Now be honest...Do you really think Crysis Gameplay is better than CoD Gameplay?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for BontraXenderKyl
BontraXenderKyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BontraXenderKyl
Member since 2007 • 706 Posts

Crysis (plus Warhead and Crysis Wars) is pretty enjoyable: perfect Graphics, Sound, Physics Engine and more! But... You can't define an FPS game like other genres that the their Gameplay value is practically the same as sound value or graphics especially when we're talking about one of the best game of the year or so. The Gameplay importance in FPS games should be nearly decisive in reviews, Shame it isn't. Anyway, I'm starting this discussion because of other discussion that started here called Crysis just isn't good and, to my surprise, most of the comments tried to prove that the writer of the thread is totally wrong!

I really don't get it how people who played CoD/UO, CoD2 and CoD4 (in case they really did) can say Crysis is much better only because of its Graphics, Sound and Physics in spite of the fact that (I really can't argue about that) any CoD Gamelpay vs Crysis Gameplay --- The count to one million and, apparently, can not be compared.

pinneyapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 pinneyapple
Member since 2005 • 5566 Posts

Compared to CoD the singleplayer gameplay in Crysis has a lot more replay value. Imo singleplayer in any CoD is only playable the first time around, once you've seen the complete scripted singleplayer campaign you've seen it all. Even though Crysis does have its scripted moments, its ultimately up to the player to decide how they want to complelte the objectives in each level.

I've only finished the singleplayer campaign of CoD4 once, It was honeslty quite a bore after about 3/4 the way through. However I've kept coming back to Crysis many times and found myself playing the game in completely differently ways, finding myself in some really intense situations that I never encoutered the first time I played it.

BontraXenderKyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BontraXenderKyl

Compared to CoD the singleplayer gameplay in Crysis has a lot more replay value. Imo singleplayer in any CoD is only playable the first time around, once you've seen the complete scripted singleplayer campaign you've seen it all. Even though Crysis does have its scripted moments, its ultimately up to the player to decide how they want to complelte the objectives in each level.

I've only finished the singleplayer campaign of CoD4 once, It was honeslty quite a bore after about 3/4 the way through. However I've kept coming back to Crysis many times and found myself playing the game in completely differently ways, finding myself in some really intense situations that I never encoutered the first time I played it.

pinneyapple

Although the Single-Player of Crysis is intense, its gameplay unimproved and the plot is pretty boring though I meant to the Multi-Player.

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts

Yeah, SP-wise, Crysis wins this hands down.

So much more replayable, intense and dynamic.

Avatar image for TheLegendKnight
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 TheLegendKnight
Member since 2007 • 1853 Posts

well, i think Crysis is much more fun than CoD.

in singleplayer they cant be compared, CoD is nothing in singleplayer.

in multiplayer, nowadays CoD4 is really popular but still i dont think its great. what i see is people liked calling air strike or other extra additions in multiplayer. Crysis multiplayer was not liked much because its maps were huge and majority of fps gamers want to kill and kill and kill more enemies almost instantly. so crysis multiplayer was not suitable for fast deathmatch kinda games, but i think its multiplayer was more fun than cod4 because nanosuit features and strategy gamelike vehicle production were more different than any fps. even only nanosuit powers are enough fun but just like i said now, since maps are huge you cant use those powers much/fast.

imo Crysis is better than CoD in everyway but obviously Crysis multiplayer needs lots of people to enjoy it.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#6 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

COD4 is more impressive its cinematic quality particularly due to things like voice acting, the score and scripted moments.

On the hardest difficulty it is a very intense game.

Crysis has more replay value perhaps if you wanted to experiment with those different suit tricks, though the outcome of the game will be the same no matter what etc.

Multiplayer: its not contest which is the better game there.

CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
I've played every Call of Duty and I'd say they're a hell of a lot more intense than Crysis and Crysis Warhead. Not to take anything away from the Crysis games, they're great. Call of Duty though is just a level above when it comes to the single player campaign. There are just so many YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING moments in the Call of Duty games. For me the most intense moment in any single player game was the bomb and what happened in the helicopter afterwards in CoD 4. That was just plain crazy!
crazyfist36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 crazyfist36
Member since 2003 • 574 Posts

i enjoyted the gameplay of both. Great action, gunplay, effects. but the overall winner is Crysis because it brings so much more to the table. At the end of the day CoD will always be a respawn circus show while Crysis is not. It gives and gives the more you put into it.

BontraXenderKyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BontraXenderKyl

I've played every Call of Duty and I'd say they're a hell of a lot more intense than Crysis and Crysis Warhead. Not to take anything away from the Crysis games, they're great. Call of Duty though is just a level above when it comes to the single player campaign. There are just so many YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING moments in the Call of Duty games. For me the most intense moment in any single player game was the bomb and what happened in the helicopter afterwards in CoD 4. That was just plain crazy!CellAnimation

I strongly agree with you! And, in some aspects, Only those who played (or still playing) any CoD would probably say that CoD is much better. I don't say who think Crysis is better didn't play CoD or CoD2 but lets leave it as like that...

BontraXenderKyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BontraXenderKyl

i enjoyted the gameplay of both. Great action, gunplay, effects. but the overall winner is Crysis because it brings so much more to the table. At the end of the day CoD will always be a respawn circus show while Crysis is not. It gives and gives the more you put into it.

crazyfist36

Gives what?

I still don't get it how can someone say that Crysis Gameplay is much more professional while it is not, perhaps it's a fast-FPS but CoD is much more professional (I'm pointing mostly on CoD and CoD2 now).

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 aliblabla2007

[QUOTE="CellAnimation"]I've played every Call of Duty and I'd say they're a hell of a lot more intense than Crysis and Crysis Warhead. Not to take anything away from the Crysis games, they're great. Call of Duty though is just a level above when it comes to the single player campaign. There are just so many YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING moments in the Call of Duty games. For me the most intense moment in any single player game was the bomb and what happened in the helicopter afterwards in CoD 4. That was just plain crazy!BontraXenderKyl

I strongly agree with you! And, in some aspects, Only those who played (or still playing) any CoD would probably say that CoD is much better. I don't say who think Crysis is better didn't play CoD or CoD2 but lets leave it as like that...

That's still an unfounded assumption. I've played CoD, CoD2 and CoD4 (with CoD being the only one I thought was actually worthy of an AAA score) and I say that Crysis beats all of them when it comes down to the base gameplay.

I've never had so much fun in FPS combat. If there's one thing I absolutely hate in the CoD series, it's the fact that I have virtually no choices whatsover in dealing with combat situations. I'm always funnelled into the same fighting style over and over again, with deviations so minor they might as well not exist. In Crysis I can do almost anything to win in a combat situation, including not actually fighting. CoD can't let me do that, even though the original one had some crazy firefights... the newer ones are just bland, mindless and unimaginative in my opinion.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 biggest_loser

That's still an unfounded assumption. I've played CoD, CoD2 and CoD4 (with CoD being the only one I thought was actually worthy of an AAA score) and I say that Crysis beats all of them when it comes down to the base gameplay.

I've never had so much fun in FPS combat. If there's one thing I absolutely hate in the CoD series, it's the fact that I have virtually no choices whatsover in dealing with combat situations. I'm always funnelled into the same fighting style over and over again, with deviations so minor they might as well not exist. In Crysis I can do almost anything to win in a combat situation, including not actually fighting. CoD can't let me do that, even though the original one had some crazy firefights... the newer ones are just bland, mindless and unimaginative in my opinion.

aliblabla2007

But surely you wouldn't expect stealth sections in COD?

The game is all about heavily scripted cinematic action, as if it were a action/thriller film and the games really perfect that formula. Also, how do you find the firefights in the "newer ones" - excluding COD3 here - to be any different from the first game?

It is futile in comparing the COD series and Crysis given that they are made for different purposes (despite being shooters).

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 aliblabla2007

But surely you wouldn't expect stealth sections in COD?

biggest_loser

CoD and CoD4 had stealth missions, but in Crysis you can turn into a Predator at will. And you can fail at it, if you're not careful with your timing and planning, because the cloak's energy is limited. CoD really holds your hand, doesn't force you to "plan out" your stealth because there's always some instructions on what to do, and it's very clear.

The game is all about heavily scripted cinematic action, as if it were a action/thriller film and the games really perfect that formula. Also, how do you find the firefights in the "newer ones" - excluding COD3 here - to be any different from the first game?

It is futile in comparing the COD series and Crysis given that they are made for different purposes (despite being shooters).

biggest_loser

That is why we have and voice opinions. And overall, my opinion is that Crysis's dynamic, open-ended way to play through the overall linear campaign is better than Call of Duty's "interactive movie" formula. I don't play MP, but I love me some good lasting value - and for me, Crysis's gameplay provides more lasting value and replayability than a game using the Call of Duty formula could ever be able to.

About the firefights - I've told you before, the combat in CoD2/CoD4 just felt too slow and tame compared to the craziness that CoD1 had.

BontraXenderKyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BontraXenderKyl

Lets take it to a different aspect:

Which one of them has the best MP (in case you're attributing the gameplay much importance)?

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 aliblabla2007

Which one of them has the best MP (in case you're attributing the gameplay much importance)?

BontraXenderKyl

Probably Call of Duty 4, but I don't play MP anyway so it doesn't matter at all to me.

BontraXenderKyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BontraXenderKyl
[QUOTE="BontraXenderKyl"]

aliblabla2007

Probably Call of Duty 4, but I don't play MP anyway so it doesn't matter at all to me.

Exactly! oh you don't play MP... Anyway, That's what I'm talking about, the phenomenal gameplay in the MP!

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#17 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

I did not like the COD 4 single player experience, nor the previous installments of what I've played. My complaint is that I'm just reading lines from a script, following invisible orders, running from a to b where my only real choices feel like who I'm shooting at first, what weapon I use and how to run from this grenade indicator.

I don't like games where there are obvious spawn points for enemies who run to a window, get shot, run to a window, get shot. Then alternate between windows, then doors. It's boring, unintelligent, overly scripted and just plain sad. I stand by the fact that is does nothing for single player shooters and takes them backwards.

Why do i LOVE games like Half-Life but near detest games like COD 4 is quite a conundrum, my thoughts are partly to do with the reliance of creating "fake" environmental "events" just to make you feel in a warzone. Every shooter does this absolutely, but COD series have too many of these. I think also the respawn factor, COD games go overboard with respawning X enemies then moving to the next area.

COD 4 multiplayer though is great, why? Because you take out the respawn, the scripted rubbish. It's all cause and effect by players inside the game which makes it great.

Crysis SP > COD 4 MP >>> Crysis MP > COD 4 SP

crazyfist36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 crazyfist36
[QUOTE="crazyfist36"]

BontraXenderKyl

Gives what?

I still don't get it how can someone say that Crysis Gameplay is much more professional while it is not, perhaps it's a fast-FPS but CoD is much more professional (I'm pointing mostly on CoD and CoD2 now).

a fast fps? CoD more professional? Tell me more about what you mean by these statements.

BontraXenderKyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BontraXenderKyl

Crysis SP > COD 4 MP >>> Crysis MP > COD 4 SP

nutcrackr

Yes, but you can't spend a lot of time playing the same game over and over again (Crysis SP).

sammysalsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sammysalsa
Member since 2004 • 1832 Posts

SP wise, crysis is soo much better than CoD. Crysis has non linear levels with room within to progress how choose, decent AI, actual physics and some actual substance to its gameplay. Unfortunately CoD pisses me off with its highly static enviroments, extremely linear levels and cheap spawning enemies, it feels more like a shooting gallery.

However online CoD is fun and addicting(probably wins here) but not much substance where as crysis i havnt played it online so i can't talk!

explasiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 explasiv
Member since 2007 • 1420 Posts

Well Orignal Crysis got better SP than COD4 and Crysis warhead but Crysis Wars got Much Much better Mp than Cod4 and Crysis.

In the End Crysis wars got better multiplayer than Cod4 Crysis=FTW!!

BontraXenderKyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BontraXenderKyl
[QUOTE="BontraXenderKyl"][QUOTE="crazyfist36"]

crazyfist36

Gives what?

a fast fps? CoD more professional? Tell me more about what you mean by these statements.

I meant Crysis is more like Halo than some Tactical Shooters such as R6 Vegas and stuff. It's really hard to define it but yes, CoD i more professional and if you play both you'd probably notice the difference.

crazyfist36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 crazyfist36

I meant Crysis is more like Halo than some Tactical Shooters such as R6 Vegas and stuff. It's really hard to define it but yes, CoD i more professional and if you play both you'd probably notice the difference.

THAT statement right there officially ends this thread.If you're talking about multiplayer specifically then i can't argue because i don't play online. But i'm sure there will be people willing to educate you. Otherwise that statement ends this right here.

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Yeah, Crysis for SP.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 biggest_loser

SP wise, crysis is soo much better than CoD. Crysis has non linear levels with room within to progress how choose, decent AI, actual physics and some actual substance to its gameplay. Unfortunately CoD pisses me off with its highly static enviroments, extremely linear levels and cheap spawning enemies, it feels more like a shooting gallery.

sammysalsa

From what I have read and the demo I have played the levels are wide but they are certainly not non-linear. The AI is okay but it really annoyed me how the gunboat driver could see you up on the cliff. Things like that really spoil the freedom of stealth.

I hear this about COD so often: Static levels. Do you honestly want to interact with a chair or a draw? Like there are no physics puzzles lol, you move from location to location. What do you honestly want?

I don't know about this spawning enemies thing either. Enemies arrive to put the pressure on - they arrive through helicopters and what not - I don't see whats wrong with that. You kill them, you move forward, you take the area. At least there is pressure on you if they are spawing. If they are..

ReddestSkies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ReddestSkies
Member since 2005 • 4087 Posts

COD's core gameplay isn't all that great tbh, especially COD4's. The single player of COD games basically boils down to "hide behind a wall, lean and pick off heads". It's fun, mind you, but come on, it's nowhere near as great as Crysis' open-ended combat against great AI. It's way too shallow overall.

Multiplayer-wise, they're both super random. Crysis Wars gets cool points for being kinda fast-paced (COD online = slowest game in the universe), COD gets cool points for being a little less random (though still very random). They're about equal imo. Crysis Wars makes better public servers, COD makes better clan matches.

BontraXenderKyl

Too bad COD isn't a tactical shooter either, and it's not even close.

pcgamer_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 pcgamer_07
Member since 2007 • 1164 Posts

I've played all of the COD games except for the third one and I would rate the first COD and its expansion pack as the best in the series followed by COD4 which I thought it bought the COD series back to its near best.

I've enjoyed both COD4 and Crysis thoroughly but gameplay wise Crysis imo is superior. These two games have two different st-yles each to their own, if you want replayability then Crysis wins simple as that.

COD is a linear scripted game which puts you in a lot of intense action and it does a darn good job at it although I think they need to move up a gear when COD6 comes.

To be clear on the topic question my answer is yes.

btw I had to put a dash through the word "st-yles" as gamespot thinks this is some kind of swear word or something:roll:.

BontraXenderKyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BontraXenderKyl

ReddestSkies

I actually meant to say that the gap between TS games and CoD is smaller than the gap between TS games and Crysis.

Use your imagination a little bit won't harm anybody...

ReddestSkies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ReddestSkies
Member since 2005 • 4087 Posts
[QUOTE="ReddestSkies"]

BontraXenderKyl

I actually meant to say that the gap between TS games and CoD is smaller than the gap between TS games and Crysis.

Use your imagination a little bit won't harm anybody...

No, it really isn't. They both have 0 actual tactics and they're both just about as (un)realistic. Crysis is probably closer to tactical shooters because you actually get to decide how to approach a battle. COD is closer to rail shooters like Panzer Dragoon than it is to tactical shooters.

Tracekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 Tracekill
Member since 2005 • 47 Posts
Whoa whoa. I can't believe I'm hearing people say Crysis has a deeper SP plot line? You have to be kidding me... They completely monetized the classic "action team" characters: crazy one, quiet one, brave one, intelligent one. It's the most two dimensional plot line I've ever encountered in gaming, ever. You might as well just have the A-team in super-suits fighting the entire North Korean army. And, in similar style, you're completely unable to do any damage to the enemy with your weapons and always end up smacking them in the face anyway. CoD4 had a much much richer storyline. I found myself getting attached to the characters as I played through the compelling story, which made the ending that much worse.
Nitrous2O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Nitrous2O
Member since 2004 • 1813 Posts

Whoa whoa. I can't believe I'm hearing people say Crysis has a deeper SP plot line? You have to be kidding me... Tracekill

Did someone say that, or are you talking about the gaming public in general from your perspective? To each their own of course, but I'd find that rather surprising. While not necessarily a negative, the "plot line", or story behind Crysis is rarely mentioned as a true strength of the title -- from what I've seen anyway.

What most people consider the triumphant aspect of the Crysis single-player campaign over that of Call of Duty is the gameplay. In agreement with those people, I found the sandbox FPS gameplay of Crysis much more fun than the more typical linear and restricted (although well-produced) ride through COD4.

Tracekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Tracekill
Member since 2005 • 47 Posts

[QUOTE="Tracekill"]Whoa whoa. I can't believe I'm hearing people say Crysis has a deeper SP plot line? You have to be kidding me... Nitrous2O

Did someone say that, or are you talking about the gaming public in general from your perspective? To each their own of course, but I'd find that rather surprising. While not necessarily a negative, the "plot line", or story behind Crysis is rarely mentioned as a true strength of the title -- from what I've seen anyway.

What most people consider the triumphant aspect of the Crysis single-player campaign over that of Call of Duty is the gameplay. In agreement with those people, I found the sandbox FPS gameplay of Crysis much more fun than the more typical linear and restricted (although well-produced) ride through COD4.

Admittedly the Crysis Sandbox gameplay was fantastic (I speak, of course, of the sandbox demo offered pre-release), and far superior to the CoD4 demos we were offered, and were this to have been the spirit that the final game was forged in, Crysis would be the clear victor. But it wasn't. And yes, there were several praises given to the Crysis SP storyline in this thread, if I read correctly. I've always been a proponent of gameplay over graphics, and on that front, Crysis does not deliver. However, on the reciprocal of that little comparison, Crysis, of course, triumphs.
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
Crysis' gameplay is much, MUCH better than CoD's gameplay. Call of Duty, while fun, is basic and static combat versus repetitive AI that just respawns. It's too repetitive. It's very linear and relies a lot on scripted events.
machockey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 machockey
Member since 2004 • 320 Posts
Did anyone play Crysis wars? I thought that was amazing....and maybe better than COD4's mp. The Original crysis mp blew though. As for singleplayer, the winner is clearly crysis to me. even though COD had some great cinematic presentation i think there were parts of crysis that had that as well. I still think the Gunplay in crysis is among the best, and feel as if its atmosphere is very engrossing. Both great games though.
death1505921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 death1505921
Member since 2004 • 5260 Posts

Completed CoD4/CoD3 (didn't play any before so can't comment) and crysis/warhead. Much prefered the crysis twins.

CoD was more intenseand frantic but that doesn't neccicerily lend anything to the gameplay. It's incredibly linear and like playing a movie. I suppose that's alright if you just want to mindlessly gun down enemies and there is some variety in the missions but in essence it's the same. Kill X amount of enemies to continue.

Crysis on the other hand gives you much more freedom. I prefer that in a game. I want to play it my way, not just the way the game wants me to play it.

CoD4 SP was medeocre at best. The best level was the plane level imo, which only lasted a few minutes.

But multiplayer CoD4 kills crysis one, crysis wars however, well that's tougher to call.

Forerunner-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Forerunner-117
Member since 2006 • 8800 Posts

Yes, but you can't spend a lot of time playing the same game over and over again (Crysis SP).

BontraXenderKyl

LOL WUT?

I have put countless hours into Crysis, and I haven't even touched the multiplayer component (not because I'm uninterested, but because I haven't gotten all the patches yet).

Crysis' gameplay is much, MUCH better than CoD's gameplay. Call of Duty, while fun, is basic and static combat versus repetitive AI that just respawns. It's too repetitive. It's very linear and relies a lot on scripted events.GodLovesDead

Pretty much.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10443 Posts

pinneyapple

great post, sums it up very well.

its the freedom you have to plan your attack and the tools you have at your disposal to implement your plan that makes crysis far superior in my eyes.

its no surprise to me that the general consensus of opinion seems to be people loved the first two thirds of the game the most as you are given so much freedom up to that point. once you come out of the spaceship it changes tack and follows a much more linear movie style approach a la call of duty.

The_PC_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 The_PC_Gamer
Member since 2003 • 2910 Posts
Cannot be compared - Crysis is the obvious winner
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58310 Posts

Crysis' gameplay is what makes it a great game.

The visuals are merely icing on the cake, despite the hype surrounding them.

Call of Duty is a fun game, but its not innovative at all. Every single playthrough will be exactly the same. Ive played Crysis about 30 times so far and every single time has been different.

Crysis is a superior shooter to everything out there on every level, not just on a technical level.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts
Absolutely.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#41 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
Crysis >> COD4 any day for me.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#42 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Crysis is different. I don't know how to describe it without magically creating a wall of text.. but it's different. They're both action packed but Crysis is definitely more off the top because it deals with a different premise, as oppose to your military shooter. They're both great games, but I love COD's controls a lot more. It's just more fluid. To each their own.
s_emi_xxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 s_emi_xxxxx
Member since 2005 • 1058 Posts

go on guys, im having fun reading comments here.. btw where's that Crysis #1 hater named thenewau25.. can't find him here,:P

Like many have already said.. Crysis & even Warhead's singleplayer is much much much better than COD4's

Crysis' gameplay is what makes it a great game.

The visuals are merely icing on the cake, despite the hype surrounding them.

Call of Duty is a fun game, but its not innovative at all. Every single playthrough will be exactly the same. Ive played Crysis about 30 times so far and every single time has been different.

Crysis is a superior shooter to everything out there on every level, not just on a technical level.mrbojangles25

agree with this guy here... oh & did you say that you've played 30 times so far ? that's like 30x10 = 300 hours! that's really impressive!:o

I myself have spent 100s of hours in Crysis singleplayer. while i keep trying different SP maps available at crymod.com as well. it's simply the most addictive game i've played after F.E.A.R.

the Poll clearly shows that Crysis is obvious winnner here.... Also.. Now after playing a few hours of Crysis Wars i can easily say that it's MP is better & more fun than COD4's.. tho i don't play any of them as for some reason i've been told to stay away from online games. & Once F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin releases in Feb next year.. it'll be the BEST multiplayer game out there... better than COD4's! pretty sure it's singleplayer will be as amazing as F.E.A.R's. :)

There's one thing about COD4's SP that i'd like to say here.. that it's still a pretty fun game guys. It's just not better or even comparable to Crysis'.. & Half Life 2 was more enjoyable than COD4... F.E.A.R. was an amazing game & COD4's SP isn't even comparable to F.E.A.R's. Also I've played & enjoyed Rainbow Six vegas 1 more than COD4... Gears of war is a effing awesome game & it easily pwns COD4. tho it's a TPS with cover system. I've been amazed to see that some gamers even called COD4 as the best shooter ever made.. Lol.