PC wont boot with upgraded 8GB RAM?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

danchiefs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 danchiefs1
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I have: core 2 duo 10x M & FSB 1350 V1.4 Corsair xms2 ddr2 800mhz 2x4gb, paired sticks totaling 8gb asus p5n e sli 650i mobo diablotek 750w power supply My setup has been working fine for the past few months with cpu @ 1400 fsb, RAM @ 5-5-5-18, command per clock auto, voltage @ 1.925. All the sudden yesterday it starts blue screening and freezing. I took the 2nd pair of ram out and it still was freezing. I turned the FSB down to 1350 and it is working fine now. I dont know what happened. It just decided to stop working. Can anyone help me? I would like to use the second pair of RAM i bought :(
Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
I'd unplug any drives - getting down to basics of CPU, RAM and video. Make sure to try each stick in each empty slot - this will help you determine if you've gotten bad memory. At least it should help rule that out as the issue and/or help you determine if the memory you already had has suddenly quit. You may also want to reset back to 'default settings' on the board - if it gets going again, then try working your way back up to your OC.
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Put all bios settings like overclocks back to stock.

Try running memtest.

swehunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 swehunt
Member since 2008 • 3637 Posts
[QUOTE="danchiefs1"]I have: core 2 duo 10x M & FSB 1350 V1.4 Corsair xms2 ddr2 800mhz 2x4gb, paired sticks totaling 8gb asus p5n e sli 650i mobo diablotek 750w power supply My setup has been working fine for the past few months with cpu @ 1400 fsb, RAM @ 5-5-5-18, command per clock auto, voltage @ 1.925. All the sudden yesterday it starts blue screening and freezing. I took the 2nd pair of ram out and it still was freezing. I turned the FSB down to 1350 and it is working fine now. I dont know what happened. It just decided to stop working. Can anyone help me? I would like to use the second pair of RAM i bought :(

Sorry I'm not sure I understand you correct, I read the text as you upgraded to 8GB and the board couldn't OC as well as before? (I think? because you also wrote "past few months") Well if so the problem is perhaps due to the memory controler on your MB, either it's faulty or just that the chipset need more voltage due to your using all the memoryslots instead of 2. This is common on older MB's particular during the s775 era, have a few board here myself an most wont OC as far with all memoryslots filled.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts

Put all bios settings like overclocks back to stock.

Try running memtest.

kraken2109
This. Find out if it's just a bad stick of memory before you do anything else, that will take lots more time and effort.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Sounds like bad RAM.

forkmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 forkmartin
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Your PC is not booting properly with 8 GB upgraded ram. And it is showing blue screen when boots so it shows that your PC has internal hardware problem so you have to change your ram. Your ram slots will affected or be corrupted so in my view you should check your motherboard.
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts
Your PC is not booting properly with 8 GB upgraded ram. And it is showing blue screen when boots so it shows that your PC has internal hardware problem so you have to change your ram. Your ram slots will affected or be corrupted so in my view you should check your motherboard. forkmartin
His motherboard will be fine.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
[QUOTE="forkmartin"]Your PC is not booting properly with 8 GB upgraded ram. And it is showing blue screen when boots so it shows that your PC has internal hardware problem so you have to change your ram. Your ram slots will affected or be corrupted so in my view you should check your motherboard. kraken2109
His motherboard will be fine.

Yeah, installing RAM can't hurt the motherboard. Unless you force them in backwards, or do it with the computer on, that is :P
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
Try increasing your NB voltage if your SPP temp is okay. Aida64 should find the sensor...