This topic is locked from further discussion.

KG86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 KG86
Member since 2007 • 6021 Posts

I just got Risen through the Steam Gift Grab and I was wondering whether this board thought it was any good or not? I enjoy RPGs but reading through some reviews the impression I'm getting is that it is a pretty average game.

Also I find it funny that Risen is actually refused classification here in Australia but I still got the gift.

VeryBumpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 VeryBumpy
Member since 2008 • 1718 Posts

I'd say its above average and great overall. Only thing I hated about it was all the tedious walking one had to do for a large part of the game till you got the fast travel ability.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Solid. Slightly above average. It's worth it at bargain bin prices, or in your case, free. :P
StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

I just got Risen through the Steam Gift Grab and I was wondering whether this board thought it was any good or not? I enjoy RPGs but reading through some reviews the impression I'm getting is that it is a pretty average game.

Also I find it funny that Risen is actually refused classification here in Australia but I still got the gift.

KG86

I loved Risen. It's above average and worth playing if you like action/rpgs.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
It's an great RPG worth playing.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

I think it was an absolutely fantastic game, and although I did enjoy it from start to finish, I think the game tapered the wrong way. It was incredible in the beginning, and towards the end became a teeny bit monotonous and less interesting than the earlier parts of the game.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
Great RPG imo, though I would agree the last act was a let down including the last boss. In this case, though, the journey was well worth it even if the destination wasn't that great :P
omenodebander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 omenodebander
Member since 2004 • 1401 Posts

yeah, it's ok. Good voice acting and ok combat, but it's not like your usual rpg though.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Its a decent game and a LOT better than Arcania, its pretty much a slightly more polished version of Gothic 3.

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

A great game IMO, it helps that it has little hype. Again, imo, it was a more surprising and fresh experience than most of the latest RPGs like Witcher 2 or Mass Effect 2.

omenodebander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 omenodebander
Member since 2004 • 1401 Posts

It's good but the game lacks focus and a lot of issues break immersion. The pacing was terrible and the npcs lacked depth. It's good but not engaging enough. I think the engaging part is something the devs are changing for the sequel.