Jodaddy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By Jodaddy18
Member since 2018 • 2 Posts

Hello i just purchased a prebuilt PC from Newegg for the instructions nature everything was plugged in plug the HDMI into graphics card then into monitor no signal try TV still no signal, call the service number that I got with my PC they said to uninstall and reinstall the ram and graphics card did this still no effect. Today I got a DVI-D to hdmi. Tried to restore and install graphics card and ram again also taking the battery out of the motherboard and putting it back in. I hooked the DVI into the graphics card and the motherboard and still no signal on monitor and TV. Help please what would be wrong . And im a newbie when it comes to computers

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@jodaddy18 said:

Hello i just purchased a prebuilt PC from Newegg for the instructions nature everything was plugged in plug the HDMI into graphics card then into monitor no signal try TV still no signal, call the service number that I got with my PC they said to uninstall and reinstall the ram and graphics card did this still no effect. Today I got a DVI-D to hdmi. Tried to restore and install graphics card and ram again also taking the battery out of the motherboard and putting it back in. I hooked the DVI into the graphics card and the motherboard and still no signal on monitor and TV. Help please what would be wrong . And im a newbie when it comes to computers

Does it have onboard video? As in can you take the graphics card out and use the onboard one?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FelipeInside

@Enragedhydra said:

If your not up for troubleshooting it send it back to newegg and let them inspect it. Either they will fix it under warranty or send it back and tell you your an idiot.

Why is he an idiot for not knowing about computers? Which he stated in his post. Were you born with all the knowledge you now know?

Mordant221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mordant221
Member since 2013 • 372 Posts

@FelipeInside said:
@jodaddy18 said: I hooked the DVI into the graphics card and the motherboard and still no signal on monitor and TV.

Does it have onboard video? As in can you take the graphics card out and use the onboard one?

The guy already said his PC doesn't post even when connecting the motherboard directly to the monitor, so it isn't his GPU. An almost all CPU's come with an integrated GPU, so yes he has one.

Ok OP, this is what you do. It is highly unlikely that it's your CPU, rare for them to fail. It's also unlike that it's your RAM. All of them would have to fail for your PC not to post. So if you had 4 sticks, even if 3 of them were bad, your PC would just run on single channel.

That means it's probably your motherboard or power supply. To figure out which one, get a working power supply. Then take the 8 & 24 pin connectors from that power supply and connect it to the motherboard. Connect the motherboard to the monitor then turn it on, if it works then it is the power supply, if it doesn't then it's the motherboard. I wouldn't do any of that in the case, but if you don't want to take it all apart, then go for it.

Jodaddy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jodaddy18
Member since 2018 • 2 Posts

Im going to call the pc Company today, I talked with one of my friends that got me into computers and he said it sounds like the graphics card is bad.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FelipeInside

@Enragedhydra said:
@FelipeInside said:
@Enragedhydra said:

If your not up for troubleshooting it send it back to newegg and let them inspect it. Either they will fix it under warranty or send it back and tell you your an idiot.

Why is he an idiot for not knowing about computers? Which he stated in his post. Were you born with all the knowledge you now know?

I was being facetious. Do you know how many times I made myself look like an idiot while I was learning to build or fix computers?

I know but give the guy a break lol....

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FelipeInside

@mordant221 said:
@FelipeInside said:
@jodaddy18 said: I hooked the DVI into the graphics card and the motherboard and still no signal on monitor and TV.

The guy already said his PC doesn't post even when connecting the motherboard directly to the monitor, so it isn't his GPU.

I think he meant he hooked the DVI into the graphics card which was connected to the motherboard, don't know if he tried directly to onboard with GPU disconnected.

@jodaddy18 said:

Im going to call the pc Company today, I talked with one of my friends that got me into computers and he said it sounds like the graphics card is bad.