increase for it. And I would expect Valve throw a few extra's in with it. And yes it is expected to be a Free update but you never know what could happen.

It won't be a lot better, just a little, nothing major and I don't think they will make anything extra, maybe a patch because it's been some time since the last CS patch. It will be a free update because it won't be a new game. For now I have in my list DoD:S Beta and DoD:S so it's clear that when the game will get over the Beta stage it will replace the old DoD:S and the same thing will happen with CS:S too, without paying for anything.