PC games that epically failed?

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 Steameffekt
Member since 2008 • 4950 Posts

Which games do you think epically failed in the past year?

My vote goes 110% to spore. Too much hype and yet sucked...

Drazule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Drazule
Member since 2007 • 8693 Posts

I sometimes get a kick out of the creators, but otherwise Spore was a disappointment. They didn't live up to the hype, and the game itself, getting past GDC 05, was still bad and boring. And the ending, I spend so much time just trying to get to the center, to possibly give spore a redeeming chance, and it blew it. I was also disappointed with Warhammer: Mark of chaos.

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

Incorrect, Spore did magnificently, considering the high rate of piracy input on Spore. On the contrary, GTA IV did pretty poor, and hopefully Rockstar will learn from this experience.

MJPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 MJPK
Member since 2006 • 3360 Posts

Steameffekt

says the person with a spore creature in his sig:P

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts

Critically? Spore.

In my personal opinion of quality, Spore as well as Fallout 3.

Rainbow_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Rainbow_Lion
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts

Critically? Spore.

aliblabla2007
Fallout 3 :shock: that was the best game of 2008 :lol:
Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 Steameffekt
Member since 2008 • 4950 Posts

[QUOTE="Steameffekt"]

MJPK

says the person with a spore creature in his sig:P

uhh... I have no say in this :P

Drazule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Drazule
Member since 2007 • 8693 Posts

Well I have to give Spore a first time commemoration. The first time through I loved it. Creature was amazing, tribe was challenging, civ was fun and cell was fun too. Space was also really fun, until you have to go all around the universe to save the ecosystem on some planet that you refueled on once, only to start a war for not helping them. However, the second time I played it was all the same, even with different parts, the over all game was just get a pack, charge, kill, eat, kill, eat, play Simon says, eat, befriend a species, attack eat, Rince and repeat. Tribe is similar, just there's more tactics involved when you have to divide your forces. Playing civ is the same by religion and military. It's more of preference than tactics as one destroys, the other converts (aka military without destroying anything). Space is better, as different races and trait combos can make the game better, but I'm still shuddering at ..ughh....Steve.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
[QUOTE="aliblabla2007"]

Critically? Spore.

Rainbow_Lion

I wouldn't say it's a big fail but it was pretty disapointing for me.
OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

[QUOTE="aliblabla2007"]

Critically? Spore.

Rainbow_Lion

alilullaby0909889907 wouldn't know a good game if it bump him on the head.

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 aliblabla2007

[QUOTE="aliblabla2007"]

Critically? Spore.

Rainbow_Lion

Sure it was.... if you like open-worlds with drab, repetitive environments, horrid writing, an unbalanced stat system and a combat system which relies on not having any actual skill in combat.

BLaZiNg_SPEED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 BLaZiNg_SPEED
Member since 2009 • 406 Posts

I think FIFA 09s an epic fail, hardly any improvements. As well as PES 2009 just deteriorated gameplay.

AzureEm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AzureEm
Member since 2008 • 788 Posts

Daikatana...Man... :cry:

tab132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 tab132
Member since 2006 • 460 Posts

AzureEm
YOU BEAT ME TOO IT :'(
mrhuntin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 mrhuntin
Member since 2007 • 750 Posts

YeaI would say spore too,it wasn't that fun.

SolidKeevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 SolidKeevo
Member since 2004 • 2092 Posts

Spore + Far Cry 2

Rainbow_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Rainbow_Lion

[QUOTE="Rainbow_Lion"][QUOTE="aliblabla2007"]

Critically? Spore.

aliblabla2007

Sure it was.... if you like open-worlds with drab, repetitive environments, horrid writing, an unbalanced stat system and a combat system which relies on not having any actual skill in combat.

Gee you must've played it for a whole 5 minutes :shock:
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 aliblabla2007

[QUOTE="aliblabla2007"]

[QUOTE="Rainbow_Lion"] Fallout 3 :shock: that was the best game of 2008 :lol:Rainbow_Lion

I put some 35 hours of snoring into the game.

Rainbow_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Rainbow_Lion

aliblabla2007

Sure you did, why play a game you don't like for 35 hours? you must be the worlds only person who didn't like it then :P
Darth_Sibbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#20 Darth_Sibbs
Member since 2004 • 4234 Posts
Hands down Spore, no real contest as a dissapointment. I wasn't a bad game, it just wasn't that good.
Rainbow_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Rainbow_Lion

Critically? Spore.

OoSuperMarioO

alilullaby0909889907 wouldn't know a good game if it bump him on the head.

I second that notion :lol:
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 aliblabla2007

[QUOTE="aliblabla2007"]

[QUOTE="Rainbow_Lion"] Gee you must've played it for a whole 5 minutes :shock:Rainbow_Lion

Sure you did, why play a game you don't like for 35 hours? you must be the worlds only person who didn't like it then :P

It was a dose of gameplay every few nights, man.... after about an hour or so of playing each time, I just quit out of boredom.....

Rainbow_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Rainbow_Lion

aliblabla2007

It was a dose of gameplay every few nights, man.... after about an hour or so of playing each time, I just quit out of boredom.....

I've not played a game as much as Fallout 3 since KOTOR on Xbox 1 that's how rare GOOD games are, opinions though I suppose :?

electroban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 electroban
Member since 2007 • 122 Posts

[QUOTE="aliblabla2007"]

[QUOTE="Rainbow_Lion"] Gee you must've played it for a whole 5 minutes :shock:Rainbow_Lion

Fallout 3 was a massive big fail! I prefer RPGs where the Main story line quest, is VERY long (not 1 hour) and whilst you gon on that main quest u get the side quests along the way.

Where as fallout 3 you could level to 20 whilst walking around randomly exploring places. The whole point of RPGs for me is to expand your character not have it ultimatley maxxxed out without having to touch any of the quests. The A.I. was ridiculous, not only that the game had soo many launch bugs and graphical glitches it was untrue. It had an awesome atmosphere to it thats correct but apart from that it failed misreably.

Also if you didnt notice alot of the voicea acting in the game was done by the same voice actors as Oblivion which kind of felt really cheap for me, atleast get different voice actors so it doesn'tfeel like a Sci-Fi oblviion expansion pack with guns.

Also another gaming let down, was Oblivion, so many people think that game is like the RPG mutts nutt. I guess no1 realised that every single dungeon featured the exact same textures, you either had those Aheid or whatever ruins, random cave full of bandits and so on, every dungeon you went too would look the same, RPGs are all about the dungeons too be honest, there was no depth to it at all. In this day in age aslong as the graphics look nice you boons will swallow any crap down. Oh and what did Oblivion and Fallout 3 both have in common, pretty graphics.

Also in Fallout 3, the variety of monster/opponentswas very limited, -I think there was about only a handful of unique monstersalso the variety of gear was limited, you learn power armor and then you wear it - exactly the same with Oblivion except its Dreadric armor, great, i've maxxed my charatcters armor with very little effort. SHOUT OUT FOR DEPTH?!

You all go on about Next Generation gaming, yet wheres the next generation content? Games have got shorter shouldn't they be getting longer? A 2 hour main quest for Fallout 3 is lollish. Also another thing i found annoying about both Fallout 3 and Oblivion is because the game is essentially SandBox i.e. you can go whereve you want and the enemies spawned at you will be at the same level as your characters skill, this means any location is explorable straight off the bat, well whatever happened to locations you shouldn't be able to explore because you'll get freaking pwnt by some awesome bad guy. No such luck in either games.

Call of Duty single player, it's basically a single player for those who are mentally disabled, every mission is basically a rectangle you start here and you go wherever the marker tell you to go, if you stop in a certain location the enemies will just keep spawning at you non stop untill you reach the next check point marker. Every1 rants and raves about call of Duty and Halo aswell, yet no1 finds it lollerific the games basically look and feel the exactly the same on each new release. IF you take a game like Quake for instance. Each game played and felt completely different from each other. No such luck in Call of Duty or Halo. You guys are going to look pretty ridiculous in about 5 years time when theres a Call of Duty 20. lol. Theres no ingenuity in any of those games whatsoever. But you boons keep buying it and lap it down some more, whilst these games developers get paid for making the same game, not once, not thrice, but whats it on now CoD 5? they've made the same game 5 times in a row. It's not really CoD 5 it's CoD 1.5. "OMG THEY HAVE DOGS NOW THATS OBVIOUSLY WORTH 35 POUNDS!!!"

Get an idea as to what a good game is tbh

zcake22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 zcake22
Member since 2005 • 125 Posts

You all go on about Next Generation gaming, yet wheres the next generation content? Games have got shorter shouldn't they be getting longer? A 2 hour main quest for Fallout 3 is lollish. Also another thing i found annoying about both Fallout 3 and Oblivion is because the game is essentially SandBox i.e. you can go whereve you want and the enemies spawned at you will be at the same level as your characters skill, this means any location is explorable straight off the bat, well whatever happened to locations you shouldn't be able to explore because you'll get freaking pwnt by some awesome bad guy. No such luck in either games.

electroban

This paragraph right here shows me that you have never played Fallout 3.

electroban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 electroban

[QUOTE="electroban"]

zcake22

This paragraph right here shows me that you have never played Fallout 3.

Played Fallout 1 2 and 3. The main quest did only last 2 hours. The voice acting IS the same as Oblivion. And all the enemies are as strong as your characters level. If you re-explore some of the places you been before say being level 5 you will come across A super Mutant, then on higher levels in the same place its a Super Mutant master. Are you trying to say the highest armor you can get isnt the Power Armor?

electroban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 electroban

You also have to have special needs to get killed in Fallout 3 too. When you get to the end game stuff, you are pretty much invincible

johnny27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 johnny27
Member since 2006 • 4400 Posts

AzureEm
luckily dues ex and anachronox made up for that disappointing game
electroban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 electroban

LOL now im really irritated thinking about how lame FAllout 3 actually was. I remember reading the tips "Drinking from water in lakes is a tactical decision it does replenish health - but you gain RADS" - Yeah or i could just sell all the crap i've found out in the Wasteland and buy an assload of Stimpaks to heal myself with.

I mean how can you die in FAllout 3 u just tabb out to Pitboy, stimpakstimpakstimpak, oh lawks im full health again!!! Special needs game for special needs gamers. Once i reached level 20 i was basically "is that it?" You should atleast be able to level your character to co-inside with the length of the game. But i guess a 2 hour main quest is awesome to everybody, i personally felt cheated when i completed it just kept asking myself "is that it?"

The only quest in that game that was interesting was the one with that Tree and the John Henry Eden part. All of it of course mired by the fact that there may aswell be no enemies to fight considering how easy every1 was to kill. VATS, Oh look 100% chance of head shotting, looks like your dead b4 even a fight has happened. And of course even if i do get close to death i've got 58 stimpaks in my inventory so i've essentaially got an unlimited ammount of hit points and fortunatley enough when i hit the pit boy it pauses the ingame. it would of probably of been harder say, if stimpaks gave you health over a period of time.

electroban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 electroban

[QUOTE="AzureEm"]

johnny27

luckily dues ex and anachronox made up for that disappointing game

Deus Ex! now theres a good game!

Except Deus Ex 2, big let down

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts

Hellgate: London.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e376fa88bd45
deactivated-5e376fa88bd45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 deactivated-5e376fa88bd45
Member since 2004 • 4403 Posts

I'll throw in my vote for Spore. Biggest dissapointment of 2008. Also Battle for Middle Earth 1. I was so damn hyped for that game but in the end it just did not live up to the expectations that i expected from them during the first few trailers.

Also, not Fallout 3.

Rainbow_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Rainbow_Lion

electroban

Fallout 3 was a massive big fail! I prefer RPGs where the Main story line quest, is VERY long (not 1 hour) and whilst you gon on that main quest u get the side quests along the way.

Where as fallout 3 you could level to 20 whilst walking around randomly exploring places. The whole point of RPGs for me is to expand your character not have it ultimatley maxxxed out without having to touch any of the quests. The A.I. was ridiculous, not only that the game had soo many launch bugs and graphical glitches it was untrue. It had an awesome atmosphere to it thats correct but apart from that it failed misreably.

Also if you didnt notice alot of the voicea acting in the game was done by the same voice actors as Oblivion which kind of felt really cheap for me, atleast get different voice actors so it doesn'tfeel like a Sci-Fi oblviion expansion pack with guns.

Also another gaming let down, was Oblivion, so many people think that game is like the RPG mutts nutt. I guess no1 realised that every single dungeon featured the exact same textures, you either had those Aheid or whatever ruins, random cave full of bandits and so on, every dungeon you went too would look the same, RPGs are all about the dungeons too be honest, there was no depth to it at all. In this day in age aslong as the graphics look nice you boons will swallow any crap down. Oh and what did Oblivion and Fallout 3 both have in common, pretty graphics.

Also in Fallout 3, the variety of monster/opponentswas very limited, -I think there was about only a handful of unique monstersalso the variety of gear was limited, you learn power armor and then you wear it - exactly the same with Oblivion except its Dreadric armor, great, i've maxxed my charatcters armor with very little effort. SHOUT OUT FOR DEPTH?!

Call of Duty single player, it's basically a single player for those who are mentally disabled, every mission is basically a rectangle you start here and you go wherever the marker tell you to go, if you stop in a certain location the enemies will just keep spawning at you non stop untill you reach the next check point marker. Every1 rants and raves about call of Duty and Halo aswell, yet no1 finds it lollerific the games basically look and feel the exactly the same on each new release. IF you take a game like Quake for instance. Each game played and felt completely different from each other. No such luck in Call of Duty or Halo. You guys are going to look pretty ridiculous in about 5 years time when theres a Call of Duty 20. lol. Theres no ingenuity in any of those games whatsoever. But you boons keep buying it and lap it down some more, whilst these games developers get paid for making the same game, not once, not thrice, but whats it on now CoD 5? they've made the same game 5 times in a row. It's not really CoD 5 it's CoD 1.5. "OMG THEY HAVE DOGS NOW THATS OBVIOUSLY WORTH 35 POUNDS!!!"

zzzzzzz that's what made Fallout so good, it's not as boring as the RPG's you're used to :D

And you obviously haven't played it either so GTFO, head north out of vault 101 and see how long you last :lol:

electroban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 electroban

So you can't find any agreement in anything i said? art thou blind?

But yeah i do prefer boring RPGs i gottah admit, Baldur's Gate 1/2 Fallout 1/2 were pretty much the mutts nutts for me, although to me reading isnt that scary so big dialouge's where i had to read wasnt really much trouble. OH LORDS, READING?!?!?!!?

Endgame Fallout 3 was a joke. The expansion is out now though so that might be better.

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 aliblabla2007

zzzzzzz that's what made Fallout so good, it's not as boring as the RPG's you're used to :D

And you obviously haven't played it either so GTFO, head north out of vault 101 and see how long you last :lol:

Rainbow_Lion

Mind telling me what so "good" about Fallout 3? Is it the endless sea of empy ground and identical-looking vaults/tunnels/caves/whatever? Is it the broken writing where giving a useless dying man some clean water makes up for the death of innocents, and where someone can tell that the finger you bring them once belonged to an evil person? Is it the unbalanced stats system where stealth and energy weapons are almost worthless to invest in?

07pops07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 07pops07
Member since 2008 • 552 Posts

[QUOTE="electroban"]

[QUOTE="Rainbow_Lion"] Sure you did, why play a game you don't like for 35 hours? you must be the worlds only person who didn't like it then :PRainbow_Lion

do you spend all day reading forum's accusing people of not playing the game? omg i get it know you havent played it have you! =O

Rainbow_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Rainbow_Lion

[QUOTE="Rainbow_Lion"] zzzzzzz that's what made Fallout so good, it's not as boring as the RPG's you're used to :D

aliblabla2007

Mind telling me what so "good" about Fallout 3? Is it the endless sea of empy ground and identical-looking vaults/tunnels/caves/whatever? Is it the broken writing where giving a useless dying man some clean water makes up for the death of innocents, and where someone can tell that the finger you bring them once belonged to an evil person? Is it the unbalanced stats system where stealth and energy weapons are almost worthless to invest in?

I felt immersed in the Fallout 3 world, yeah I did hate the walking lol I really would've liked an ATV or bike :D how can anyone say that Fallout 3 skipped over the story though? I really have to suspect that you guys didn't play it at all almosed every location you discover has a 6 page essay about what happened there :shock: I skipped most of it because I just wanted to go and blow some ghoul freaks head off! Shame you couldn't kill the kids though since they were the most annoying charachters in the game :( TBH I think you're just trolling as everyone I know who's played it has loved it and if you don't well then that's just your loss as pretty much the entire gaming community loved Fallout and Oblivion
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#39 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

[QUOTE="Rainbow_Lion"] zzzzzzz that's what made Fallout so good, it's not as boring as the RPG's you're used to :D

aliblabla2007

"Do you have any water?" said the old man. "Yes, here!" I hand him the water. "Do you have anymore water?" I shoot him in the face. I didn't like the game either. The mission weren't worth the work and the main storyline suffered from the same flaw. The combat was just as unsatisfying as the rest of the game. I'd rather have a few sweet hours of gameplay rather than 35hours of monotonous and unsatisfying quests.
Rainbow_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Rainbow_Lion
[QUOTE="aliblabla2007"]

Swiftstrike5

"Do you have any water?" said the old man. "Yes, here!" I hand him the water. "Do you have anymore water?" I shoot him in the face. I didn't like the game either. The mission weren't worth the work and the main storyline suffered from the same flaw. The combat was just as unsatisfying as the rest of the game. I'd rather have a few sweet hours of gameplay rather than 35hours of monotonous and unsatisfying quests.

I shot him in the face too :D get ur own fecking water lol what's your point? It was fun. Games = fun no? :shock:
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#41 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

[QUOTE="Swiftstrike5"][QUOTE="aliblabla2007"]

Rainbow_Lion

I shot him in the face too :D get ur own fecking water lol what's your point? It was fun. Games = fun no? :shock:

I was just pointing out how unsatisfying completing a quest is. You don't even get a 'thanks' or an interesting story that might lead you to a weapons cache or something to make it worth the effort.

Avatar image for ImmortalWrath12
ImmortalWrath12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ImmortalWrath12
Member since 2005 • 1834 Posts

Probably the Lost Planet, It was fun, but the port was just lame.

And I enjoyed Fallout 3 a good deal, moreso than Oblivion.

Rainbow_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Rainbow_Lion

[QUOTE="Rainbow_Lion"][QUOTE="Swiftstrike5"] "Do you have any water?" said the old man. "Yes, here!" I hand him the water. "Do you have anymore water?" I shoot him in the face. I didn't like the game either. The mission weren't worth the work and the main storyline suffered from the same flaw. The combat was just as unsatisfying as the rest of the game. I'd rather have a few sweet hours of gameplay rather than 35hours of monotonous and unsatisfying quests. Swiftstrike5

I was just pointing out how unsatisfying completing a quest is. You don't even get a 'thanks' or an interesting story that might lead you to a weapons cache or something to make it worth the effort.

True true, Fallout 3 let me lead out my homicidal fantasies :D it is by far the most violent game ever made, can't believe the daily mail didn't get wind of it :shock: makes GTA look like kids stuff lol
tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tony2077ca
Member since 2005 • 5242 Posts

all sports games

Rainbow_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Rainbow_Lion

all sports games

tony2077ca
:O but I like sport lol how much of a nerd are you??? :lol:
tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 tony2077ca
Member since 2005 • 5242 Posts
[QUOTE="tony2077ca"]

all sports games

Rainbow_Lion

i'd sooner do the real thing then those games
Rainbow_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Rainbow_Lion
[QUOTE="Rainbow_Lion"][QUOTE="tony2077ca"]

all sports games

tony2077ca

i'd sooner do the real thing then those games

Oh lol me too but it's kinda hard to organize 22 people on a Saturday night for a game of footy, and I'd rather play fight night than have a real boxing match against Floyd Mayweather :lol:
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 aliblabla2007

[QUOTE="aliblabla2007"]

Rainbow_Lion

I felt immersed in the Fallout 3 world, yeah I did hate the walking lol I really would've liked an ATV or bike :D how can anyone say that Fallout 3 skipped over the story though? I really have to suspect that you guys didn't play it at all almosed every location you discover has a 6 page essay about what happened there :shock: I skipped most of it because I just wanted to go and blow some ghoul freaks head off! Shame you couldn't kill the kids though since they were the most annoying charachters in the game :( TBH I think you're just trolling as everyone I know who's played it has loved it and if you don't well then that's just your loss as pretty much the entire gaming community loved Fallout and Oblivion

What? I'm a troll because I don't like the game whereas (according to you) 90% of everyone else does? :lol:

I know quite a few people who didn't like the game. Like the one who quoted me. Check out Baranga and Naval, neither of them think it's a great game. Fatshodan too (he's banned from GS).

electroban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 electroban

aliblabla2007

What? I'm a troll because I don't like the game whereas (according to you) 90% of everyone else does? :lol:

I know quite a few people who didn't like the game. Like the one who quoted me. Check out Baranga and Naval, neither of them think it's a great game. Fatshodan too (he's banned from GS).

True, i mean if u compare FAllout 3 tto the rest of the trash that gets released through most of the year, then i guess yeah its pretty exceptional stuff... b8ut that doesnt neccessarily mean it's awesome more of the lesser of two weevils!.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

I'm not exactly a fan of Fallout 3, which i think is inferior to Fallout 1 and 2 (in terms of immersion and story-telling).

But that's only my opinion. Everyone has their own, it cannot be quantified.

In terms of sales, Fallout 3 is a major success.

In terms of official critical review, it is also a huge success. So to list Fallout 3 as an epic fail is, tbh, ridiculous and narrow-minded :)

Because that's, knowingly or not, saying your opinion is superior to everyone else, which it is not.