realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

Which is a better VR Headset for PC? I normally play survival horror games (i.e Visage).

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

Ill guess I go with the Oculus since its cheaper lol. :P

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

Valve should release their own VR set soon, so I would wait for that one. At the very least it will force the other two to lower their prices, but most likely it will be a superior product both in hardware and software.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

I have an Oculus (not sure what a Pro version is) and I am very happy with it. The HTC one was a little too pricey for me, and demanded a few more USB ports than I had.

Steam VR works with it, too, just have to be sure the games you buy are approved to work with the Oculus (little triangle symbol on the game description).

@rmpumper said:

Valve should release their own VR set soon, so I would wait for that one. At the very least it will force the other two to lower their prices, but most likely it will be a superior product both in hardware and software.

Looking forward to it. Hope the resolution is good, the screen door is really cramping my style with the one game I really enjoy (DCS World). Hard to read text.

Would also be nice if they went sensor-less like the Oculus S is doing.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

@realistic44: wait to see how the Valve Index is in May.

Zuon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Zuon
Member since 2008 • 505 Posts

My opinion? Neither. At least for me, the much cheaper WMR (Windows Mixed Reality) VR headsets are the best compromise. They're cheap, but fully featured, the controllers are comfortable, it's compatible with VIVE, STEAMVR, and OCULUS games, and he tracking is done through cameras in the headset instead of with sensors you have to place around the room.

The main downside I've noticed is because of the headset camera tracking, throwing objects sometimes doesn't work very well. This can be fixed in select games with a config tweak though.

Plaguecrafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 Plaguecrafter
Member since 2019 • 34 Posts

From what I've read, Vive, but I would highly recommend waiting until we see what Valve reveals their VR.

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

Wait for Valve.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Now is a bad time to buy a VR headset. Lots of new devices coming out. I would wait for the next gen to hit or you will be pretty upset in about a year that you didn’t wait. If you just can’t wait I would say get a used Rift so you don’t lose too much money and still get a solid vr experience.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

I’d wait until the tech evolves a bit more. I had a Vive but the resolution was pretty damn poor.