Nvidia cards selling WELL above suggested price

This topic is locked from further discussion.

METALLICO67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 METALLICO67
Member since 2005 • 26 Posts

http://www.gyainformatica.com.ar/detalle.php?id=821

This is beyond ridiculous, even if i go to US of A and try to sell a GTX 970 (the cheapest one you can get) for 800 bucks I would only get this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

I know that there is a stock shortage and this is one reason why a great number of countries suffer from this high prices but 800 bucks is a FORTUNE here in Argentina. We are just being robbed, and I cant stand it anymore. This has to be brought to attention.

Even the absolute best price for the card I can get in the whole country (from zotac as well, the other brands don't even come here so I cant even choose) equals to $630 dollars, again well above suggested price, and the best part is that they are taken like freaking hot bread!. I see 5 in inventory, press f5 a minute later and they are gone. Another dealer has 20 on waiting list for the same card.

I dont understand, I just cant spend so much money for a piece of silicon.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Then don't spend that much money and get something else

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#3  Edited By Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

I got my Zotac 970 gtx for around 370 canadian dollars which is maybe like 320-330 american? I'm lucky to live in North America, seems like every other place pays pretty huge marked up prices for electronics and games. Its a really nice card, dead silent compared to my 680gtx (not that it was that noisey either)... i can't tell any noise when im playing a game with it.

Probably if you ordered it online for a good price they'd still nail you badly on import/duty fees so you can't really win.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@Old_Gooseberry said:

Probably if you ordered it online for a good price they'd still nail you badly on import/duty fees so you can't really win.

Not always if you ship it to a country and that country has a free trade-deal with your country. That's exactly what I did with my Strix 970, the only con being I had to wait 3 weeks from US launch date.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#5 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

My Strix was $297 with a free ubisoft game. Took me awhile to even find it in stock and when I did it was generously discounted so very lucky of me.

gallienb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 gallienb
Member since 2004 • 196 Posts

You just got to be patient. I kept checking microcenter's web page like every day to see my local store's inventory of the MSI gtx 970. As soon as i saw it in stock I purchased on site and picked them up on my lunch break. Got 2 of them for $349 a piece. Id never pay more the MSRP especially if I'm going to be buying two of them like I did.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

I got my superclocked card for $20 under the regular price. I'm fairly happy with it. Got a good OC'er as well.
Recieved my backplate recently for free to.

-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -Blasphemy-
Member since 2005 • 3369 Posts

have you tried eBay USA?

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

@METALLICO67 said:

http://www.gyainformatica.com.ar/detalle.php?id=821

This is beyond ridiculous, even if i go to US of A and try to sell a GTX 970 (the cheapest one you can get) for 800 bucks I would only get this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

I know that there is a stock shortage and this is one reason why a great number of countries suffer from this high prices but 800 bucks is a FORTUNE here in Argentina. We are just being robbed, and I cant stand it anymore. This has to be brought to attention.

Even the absolute best price for the card I can get in the whole country (from zotac as well, the other brands don't even come here so I cant even choose) equals to $630 dollars, again well above suggested price, and the best part is that they are taken like freaking hot bread!. I see 5 in inventory, press f5 a minute later and they are gone. Another dealer has 20 on waiting list for the same card.

I dont understand, I just cant spend so much money for a piece of silicon.

Economics 101...supply and demand. High demand right now, low supply=higher price. Sorry for your woes.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Pretty much what demi0227_basic said.

Economics 1. Supply and demand. And didn't the same situation occur with AMD? Oh gee! I wonder why! :oP