Pay What You Want: Divinity Anthology

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

Quick summary:
1. Set your own fair price.
2. Get up to 3 Divinity Games, including Divinity II: Developer's Cut.
3. Own some of the games? No problem--you'll get the gift codes to give to friends.
4. Bonus for you:
* enjoy exclusive access to Divinity II: Developer's Cut one day before the release
* tons of goodies for all the games
* unlock special videos from Larian StudiosGOG

The above is only an excerpt. Find the full piece here.

I never played the first two games but this still sounds like a mighty good deal. Is there anything in particular that I should know about these games beforehand? Will you guys be making use of this deal?

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

is the recent game any good? heard its pretty bad

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Hexagon_777

TheShadowLord07

The most recent game came out in 2004 and got an average of 73% on Metacritic and 3.5 stars on GOG. The newest one will launch on the 18th of October.

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts

TheShadowLord07
When it was originally released, apparently it was. But a lot was fixed in the re-released version - The Dragon Knight Saga which is the one I bought. I thought it was great - and a game I'd recommend. By the looks of it, the Director's Cut is basically TDKS, but with access to console, dev journal, concept arts etc... Anyway, I hope this helps out Larian... For such a small studio, I thought they were a bit crazy developing 2 game at once (Dragon Commander and Original Sin).
megam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 megam
Member since 2003 • 457 Posts
This is pretty cool. I already have Divinity 2, but I'd like to pick the others up.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hexagon_777

This is pretty cool. I already have Divinity 2, but I'd like to pick the others up. megam
If you have the game on GOG, you'll just get a code so that you can gift the game to others.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#7 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Divine Divinity (1st one) is so awesome.

Part 2 was fun but nto half hte masterpeice that #1 is.

You can buy it for 1$ def a steal!

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

TheShadowLord07

I don't know from what parallel universe you come from to have heard that, but Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga is one of the best RPGs i've played this generation. It's ridiculously addictive, and criminally underrated. I recommend it to everyone that likes RPGs in general.

Divinity II: Developer's Cut seems to be.. the same thing, though yet to be released. I have no idea why they are releasing this, since Dragon Knight Saga is basically it- a remastered version of Ego Draconis and its expansion. This makes no sense.

Divine Divinity is the first, and is 2D (izometric). It's also a excellent game, if people are itching for a Elder Scrolls type of open-world with incredible detail to it, Diablo combat and tons of wonderfully designed dungeons (minus the starting dungeon), then this is it.

I haven't played Beyond Divinity.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hexagon_777
So which one is GOG selling? The Dragon Knight Saga or Ego Draconis?
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

So which one is GOG selling? The Dragon Knight Saga or Ego Draconis?Hexagon_777

Dragon Knight, effectively. GOG is selling the most complete version, expanstion pack-included.

Divinity II: Developer's Cut seems to be.. the same thing, though yet to be released. I have no idea why they are releasing this, since Dragon Knight Saga is basically it- a remastered version of Ego Draconis and its expansion. This makes no sense.Lucianu

I'm guessing that they just made this version to generate interest in the announcement of their "next, super-secret upcoming project ". Or perhaps they just needed the money?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

Hmmm I already played the original Divine Divinity and its sequel but haven't played the Dragon Knight Saga.

But I'm more interested in playing Divinity - Original Sin now.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

[QUOTE="TheShadowLord07"]

Lucianu

I don't know from what parallel universe you come from to have heard that, but Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga is one of the best RPGs i've played this generation. It's ridiculously addictive, and criminally underrated. I recommend it to everyone that likes RPGs in general.

Divinity II: Developer's Cut seems to be.. the same thing, though yet to be released. I have no idea why they are releasing this, since Dragon Knight Saga is basically it- a remastered version of Ego Draconis and its expansion. This makes no sense.

Divine Divinity is the first, and is 2D (izometric). It's also a excellent game, if people are itching for a Elder Scrolls type of open-world with incredible detail to it, Diablo combat and tons of wonderfully designed dungeons (minus the starting dungeon), then this is it.

I haven't played Beyond Divinity.

this +100

divinity ii is an excellent game you should try it 4 sure

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]So which one is GOG selling? The Dragon Knight Saga or Ego Draconis?Planeforger
Dragon Knight, effectively. GOG is selling the most complete version, expanstion pack-included.

So why is it at 3.5 stars? Seems to be garnering some hate considering how amazing this complete version is supposed to be.

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts

[QUOTE="Planeforger"][QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]So which one is GOG selling? The Dragon Knight Saga or Ego Draconis?Hexagon_777

So why is it at 3.5 stars? Seems to be garnering some hate considering how amazing this complete version is supposed to be.

Where do you see that score? TDKS isn't on GOG, and The Dev's Cut isn't released yet.

Edit: I see Beyond Divinity as 3.5, but that's not Divinity 2.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]

[QUOTE="Planeforger"]Dragon Knight, effectively. GOG is selling the most complete version, expanstion pack-included.flipin_jackass

Where do you see that score? TDKS isn't on GOG, and The Dev's Cut isn't released yet.

Edit: I see Beyond Divinity as 3.5, but that's not Divinity 2.

Whoa, I've been confused this whole time. Yup, Beyond Divinity is the one I am talking about. Divinity 2 is the one that is being released soon. My apologies.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Hexagon_777

Color me anal, but after doing some research, Beyond Divinity is apparently not as good as the other two, so I'll buy Divine Divinity using this deal and then pay full price for Divinity 2, completely avoiding Beyond Divinity.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hexagon_777

By the way, my friend has a netbook with the following specs:

Windows XP, Intel Atom CPU Z530 @ 1.60 Ghz, 1 GB of RAM, DirectX Version 9.0c, Minimum Graphics Memory 64 MB, Maximum Graphics Memory 253 MB, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 500 Graphics Controller

Will his netbook be able to play Divine Divinity?

Minimum system requirements: Windows XP or Windows Vista, 1 GHz Processor (1.4 GHz recommended), 256MB RAM (512 recommended), 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 7 (compatible with DirectX 9 recommended)

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Hexagon_777

Here are some excellent video reviews regarding Divinity 2:

Video Review #1

Video Review #2

Needless to say, I am hyped.

koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts

TheShadowLord07
Its a ton of fun and has a lot of humour in it too. Definitely not the best RPG ever but a worthwhile one.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="TheShadowLord07"]

koospetoors

Its a ton of fun and has a lot of humour in it too. Definitely not the best RPG ever but a worthwhile one.

TheShadowLord07 has likely been looking at reviews of Ego Draconis when he should be looking at reviews of The Dragon Knight Saga which is the most up to date version of which I have pretty much only heard positive things. Check the video reviews I posted above as they are quite informative.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hexagon_777
Less than 10 hours left till this promotion is over!
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#22 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts
I like the concept a lot but my backlog is way too big.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Hexagon_777

I like the concept a lot but my backlog is way too big. NeonNinja
My backlog is nowhere near as big as that of others but despite promising not to buy anymore games for a while, I needed a break from the first person shooters I've been playing.