Odd problem with a burned DVD

This topic is locked from further discussion.

majidok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 majidok
Member since 2003 • 1057 Posts
I have burned a DVD-R(Kodak) with nero 6 . The DVD is a mix of executable files , save games and videos . I had the "Verify Data" option on and there was absolutely no errors in the log and the data verification completed successfully . Now , the windows cannot open the disk , citing that "The Disk is either corrupt or uses a format windows cannot recognize" and also , oddly enough it identifies the disk as a DVD-RW , while the disk is DVD-R . I'm using windows XP SP2 and the DVD-Writer is a NEC-3540A . Anyone having ideas i'd really appreciate , thanx :)
Avatar image for deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
deactivated-5c37d3adcd094

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
Member since 2006 • 8362 Posts
Try burning another one and see what happens, it's not like they cost anything.
ssta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 ssta
Member since 2005 • 218 Posts

Try the CD on another PC, if it works, just copy from another drive. This problem happen very rarely. But happens.

And you people, just get a good burner! LG, ASUS, Philips... And if it has some problems in the first few months, just get it back, and replace it with a new one.

10 years ago when I was buying PCs, I always was buying with two roms, maybe even HDDs, one for burning, other for reading and stuff, od mixed :D . Still have two PCs each with two roms on it.