Path of Exile : SOVT trailer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts

Warning : there is mild nudity ( if that kind of thing bothers you) in the video

Really looking forward to jumping into Ambush league on the 5th.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

So this is like a new chapter ?

Assimilat0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Assimilat0r
Member since 2011 • 767 Posts

POE forum.

"Path of Exile's first mini-expansion, Sacrifice of the Vaal, launches at 1pm PST on March 5. It expands the core game and sets the pace for our ongoing four-monthly updates. Today we're proud to announce both the name and theme of the update, while teasing some of the scope of how far the Vaal corruption has spread through Wraeclast.

More information will be teased and released over the following two weeks, with a full reveal of content on February 28 at the culmination of our upcoming press tour!"

Well gonna download patch when it came out, didnt played few months i strucked at 90 lvl render build.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Path of Exile is a pretty fun game. I can't wait for Path of Exile 2 that isn't free-to-play and they get to go buck wild with the production values like the aesthetics.

ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts

Man, I can't wait to play this. I've enjoyed PoE a lot since it's release and playing with friends makes it even better.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dante2710

@R4gn4r0k said:

Basically; they are adding new mini-boses, new uniques, a new boss, two new leagues, new gems and a new currency item, and corrupted items.

edit: they are also reworking the passive skill tree.

@Elann2008 said:

Path of Exile is a pretty fun game. I can't wait for Path of Exile 2 that isn't free-to-play and they get to go buck wild with the production values like the aesthetics.

hurrr durrr duuurrr look at me

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Don't get me wrong, PoE is a great game, but all the screens and videos they show of this expansion feel like they are pretty much just showing the vanilla game. At least it feels that way to me.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8  Edited By Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

@Dante2710 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

Basically; they are adding new mini-boses, new uniques, a new boss, two new leagues, new gems and a new currency item, and corrupted items.

edit: they are also reworking the passive skill tree.

@Elann2008 said:

hurrr durrr duuurrr look at me

What was that about? At least speak in English. Is there something you didn't understand about my post? At least make an argument instead of using Ad hominem because you do not know how to critically think.

The developers did wonders with such a small budget and PoE turned out to be a pretty impressive game. I'd just like to see what they can do with a bigger budget. While the game has a robust skill tree and a lot to offer for something that is free-to-play, again, I'd like to see what they could do with a sequel with bigger budget. It would be interesting. It isn't the most aesthetically pleasing game. Anyone can see that. Since it is loot-based, I would like to see something a little more visually pleasing so you can actually appreciate the loot/gear. The level designs would be a lot better too.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dante2710

@Elann2008 said:

What was that about? At least speak in English. Is there something you didn't understand about my post? At least make an argument instead of using Ad hominem because you do not know how to critically think.

The developers did wonders with such a small budget and PoE turned out to be a pretty impressive game. I'd just like to see what they can do with a bigger budget. While the game has a robust skill tree and a lot to offer for something that is free-to-play, again, I'd like to see what they could do with a sequel with bigger budget. It would be interesting. It isn't the most aesthetically pleasing game.Anyone can see that. Since it is loot-based, I would like to see something a little more visually pleasing so you can actually appreciate the loot/gear. The level designs would be a lot better too.

Please be less of a graphic whore.

I will agree that the level design needs improvement.

G`day

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NaveedLife

@Dante2710 said:

@Elann2008 said:

The developers did wonders with such a small budget and PoE turned out to be a pretty impressive game. I'd just like to see what they can do with a bigger budget. While the game has a robust skill tree and a lot to offer for something that is free-to-play, again, I'd like to see what they could do with a sequel with bigger budget. It would be interesting. It isn't the most aesthetically pleasing game.Anyone can see that. Since it is loot-based, I would like to see something a little more visually pleasing so you can actually appreciate the loot/gear. The level designs would be a lot better too.

Please be less of a graphic whore.

I will agree that the level design needs improvement.

G`day

I don't blame him. The game is actually beautiful in its setting, lighting, and textures. But the animations and feel of things are a bit ridiculous to the point that it kinda hurts the experience. I really enjoy the game, but it certainly has some detracting visual aspects (just as it does some enhancing visual aspects).

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dante2710

@NaveedLife said:

I don't blame him. The game is actually beautiful in its setting, lighting, and textures. But the animations and feel of things are a bit ridiculous to the point that it kinda hurts the experience. I really enjoy the game, but it certainly has some detracting visual aspects (just as it does some enhancing visual aspects).

The majority have been spoiled by Diablo 3, but it is sad given that the first thing he brings up is graphics, specially given that there are more glaring flaws (like desync).

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NaveedLife

@Dante2710: I hear ya, but it is what people notice when they first see the game. Its sad cause I know if POE had the time and money Diablo 3 had put into it, they could have achieved possibly the best looking iso ARPG to date. BUT that isn't nearly as big a deal as other aspects like you said. Though I will say that the zoom is way too close. you get used to it, but it should be further out. Whenever you play another game like DIII you remember how good it feels to be able to see more :P.