PC games that support controllers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Termite551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 Termite551
Member since 2006 • 1125 Posts

Yeah I really want to play some PC shooters that support this sweet 360 controller I bought for it. Any suggestions? Bioshock supported it very nicely and I've played that, but other than that I cant seem to find many.

Thanks for any replies

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can play any PC game with a controller using the right tools. Not every game with have autoaim with the controller though - but regardless shooters have autoaim options regardless.
Termite551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Termite551
Right tools? What do you mean? Cuz I just go to the control options in the game and try to bind things to the controller (Or in bioshocks case, just select the play with xbox controller option)
mantis789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 mantis789
Member since 2003 • 511 Posts
Rainbow 6: Vegas
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts

Right tools? What do you mean? Cuz I just go to the control options in the game and try to bind things to the controller (Or in bioshocks case, just select the play with xbox controller option)Termite551

If a game doesn't support a controller, you can just emulate the mouse and keyboard using Xpadder. It's pretty simple to use. But most games support controllers. Orange Box will support controllers so you can give that a try.

Termite551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Termite551
Well, I downloaded it and set the controller thing and stuff...but I dont really get it. I go to Call of duty 2 and it still doesnt allow me to bind anything
kmagika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 kmagika
Member since 2004 • 832 Posts
overlord, escape from butcher bay
gamespotboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 gamespotboys
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Lost Planet
Termite551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Termite551
I meant like, the game can detect the axises and buttons on the controller without any other programs. Rainbow six vegas cant do that, it detects the buttons but not any axises
grandpap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 grandpap
Member since 2004 • 77 Posts
Although there are a few FPS that DO support controller play (configuration within the setup of the game), you're going to find that most of the sports games support it. I find it that I wouldn't play an FPS, supported or not, with a controller. You have more control, faster reflex times, and can remap everything in the game to the keyboard giving you a quick access to all your actions.
need4speedu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 need4speedu
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Although there are a few FPS that DO support controller play (configuration within the setup of the game), you're going to find that most of the sports games support it. I find it that I wouldn't play an FPS, supported or not, with a controller. You have more control, faster reflex times, and can remap everything in the game to the keyboard giving you a quick access to all your actions.grandpap

Better refelxes in your opinion, as for me, I CAN'T play Crysis on Beginner....I need a controller, or a keyboard with larger, more sparse keys.

I'd prefer a controller.

IMaBIOHAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 IMaBIOHAZARD
Member since 2008 • 1464 Posts

[QUOTE="grandpap"]Although there are a few FPS that DO support controller play (configuration within the setup of the game), you're going to find that most of the sports games support it. I find it that I wouldn't play an FPS, supported or not, with a controller. You have more control, faster reflex times, and can remap everything in the game to the keyboard giving you a quick access to all your actions.need4speedu

Better refelxes in your opinion, as for me, I CAN'T play Crysis on Beginner....I need a controller, or a keyboard with larger, more sparse keys.

I'd prefer a controller.

You're going to find that that is NOT the general opinion. I play most shooters fine on normal/hard difficulty. My friends have the same problems playing PC shooters, but they were all raised solely on consoles, which explains the issue.