Play FarCry Without Advertisements!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

raf4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 raf4000
Member since 2004 • 252 Posts
Thats right, There is a way to play FarCry [Ad Supported]version without the enoying advertisments!

This guide will show you a very simple way to remove the advertisments and make the gameplay more realistic and fun.

http://www.hdvg.net/pc/play_farcry_without_advertisements_.html

This is a realy good way to get the advertisments off the free version of FarCry, and takes seconds.

If you dont know you can get FarCry for free you can get it Here.

Hope you all enjoy :)

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
What is this ad-supported version of Far Cry? Is it legal?
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
Its a mod so I guess its legal
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts

Its a mod so I guess its legalLonelynight

I mean like the free version itself... seems totally legal. Ubisoft also apparently released PoP Sands of Time and some Rayman game for free with ads.

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts

[QUOTE="Lonelynight"]Its a mod so I guess its legalFunkyhamster

I mean like the free version itself... seems totally legal. Ubisoft also apparently released PoP Sands of Time and some Rayman game for free with ads.

Ghost Recon too.

I installed the 64-bit patch and I have no ads either.

Galzakian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 Galzakian
Member since 2004 • 5160 Posts

Yes it's legal.

darkfox101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 darkfox101
Member since 2004 • 7055 Posts
OR u can just RUN fraps, oddly turned off all ads.. no need to record or anything.. just run it in the background
skinnypete91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 skinnypete91
Member since 2006 • 6022 Posts

OR u can just RUN fraps, oddly turned off all ads.. no need to record or anything.. just run it in the backgrounddarkfox101

Really? I've had FRAPS running while playing, maybe thats why I wasnt seeing any ads, awesome! :D

Skullheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Skullheart
Member since 2006 • 2054 Posts
Thats right, There is a way to play FarCry [Ad Supported]version without the enoying advertisments!

This guide will show you a very simple way to remove the advertisments and make the gameplay more realistic and fun.

This is a realy good way to get the advertisments off the free version of FarCry, and takes seconds.

raf4000

I tried Far Cry after downloading it and I must say I have no idea what the hype was ever about. This game reminds me of something I would buy for 5 dollars. The voice acting is horrible (the dialogue is far worse), the game in general just feels really slow to me, and the fact that you can't quick save absolutely drives me insane.

niko44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 niko44
Member since 2004 • 2281 Posts
The advertisements are what makes it free...Removing them would be just like pirating the game.
WraithsLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 WraithsLotus
Member since 2005 • 554 Posts

OR u can just RUN fraps, oddly turned off all ads.. no need to record or anything.. just run it in the backgrounddarkfox101

so thats why i have no ads in my farcry or GR? lol thats awesome i have ads in rayman tho

scaygoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 scaygoo
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts
curious about farcry game advert. is the advert visible only during the menu or throughout the game?like billboard smack in the middle of the jungle, at sea? or like some browser advert thats pops out during the gameplay?
raf4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 raf4000

I tried Far Cry after downloading it and I must say I have no idea what the hype was ever about. This game reminds me of something I would buy for 5 dollars. The voice acting is horrible (the dialogue is far worse), the game in general just feels really slow to me, and the fact that you can't quick save absolutely drives me insane.

it came out almost 4 years ago, what do you expect

firefly026

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 firefly026
Member since 2005 • 3270 Posts
Awesome, I've been looking for a guide to take the ads out. I wasn't able to find any video files in the game's folder. Thanks!
WraithsLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WraithsLotus

curious about farcry game advert. is the advert visible only during the menu or throughout the game?like billboard smack in the middle of the jungle, at sea? or like some browser advert thats pops out during the gameplay? scaygoo

Just menus lol i think, i had fraps on the whole time i was playing

kyrieee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kyrieee
Member since 2007 • 978 Posts

You shouldn't feel any better for yourself removing the ads than pirating

What's that weird background? That wasn't in the retail version. It's just a screenshot and not some real time render right?

firefly026

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 firefly026
[QUOTE="raf4000"]Thats right, There is a way to play FarCry [Ad Supported]version without the enoying advertisments!

Skullheart

It's funny, I somewhat agree. AI isn't smart, voice acting is horrid, and the weapons are generic, although I find myself enjoying the game more and more as I play. If it weren't for the open ended gameplay, I wouldn't have it installed on my system. I guess if I had played it back in 2004 I would have been more impressed.
kyrieee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kyrieee
Member since 2007 • 978 Posts
Erm, the AI is much better than in most games. Maybe you're playing on easy?!
syx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 syx
Member since 2003 • 27860 Posts

I just bought a whole legal copy of the game on DVD for $10(oem), even came with the 64bit version and latest patches.

Screw ads.

creato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 creato
Member since 2006 • 71 Posts
WOW,this is fantastic thank you verry much.
Skullheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Skullheart
Member since 2006 • 2054 Posts

raf4000

it came out almost 4 years ago, what do you expect

Dude, I get more from games that came out 10 years ago. Good old fashioned SNES RPGs are badass. Games like Chrono Cross on the Playstation gave 110% more effort than Far Cry. Besides from it's graphics, I don't see what's special about it, or why people hyped it so damn much.

FasterlilT0ny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FasterlilT0ny
Member since 2006 • 103 Posts
[QUOTE="Funkyhamster"]

[QUOTE="Lonelynight"]Its a mod so I guess its legalRK-Mara

Ghost Recon too.

Which Ghost Recon?

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts
[QUOTE="raf4000"]Thats right, There is a way to play FarCry [Ad Supported]version without the enoying advertisments!

Skullheart

I didnt like it at first either....but the more and more I play it....the more and more I begin to like it.....the open jungle sequences are raelly fun, and give you a lot of options....I dont like the indoor parts as much....but outdoors is very fun.

WraithsLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 WraithsLotus
[QUOTE="RK-Mara"][QUOTE="Funkyhamster"]

[QUOTE="Lonelynight"]Its a mod so I guess its legalFasterlilT0ny

Ghost Recon too.

Which Ghost Recon?

the only ghost recon there is :P

Tehgiggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Tehgiggles
Member since 2006 • 736 Posts
I like the jungle and trying to sneak past etc
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

The advertisements are what makes it free...Removing them would be just like pirating the game.niko44

Yeah all $5 to $10 of the game.. :roll:

Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Herrick
Member since 2004 • 4549 Posts

...the fact that you can't quick save absolutely drives me insane.Skullheart

This is extremely annoying, however there is a way to quicksave and quickload. I don't remember how to do it. I searched for the method a while ago and it worked fine.

I hate when certain games don't allow you to save whenever you want, especially a game that gets as ridiculously difficult as Far Cry.

StephenHu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 StephenHu
Member since 2003 • 2852 Posts
woah, i like the background, anyone have a wallpaper of that?
dchan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dchan01
Member since 2002 • 2768 Posts

[QUOTE="Skullheart"]...the fact that you can't quick save absolutely drives me insane.Herrick

This is extremely annoying, however there is a way to quicksave and quickload. I don't remember how to do it. I searched for the method a while ago and it worked fine.

I hate when certain games don't allow you to save whenever you want, especially a game that gets as ridiculously difficult as Far Cry.

Funny, but I found the inability to quick save and load to be one of my favorite gameplay decisions the developers made. I hate the rapid quick save quick load gameplay that most FPSs encourage. Far Cry fixed this horrible problem. It is the gamer's job to attempt to get through the game as efficiently and creatively as possible. They will try to cheat, steal, kill, and murder their way to the end in ways the designers did not intend. So, simply telling people not to use quick save/load is not a good design option if you want to alieviate the problem.

raf4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 raf4000

You can get a quick save mod, its tiny and makes saving easy

howlrunner13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 howlrunner13
Member since 2005 • 4408 Posts
Why can't I install it! Every time I try to install it it gets to the screen asking for my Ubi.com login information and even though I made an account, when I click "Next" the install screen goes off... and nothing happens. Do I have a bad download or something?
DarKre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DarKre
Member since 2003 • 9529 Posts

The advertisements are what makes it free...Removing them would be just like pirating the game.niko44

I actually have to agree with you on this. I mean we are finally seeing ads in games benefit US the gamer, not just the developer. To many times I see games with ads EVERYWHERE yet the price is always the same! Now we finally get something free.

Ken1a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ken1a
Member since 2006 • 359 Posts
I've already played FarCry through,how is Prince of Persia? It sounds pretty good from what I've read.Are the ads really pretty obnoxious,or are they fairly subdued?
firefly026

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 firefly026
I've already played FarCry through,how is Prince of Persia? It sounds pretty good from what I've read.Are the ads really pretty obnoxious,or are they fairly subdued?Ken1a
They're certainly obnoxious in Far Cry. Every time I died or loaded a level, I had to watch a stupid "Dollar Menunair" ad from McDonalds, enough to drive me insane.
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#35 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

[QUOTE="niko44"]The advertisements are what makes it free...Removing them would be just like pirating the game.DarKre

I actually have to agree with you on this. I mean we are finally seeing ads in games benefit US the gamer, not just the developer. To many times I see games with ads EVERYWHERE yet the price is always the same! Now we finally get something free.

Ads wouldn't be so bad if the game wasn't almost 3 years old. Also they play everytime you quick load a mission so you can actually watch ads more then you get to play if you die too quickly. I actually think that the ads make me less likely to buy their product because it happens so often and the ad is stupid with poor acting.

CplHeadshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 CplHeadshot
Member since 2007 • 50 Posts
If my computer wasn't a metal hunk of crap, I'd be all over these games. :x
onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 onemic
Member since 2003 • 5616 Posts

I DL'ed the far-cry with ads and for some odd reason I got no ads whatsoever in my game. I DL'ed it from fileplanet too.

BTW isn't this like piracy in a way?

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts

I DL'ed the far-cry with ads and for some odd reason I got no ads whatsoever in my game. I DL'ed it from fileplanet too.

BTW isn't this like piracy in a way?

onemic

your using Fraps arent you?

same thing happens to me.

Avatar image for carolynmichelle
carolynmichelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 1

#39 carolynmichelle
Member since 2002 • 4397 Posts

Playing the ad-supported version of Far Cry is legal.

Removing the ads from said version isn't.