Piracy: Consoles vs. PC

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cdscottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 Cdscottie
Member since 2004 • 1872 Posts
[QUOTE="missjenny69"][QUOTE="TerroRizing"]

apparently the eb games in my area sells pirated pc games for $30, even more reason to hate them!

polarwrath11
LOL I agree. I'm in the same boat !

An eb games sells pirated games? As in, actual pirated copies? Thats madness lol.

Nah, an EB Games in my area were selling used Team Fortress 2, Orange Box, Half-Life 2, and the like. I brought them up to the counter and asked them about them and how the customer would be able to use them. They told me that they would inform the customer that there is the risk that the game won't work. The next day, all of the steam activated games were removed from the used games shelves.
mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts
Doing a simple torrent search shows that Piracy on PC is FAR bigger than all consoles combined. Recently checking on MW2, it has a couple hundred thousand leeching at any given time and that number is growing. The 360 isn't even in the same ballpark. The same could be said about every PC game out there, it's ridiculous how many freeloaders there are out there. On console, there might be piracy, but the large amount of sales seem to quiet the console piracy discussion. The only reason why we hear so much about PC piracy is because our platform sells poorly, and piracy is higher, relative to consoles in general. If the PC platform started competing in sales, we'd hear less about piracy plain and simple.
Revan_911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#53 Revan_911
Member since 2007 • 1709 Posts

Since when is GTA IV terrible for the PC? Have you even played it to comment? If you have a decent rig it will run three to four times better than the consoles. Especially now that the game is patched. Get your head out of your ass and go on the X360 forum and talk about which is da best game evah MW 2 or Halo 3.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#54 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

Since when is GTA IV terrible for the PC? Have you even played it to comment? If you have a decent rig it will run three to four times better than the consoles. Especially now that the game is patched. Get your head out of your ass and go on the X360 forum and talk about which is da best game evah MW 2 or Halo 3.

Revan_911
Since always, everyone is saying that. My rig: AMD Phenom II x4 3.2 ghz quad core black edition, Nvidia 9800GTX+ 4GB RAM and it still has its moments. Lets see what we got DRM, many apps required to work and a stupid Rockstar social club app that has a crashing issue for many users and you cant launch the game without it. Also i wouldnt say its patched, i have the latest patches and it still has its werid graphical issues. I do have latest drivers. Does it look better than my ps3? Yes it does but the graphics look broken with a lot of polygons and broken shadows or object poping in the distance. Id rahter playing it on ps3 and hd screen than bother with the pc version and its problems.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
Yeah the 360 has been heavily pirated since about 6 months after launch. The DS is right up there as well.
True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#56 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

Revan_911

It's pretty terrible..

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
why the PS3 is hack proof, but the X360 is hack banged? i mean i remember MS celebrating their epic win against sony in the current generation of consoles, when they released the X360 and sold alot of it. but i look at things now and i find the PS3 surpass X360 in quality, exclusives and piracy.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#58 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts
[QUOTE="Revan_911"]

dakan45
Since always, everyone is saying that. My rig: AMD Phenom II x4 3.2 ghz quad core black edition, Nvidia 9800GTX+ 4GB RAM and it still has its moments. Lets see what we got DRM, many apps required to work and a stupid Rockstar social club app that has a crashing issue for many users and you cant launch the game without it. Also i wouldnt say its patched, i have the latest patches and it still has its werid graphical issues. I do have latest drivers. Does it look better than my ps3? Yes it does but the graphics look broken with a lot of polygons and broken shadows or object poping in the distance. Id rahter playing it on ps3 and hd screen than bother with the pc version and its problems.

Yes,the social cub thing was very anoying,and the 1h install as well.Never had any crash issues. But I play the game very well with no graphical problems with a GTX 285 and a Q9550 3.2ghz(clocked). If you have a good PC,the console version visuals seem to be on low compared with the PC version.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts
why the PS3 is hack proof, but the X360 is hack banged? i mean i remember MS celebrating their epic win against sony in the current generation of consoles, when they released the X360 and sold alot of it. but i look at things now and i find the PS3 surpass X360 in quality, exclusives and piracy.GazaAli
The ps3 isn't hackproof, actually once you do it, it's easier than hacking a 360:S as you can stream games from your PC wirelessly rather than burn it. Every console can be hacked. i mean, the DS has R4, Psp's just need a pandora battery, Wii's, Xbox 360's and Ps3's can all be hacked without any chips or anything, it's just a matter of google. Why they target PC's? dunno.