pissed off with novatech

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rich639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 rich639
Member since 2004 • 668 Posts

i had saved up for 2 years to finally get a decent pc and bought the parts from novatech. I was also pressured to let them build my pc in exchange for "only" £100. I was also reasured by the fact that it was being built by professionals, also if there was a problem it should be fixed within a week of sending it back to them, the chance of that though were supposedly slim becuiase they test each system vigurously for any problems.

so of course the pc did not work propely randomly crashing with graphical distortion every time i played an fps. I also found out to my horror that they changed my motherboard without telling me to a cheaper model.

Theyre reasoning was that the ram was not compatible with the motherboard that i have selected so that is why they hooked me up with a crappier model.

yet I clearly remember thinking through EVERY part thouroughly before i bought. So i looked again and contacted the manufacturer, the Asus P5N-E SLI Plus has a compatable ram speed of PC2-6400 while the ram which i bought was (surprise, surprise) PC2-6400 speed ram ECC (for refrence the ram was XMS6400 4x1gb). after i sent it back they were having a go at me for picking the "wrong motherboard" and only tried it again after a week (what they did during then i dont know) and finally decided it would work after i said i contacted the manufacturer. It has neraly been two weeks so far and they still havnt fixed my VGU or put any of my pc back together again. I am facing withdrawl symptoms of medieval 2.

how long does it take to build a pc? 2 weeks? if not are they messing me around? thank you

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts
The first time i built a pc it took 8 hours,,,but that wasnt just the hardware, i also installed the os and all my games withing that time,,,,novatech sucks!
Munkyman587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Munkyman587
Member since 2003 • 2007 Posts
I recently built a computer, took about 3 1/2 hours to get all the hardware together, from opening up all the mailing boxes till the time I could press the power button. It takes just as long or longer to get the OS installed, an antivirus, a firewall, productivity software, games, antispyware, firefox, trillian, etc.
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

i had saved up for 2 years to finally get a decent pc and bought the parts from novatech. I was also pressured to let them build my pc in exchange for "only" £100. I was also reasured by the fact that it was being built by professionals, also if there was a problem it should be fixed within a week of sending it back to them, the chance of that though were supposedly slim becuiase they test each system vigurously for any problems.

so of course the pc did not work propely randomly crashing with graphical distortion every time i played an fps. I also found out to my horror that they changed my motherboard without telling me to a cheaper model.

Theyre reasoning was that the ram was not compatible with the motherboard that i have selected so that is why they hooked me up with a crappier model.

yet I clearly remember thinking through EVERY part thouroughly before i bought. So i looked again and contacted the manufacturer, the Asus P5N-E SLI Plus has a compatable ram speed of PC2-6400 while the ram which i bought was (surprise, surprise) PC2-6400 speed ram ECC (for refrence the ram was XMS6400 4x1gb). after i sent it back they were having a go at me for picking the "wrong motherboard" and only tried it again after a week (what they did during then i dont know) and finally decided it would work after i said i contacted the manufacturer. It has neraly been two weeks so far and they still havnt fixed my VGU or put any of my pc back together again. I am facing withdrawl symptoms of medieval 2.

how long does it take to build a pc? 2 weeks? if not are they messing me around? thank you

rich639

Sue right now!! Bastards.

Never trust your PC to ANYONE! Not even God! And building a PC taking 2 weeks? hell no! If you go nice and easy it will take about 10 hours(OS installation included)

stevev87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 stevev87
Member since 2007 • 190 Posts

I also found out to my horror that they changed my motherboard without telling me to a cheaper model.

rich639

I'd of thought the best thing would of been to change the RAM not the M/B, so i'g give them hell about that. If they are "professionals" it should only take a few days dependin on how many other computers they have to do aswell.

Also they can't really change the m/b if thats what u chose and paid for as that would be illegal, they have to supply equal, or better performance, they can't supply worse.

Riki101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Riki101
Member since 2004 • 2339 Posts
[QUOTE="rich639"]

rogerjak

Never trust your PC to ANYONE! Not even God! And building a PC taking 2 weeks? hell no! If you go nice and easy it will take about 10 hours(OS installation included)

1 hour gets me done with building a pc
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
[QUOTE="rogerjak"][QUOTE="rich639"]

Riki101

1 hour gets me done with building a pc

Well, you are a pro. But that was my 1st built ever, So I went nice and easy.
Avatar image for ticktocktick201
ticktocktick201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 ticktocktick201
Member since 2004 • 999 Posts
it took 2 hours to BUILD my second pc