PC working bench dock?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

msfan1289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 msfan1289
Member since 2011 • 1044 Posts

hey guys i want to know where i can find a what is called a work bench dock for a PC. its a open "caseless" dock where you can install the mother board, the PCI-e cards etc. and its all open to air. reason being is because im starting to get annoyed that i have to open up both sides of my case to install a new HDD or something so im wondering where i can find one in a decent price. i know NCIX sells them but they are in Canada. and plus this is will good when i have to change motherboards i dont have to take everything out of my case and put it back in. i just pop out the motherboard and pop the new one in.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

antec sells a nice open air case but its pricey about 100 bucks a case

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Prepare to clean it often.

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts
How often do you install a new hard drive? :| Test benches aren't suppose to replace computer cases for normal use, they're for exactly what the name suggests, testing.
msfan1289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 msfan1289

im aware ill have to clear it offten, matter a fact it hink it will be more easy to clean on a bench desk instead of the hardware being inside a case. and i dont might even tho they are ment for benching its cool. and im awlasy messing around with my PC almost all the time so this will be a nice thing to have. makes it easy to get to the ware quicker.

also whats the name of the antec open air case? and im ware ill be spending close to teh $100 mark not really that much less. nvm found it :)

msfan1289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 msfan1289

ok how about this. reason im replacing my current case (NZXT M59) is because the "back" of the PC case (the part that is behind the CPU and motherboard) really has NO room for the cable, and when i try to close it. the case panel stayed lifted up and i need my bother to help me hold down one side and i hold down the other side to get the panel to slide shut, and yesterday i broke one of my HDD sata connection and i manage to tape the SATA cable on to the HDD and my HDD still works.

is there a nice looking case at a decent price that gives me the room on the back of the motherboard for cable so i wont have this problem? i know this case from NZXT has plenty of room for cable because i saw it in video reviews and at frys.

NZXT case:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146080

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

ionusX
Ugh, the antec skeleton is one of the worst cases I have ever worked on, closely following the Antec Lanboy!
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

Daytona_178

Ugh, the antec skeleton is one of the worst cases I have ever worked on, closely following the Antec Lanboy!

would you rather the lain-li arachnid?